Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: hey

Default hey
    i'm new to this site and i need some help lol. how do get all the apps in the downloads to ur ifone

Welcome to MMi
    You can jailbreak and use the installer app
    or
    Check here http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/SSH_on_Windows

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Well,which carrier do you use? Did you inlock/activate/jailbreak it?
    Broomhead gave you the link,which is suitable for only JAILBROKEN iPhone,search forums for Ziphone/PWNAGE/iPlus/iLiberty+.... Check out native apps section.....)
    WELCOME!

i have the installer app on my fone but it doesn't have all the options like the downloads do on this site

hey thanx guys, i got it working and its connected but how do i use it lol
    Last edited by werdna1091; 2008-05-09 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How... What do you want to do?
    Install theme's, Add apps, Change carrier image?

yeah how do u install themes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Go into installer and go to the System folder and install Summerboard. Reboot your phone.. then go back into Installer... go to the Themes (Summerboard) folder and you should have like 100 or more themes to chose from and download. From there go hit the SmbPrefs icon on your phone and select from the themes you just downloaded.

thanx, i have all of that and i know how to do that, but i'm tryin find out how to get the themes that r in the download section of this website. do u know how to do that? and i've downloaded winSCP btw

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You must have OpenSSH installed on your phone in order to access files through WinSCP. Someone help me out... which directory do the Summerboard themes go into?

Summerboard themes go in var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

hey thanx, ur a lota help. i know i'm prolly annoying you, but how do u access files through WinSCP

Quote Originally Posted by werdna1091 View Post
    thanx, i have all of that and i know how to do that, but i'm tryin find out how to get the themes that r in the download section of this website. do u know how to do that? and i've downloaded winSCP btw

Just Download ithemeit and you can load any theme you get from anywhere and send it straight to your phone.

No need to access the file system with winscp.

iThemeit allows you to customize your own style theme, mix and match and then send to iphone.

Last edited by bklynjava; 2008-05-09 at 10:22 PM.

with ithemeit can you transfer the themes in the download section of this site

How to SFTP Summerboard themes 1.1.4

1. install BSD subsystem
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

2. install OpenSSH
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/SSH_on_Windows

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5. Summerboard themes go in var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

nirav464 (2008-05-10)