Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question on modding slider text

Default Question on modding slider text
    i got the Springboard.strings on my computer. I then changed it to Stringboard.plist and then I opened it up in Wordpad and it just looks like a bunch of jibberish...its not nice and clean like other people describe it with like <string></strings> and what not..however i can press ctrl+f and search for "slide to unlock" and i can find that..but my concern is that when i change it i will get the AWAY_LOCK or whatever everyone else is getting

use customize and change your strings in there

i dont want to use customize right now with 1.1.1 because it's still buggy..i just do all of my stuff manually right now

i did it using cutomize and im also on 1.1.1 works fine

ok well lets just say for now im not going to use customize..is wordpad the right program to open up Springboard.plist to edit the "slide to unlock"..save..then change back into Springboard.strings and put back into directory?...because when i open it up in wordpad it's mostly jibberish

i dont want to use customize because i have heard of people losing all their icons..and something about the ipod icon is the only one left or something like that..i just really havent heard any good things about it lately
    Last edited by watsony250; 2007-11-11 at 09:54 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Convert with http://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi

Edit, save, then upload to iPhone. No need to convert it again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Destructo For This Useful Post:

watsony250 (2007-11-12)