Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone folder that holds music?

Default iPhone folder that holds music?
    Hey all...
    had some issues lately with my 1.1.4 and iTunes, but was able once again quite easily to Restore - ZiPhone and all is well.

that said, I lost ALL my music on the iPhone. and as a PC guy, while iTunes does hold my backups, I've not ever gotten any music from them so my "account" musically is empty.

but, I've got lotsa music on my PC.

is it possible to use say iPhoneBrowser (or can you recommend any other app?) to just transfer my own tunes to the iPod area of my iPhone?

this would make life sweet!

Jim

Not with any standard file application - music files put on to the phone are in a special format with special index files that iTunes creates.

The new iTunes should support drag-and-drop to the iPhone for music, however.

Also, there is a third-party commercial application that supports transferring music to/from the iPhone.

Why not just point iTunes at your existing (MP3?) music on your PC and let it index. Just turn off the option to not import the music into your iTunes library and it will just point to the existing music copy, but still enable iPhone sync.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage