Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone - Some General Questions...

Default New iPhone - Some General Questions...
    I have just got my iPhone unlocked, jailbroken and activated on Orange in the UK (purchased from USA on AT&T). I did this using the latest iLiberty+

I have the following questions so far, that I was hoping to get some information on them:-

1. Can Notes by synced from Outlook to the iPhone?

2. Can I use songs in my iTunes as ringtones on my phone as they don't show up under Settings. Also Ringtones does show in my iTunes - I am running the latest version of iTunes and 1.1.4 of iPhone?

3. I have upgraded from a Nokia N95 and I had an application that would constantly remind me of a SMS, Email or Calendar event every 2 minutes until I read it - is there something available like this for the iPhone?

4. I also used to have an application on my N95 called Handy Safe which was a password protected application with 128bit encryption that I used to store password/pin numbers etc in. This was also syncable to my PC. Is there anything like this for the iPhone?

5. Does the Griffin iTrip work on the iPhone?

6. How can you turn up the alarm volume on the iPhone?

7. Is there any GPS software for the iPhone yet that can have the maps installed locally as I don't have free internet access with my contract?

8. Can ActiveSync be used to sync the iPhone with an Outlook data file on Vista?

9. Can an iPhone Calendar and Contacts be sync'd on more than one windows computer, i.e. home Pc and work pc

10. How do you reboot an iPhone?

11. How do you power down the iPhone?

12. How do I install games etc? What file format do I need to look for them in?

13. I am after a texas holdem poker games, is there one anyone can recommend?

14. There is an application called Installer on my home screen, is this a standard application or one installed by iLiberty+?

I am sorry if these questions have all been asked before but I was struggling to find them all.

Thanks
    Mark
    Last edited by mdavenport; 2008-04-27 at 09:32 PM.