Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone File Browser

Default iPhone File Browser
    Hey Guys,

Can someone please tell me how I can browse the files in my iPhone?

I am using Vista and couldn't find any application which does the same. I used to have PocketPC and there were applications like Resco Explorer which shows the contents of the device.

Please help..

Thanks
    Jugs

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Download iPhoneBrowser 1.4 ( http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/ ) or iPhoneList ( http://code.google.com/p/iphonelist/ )

Thanks Destructo!!!

I really appreciate your help. iPhoneBrowser didn't work, but I got iPhoneList to work.

Do you know where iPhone stores videos and audio files I synched using iTunes?

Thanks
    Jugs

Thanks

I'm not sure where it stores audio/video, but I think music is stored in /iTunes_Control/.

PS. Make sure you do this so you can access all files : http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11945

Thanks

You can also download and install MobileFinder, which more like Recoexplorer allows you to browse your files on the phone itself.

Hey you are so quick!!

I got my new iPhone only today and it supports my service provider which is not AT & T. So I guess either it has Jailbreak or the seller has done something else to remove the restriction. My firmware version in 1.1.1 and I checked a few websites and they were telling like Jailbreak is not compatible with 1.1.1.

How can I check whether my iPhone has Jailbreak or not?

I noticed that when I tried installing SSH kit from here http://devices.natetrue.com/iphone/sshkit.zip
    , it failed with some error message.

Once again thanks for helping me.

Regards
    Jugs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jagadeesh View Post
    Hey you are so quick!!

I got my new iPhone only today and it supports my service provider which is not AT & T. So I guess either it has Jailbreak or the seller has done something else to remove the restriction. My firmware version in 1.1.1 and I checked a few websites and they were telling like Jailbreak is not compatible with 1.1.1.

How can I check whether my iPhone has Jailbreak or not?

I noticed that when I tried installing SSH kit from here http://devices.natetrue.com/iphone/sshkit.zip
    , it failed with some error message.

Once again thanks for helping me.

Regards
    Jugs
    There's a very easy what to tell, on your iPhone, goto http://jailbreakme.com

This is an auto solution for 1.1.1 users.

Thanks

If you can install 3rd party apps and use a foreign SIM, the phone must be jailbroken/activated and unlocked already.

Don't know about the SSH kit, but use Installer.app to install programs (install community services, bsd subsystem first, they are requiered).

Eurisko,

I went to jailbreak.com and it wanted me to install Appsnap, when I selected the link, it just minimized the browser and navigated me to the home.

Destructo,

I am using an Installer from Nullriver and I checked using iPhoneList and found that I have BSD Subsystem, OpenSSH, SummerBoard, XLaunch etc installed using NullRiver installer. Are they 3rd party applications or does that mean my iPhone is jailbroken.

Kindly ignore if I am asking a stupid question

--Jugs

Thanks

Eurisko,

I went to jailbreak.com and it wanted me to install Appsnap, when I selected the link, it just minimized the browser and navigated me to the home.

--Jugs
    That means you're already jailbroken. The fact that you have all those third party apps installed is also another pretty good indicator

So go to installer.app and install MobileFinder.

Cheers

Thanks Eurisko!!

I added Community source to my installer.app, but yet couldn't find MobileFinder anywhere in the category.

Any pointers??

Thanks
    Jugs

Thanks

I am using an Installer from Nullriver and I checked using iPhoneList and found that I have BSD Subsystem, OpenSSH, SummerBoard, XLaunch etc installed using NullRiver installer. Are they 3rd party applications or does that mean my iPhone is jailbroken.

--Jugs
    If you see the apps on the springboard, and are launchable, it means both.

Seems like I got it finally, Thanks guys. I really appreciate this help. You guys are terrific

One last question, any idea on how I can access my windows share using iPhone. I have a wifi router which opens access to my network and I used to browse the contents of my network folders using Resco explorer. I also have a MAc notebook and I use SMB share to browse the folders, but couldn't find a solution in iPhone yet.

Do you know any applications which does this?

Thanks
    Jugs

There is not an application to browse SMB shares from the iPhone as far as I know. Samba isn't ported (yet).

Can you tell me what went wrong with iPhoneBrowser?

Oh, and wrong forum!
    Last edited by NetMage; 2007-11-01 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destructo View Post
    Download iPhoneBrowser 1.4 ( http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/ ) or iPhoneList ( http://code.google.com/p/iphonelist/ )
    Hi guys,

I am absolutely jailbroken on 1.1.1 but I can't get either of these apps to recognize that fact. I'm dying to recreate my custom icons from 1.0.2 but I can't seem to make either app fly. Any idea's? iphone list won't even install, comes up with an error...and iphonebrowser just thinks i'm not jailbroken.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike

Thanks

Thanks Eurisko!!

I added Community source to my installer.app, but yet couldn't find MobileFinder anywhere in the category.

Any pointers??

Thanks
    Jugs
    MobileFinder is under Productivity

and if you guys dont like/cant use mobilephonebrowser.

ibrickr still works too,
    and its a little more user friendly.

though you cant do much else than add files..

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Coakley View Post
    Hi guys,

and iphonebrowser just thinks i'm not jailbroken.

Mike
    You're not jailbroken. At least, not in the original definition of the term.

You need to add the afc2 service - search the forums for instructions.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

Michael Coakley (2007-11-02)

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    You're not jailbroken. At least, not in the original definition of the term.

You need to add the afc2 service - search the forums for instructions.
    Thank you! It was the afc2 sevice file. That did the trick.

Cheers,

Mike