Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Taking the plunge: Upgrading an unlocked 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 ready for prime time?

Default Taking the plunge: Upgrading an unlocked 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 ready for prime time?
    OK, I have been itching to bring my unlocked 1.0.2 unit to 1.1.1. Are there simple procedures already published so I can easily virginize, upgrade, jailbreak and unlock without fear of bricking? Or should I wait a few more days?
    Last edited by truenorth; 2007-10-25 at 08:24 AM. Reason: typo
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to truenorth For This Useful Post:

esoin (2007-10-26)

I am wondering the same thing too.

I came across a link that explains how to virginize 1.0.2, if you used anysim.

http://dzhiurgis.blogspot.com/2007/1...02-iphone.html

However, I used jailbreak, winscp, and manzana. I'm not sure if the above link applies, or works, for me.

Any ideas how I can virginize my 1.0.2 iphone, so I can prep for 1.1.1?

esoin: If you did not run anySIM or IPSF or one of the other unlock tools, than you are not at risk - you have not unlocked your phone to use on another carrier besides AT&T.

It is probably best if you restore to 1.0.2 before upgrading to 1.1.1 to prevent issues with Installer.app and other app preferences remaining on the phone, however.

truenorth: The procedures I've seen look complicated and risky so far. I am locked to AT&T but upgraded to 1.1.1 and would say it isn't (yet) worth it. rSBT functionality isn't really there, SummerBoard crashes the phone somewhat more often (lots more if you dim wallpaper), and has less functionality.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

esoin (2007-10-26), truenorth (2007-10-26)

Much appreciated, NetMage!
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Thanks Netmage

I've been considering the same. I have 1.0.2 but picked up a 1.1.1 last night (for my daughter) and unlocked it. Some of my faves just are not running. I think I will stay at 1.0.2 for a while.