Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom SMS in 1.1.1

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Custom SMS in 1.1.1
    I tried using iBrickr and it was able to change my mail notification but changing my SMS notification did nothing. Is there a way to add another option for the SMS using SSH or any other method? I tried copying an mp3 file into the audio files section of Customize through SSH but then whenever I go into Customize and select system sounds any one I click on sends me back to the springboard. Do I need to name them a certain way? I appreciate any help.

The new sms sounds are named diffeerntly. That's why it wont work with iBricker. The sounds are now named sms-received1.caf thru sms-received6.caf.
    You can ssh the file or use any other method you prefer (iphonebrowser etc.) to put the file in the system/library/audio/uisounds folder. You can overwrite one of the files like I did. Or you can add a new one naming it with a 7.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pmas For This Useful Post:

Wastegate13 (2007-10-29)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pmas View Post
    The new sms sounds are named diffeerntly. That's why it wont work with iBricker. The sounds are now named sms-received1.caf thru sms-received6.caf.
    You can ssh the file or use any other method you prefer (iphonebrowser etc.) to put the file in the system/library/audio/uisounds folder. You can overwrite one of the files like I did. Or you can add a new one naming it with a 7.
    Naming it with a 7 didn't work but replacing the 2 file did, though it still is named Chime in the menu. Thank you so much!