Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes & iPhone sync query?

Default iTunes & iPhone sync query?
    non-mac user here lads...but wondering. I logged into iTunes last week and attempted to get it to "see" the myMusic folder on my computer, which it did and that's cool. Now under the MUSIC button I see my 60+ tunes. however, iTunes also reported that my iPhone needed to be restored....sigh. So, I did that - then ran iLiberty to unlock etc etc. and all is well. iTunes now "sees" my iPhone and was able to restore all of my contacts etc etc. I do NOT use the auto sync functionality tho, I manually manage same myself - which brings me to my question.

how can I get iTunes to d/l those 60+ songs it lists on my computer - to - the iPhone. I dont' see a way to do that? can someone here point out how I can do that? Or, can it not transfer those files to my iPhone? do I need say to use iPhoneBrowser or something like that to accomplish this?

?

Jim

If you want to move all iTunes music onto the phone, just make that selection on the Music tab in iTunes then manually sync.

You should also be able to enable drag-and-drop sync and then drag the music in your Library to the phone device (haven't tried it).

There is a third party commercial application for managing music files on the iPods, but normal file management applications won't work as the music is in a special naming format with special index files.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

JVRudnick (2008-04-24)

yup, that worked PERFECTLY for a PC guy...enough explanation for me to be able to do just that! wooHoo...got my music from the 60's all up and running...now all I gotta do is figure out how to get the album covers for the same and then get them on the iPhone too!

:-)))

Jim

Thanks

iTunes will get the album art for you and also put it on the phone when u sync...