Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can someone help me please.....

Default Can someone help me please.....
    I would be very grateful if somebody could help me. I can't seem to get any answers anywhere. I am from the UK and bought a 1.1.1 iPhone from the apple store in Orlando this week while I am on holiday there. I followed the modding instructions from here

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12024 until I got to this point:

MAKE SURE iTunes is closed and end the task iTunesHelper in windows task manager

I then realised the iPhone wasn't connected to my PC. I havn't gone anyfurther with the modding process but I did try to connect the iPhone to iTunes on my PC. Nothing happened. No recognition of it at all. Do I have to complete the modding before iTunes will recognise the phone or is it bust. I am only in the US for another week and need to know if I should take it back to the Apple store or re-set the damned thing or something.

I really would appreciate any help and reply.

connect to itunes restore it afterward shut down itunes helper i dont think the phones messed up you just have to give it a go after that follow the guides here

Quote Originally Posted by thebambino View Post
    connect to itunes restore it afterward shut down itunes helper i dont think the phones messed up you just have to give it a go after that follow the guides here
    Hi, thanks for the reply. The problem is, when I connect it to iTunes, nothing happens. It doesn't recognise the iPhone at all. Any ideas?

Put it in restore mode and restore.. that is your only option I believe.

Turn your phone off, turn it on, when you see the apple logo, press and hold the home and power buttons until the phone goes into restore mode.

Your only option I think..
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trent J. For This Useful Post:

happymonkey (2007-10-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post
    Put it in restore mode and restore.. that is your only option I believe.

Turn your phone off, turn it on, when you see the apple logo, press and hold the home and power buttons until the phone goes into restore mode.

Your only option I think..
    Thanks for that Trent. I've restored it and iTunes is recognizing it now.
    Tony