Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Overwhelmed and need advice

Default Overwhelmed and need advice
    Ok, I have been reading everything here daily since I found out about the site (about a month ago). I absolutely LOVE this place!!! However, the more I read, the more I get lost (too many options and wayyyy too much information, plus my really short attention span = dont know what to do).

I was one of the unfortunate idiots that bought an iPhone 2 days before the price drop, and since I spent my children's college money on the phone I REALLY don't want to mess it up....

I am running Windows, 1.1.1, and iTunes 7.4.3.1 All I want to do is to be able to run 3rd party apps, custom ring tones, and install themes, I don't really care about switching carriers.

Any advice on the easiest ways to go about doing this?

Hey man, I am in the same boat as you, i did wait to get mine though. There is so much info on this site and so many helpful people and at the same time theres so many different ways. I really want to change my themes, but i dont know enough to hack into the codes and whatnot in the phone. i did however find out how to get ringtones. u can use itoner now because they have a version out for 1.1.1. its a 30 day trial and thereafter i think it is $15, but if u want to save a buck get as many ringtones on there as u can in the first 30 days lol. Its really easy to use too. i am running mac osx,1.1.1, and the newest itunes. hopefully someoen can gives us a hand understanding how everything works. goodluck

cody

Thanks

super easy ..download touchfree.exe with extras..do a search you find it..system requirements .net 2.0 and .net 3.0..it works i promise..to start got to http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com then run thouchfreegui.exe that you downloaded..it even gives you a killer sources for installer ...it works great iv tried them all this is the easiest..http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ight=touchfree here you go!!!!

How did you get a 1.1.1 BEFORE Apple dropped the price? The price drop was before the 1.1.1 phones were shipped.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    How did you get a 1.1.1 BEFORE Apple dropped the price? The price drop was before the 1.1.1 phones were shipped.
    its called update