Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PXL apps in 1.1.1 and questions.

Default PXL apps in 1.1.1 and questions.
    I am still running 1.0.2 on my iPhone and don't have the dire need to move up to 1.1.1 but had a few questions if I did.

Do all the programs that run on 1.0.2 work in 1.1.1?

If I restore my phone before update to 1.1.1 will it still be jailbreaked? Will I still need to run ibrickr? Have not had to restore my phone since I ran ibricker and anySIM.

Does the updated modem firmware really make a huge difference in speed, connectivity or use?

I am over happy with my iPhone and don't need to change if I am going to lose the use of the already out programs.

-Truckerbear OUT!
    8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
    8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
    16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
    16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
    Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.

i believe you'll have to "revirginize" your iPhone before updating to 1.1.1...there is now a jailbreaking forum, head over there and poke around. i know there are guides in the guide section that show you how to do the revirginizing and jailbreaking and everything.

but yea, all the apps as far as i can tell work on 1.1.1 now. the only thing i've seen that doesn't work is rSBT, and some have reported success with that as well.

after revirginizing you will basically have a factory default phone, and after updating to 1.1.1 you will be able to re-jailbreak.

as far as speed and all that, i haven't noticed a difference, but then again i haven't really paid attention to that lol.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps