Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MobileFinder Question

Default MobileFinder Question
    I want to change my battery image and I don't want to download Customize because it is buggy with 1.1.1..so i then looked up where to place the battery images and i found this path System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
    and when I went to it in Finder it just crashed and went back to the home screen..any ideas?

well...you wouldn't go to that directory on the iPhone itself...you'd have to login through ssh and then navigate to that path and put in your battery images. customize works very well on 1.1.1 in my experience as long as you don't try using rSBT inside the customize app. switching graphics and stuff works fine as far as i can tell, i used it to switch my battery images and my carrier logo, as well as the signal bars and wifi signal bars.

that is the correct path for the battery images, but if you want to switch them yourself, you have to login through ssh and then navigate there through your ssh program, and then upload the new battery images into that directory.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

Quote Originally Posted by rianbattle View Post
    that is the correct path for the battery images, but if you want to switch them yourself, you have to login through ssh and then navigate there through your ssh program, and then upload the new battery images into that directory.
    Hey guys, i'm not really good at this, but what i've just read i have a little question. How do u log in through ssh (i do have SSH installed on my phone and keep it off most of the time since don't know what it used for but read a lot that most ppl has it on jailbroken phones) and what would ssh program be? I have iPhoneBrowser (i'm on WIndows), is that what it is? Is there any link where they explain in details how to change the battery, calculator, dailer , etc images? Thanks a lot. I really want to mod my phone but with jailbreak i was only able to have cool apps.

To use SSH you need to have an SSH service installed (dropbear or OpenSSH), some jailbreak methods install these. Then you can use an SSH client like FileZilla or WinSCP to browse and copy files to the iPhone.

Using iPhoneBrowser, you just use the Go To Location|Springboard Images and Settings to change to the SpringBoard.app folder and then drag and drop new battery images or carrier/wifi images in to the folder.

You can find some details in the deprecated tutorials at hacktheiphone.com, the file replacement portions still apply.