Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: College ftp question

Default College ftp question
    im currently at college and i tried ssh multiple times using the the college wifi following directions and i still cannot get access..it keeps saying connection timed out..so i was wondering if they probably disabled ftp'ing on their routers?...are other people in college having this problem...are the people that have had success at home on their own routers?

wasn't a problem for me. I'm on stanford's wireless and have no problems connecting

Yeah I'm having trouble with mine but I don't bother. We have secured wifi that makes us use our school email address and password but can't do that in the iPhone. So I just use the schools 'public' network that is unsecure and open to anybody.

so do you think that is whats causing me not to be able to SSH into my phone?...does SSH work when your on the public wifi?

Thanks

Public WiFi's do have a firewall running. I guess the firewall is blocking some ports which are required by SSH.

is there any other way to access the filesystem?..i have mobilefinder and i used that and sendspace to get my ROMs on the iphone but i want to change the battery image and the carrier image and some other things and i want to save a backup of these files incase something happens..so i would like to have a program on my computer where i could see the files on the iphone and be able to save and mod them