Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked my phone but need some help PLEASE !

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Unlocked my phone but need some help PLEASE !
    Thanks to you guys here I was able to unlock my phone and got it online with Rogers here in Canada working great last night.

I had a few other questions though I hope you guys can help with.

Is there a way to hide all the icons on the screen except the 4 main ones at the bottom ( phone, mail ect ) so I can just see a pic like my wallpaper ? I cannot figure out how to do it.

How can I change the cities showing under the weather icon to ones near me, I have looked all though the settings and cant figure it out.

Is there a Messenger app like I used on my Blackberry so I can still talk instant to my friends ?

Since I Jailbroke the phone using Iplus 2.0 I have 2 Icons on the main screen Term-vt100 and Installer what are these ?

Thanks in advance for your help this place rocks !

Thanks

To start, you can drag all your icons to the seconds screen. Hold down any icon untill it starts to "wiggle" and then drag it to the right edge and voila, a hole other screen is there.

The weather app will give you the city that is closest to you if your city is not listed in their database.

In installer, you can download and a number of apps for chatting, like Mobilechat, Apollo and one or two others.

Term100v is a terminal window for which to run command line commands, most people don't need this. It can be uninstalled in either installer or via ssh (which if you don't know you'll have to do a search to find out what that ssh is).

Installer, is just that. An app from which you can download and install third party apps directly onto the phone. It's a browser for the third party apps, if you will.

If I missed anything or misrepresented anything, I'm sure someone else will chime in. Most of these questions can be answered just by doing a search on this forum.

Thanks

I move everything to the 2nd screen but then how do I get out of move icon mode where the icon jiggle ? If I just hit the home button again everything goes back to the first screen and undoes all I moved ?

Also if I choose a picture I have uploaded to the phone and say set as wallpaper I see it when the phone is locked but not as my wallpaper behind the icons I want moved ?

I am in Ottawa Canada, in the weather icon it shows New York and Cupertino ? Could this be from the fake activation when I jailbroke it ? Can it be modified ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

if you want to hide them off the springboard completely and not just to another page use poof to hide icons.
    installer lets you download apps easily and term lets u do cmd commands on the iphone
    use fringe to aim your buddies, it has all diff kinds of chat apps in it

hit the I on the bottom right to flip it around so u can add and delete cities
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pokekid For This Useful Post:

bigmoss (2008-04-16)

Thanks

Thanks for the help I was able to change the weather city perfect. Is poof built into the Iphone already or do I have to install it and if so how ?

What I want is no icons on the main screen other than the 4 main ones at the bottom and my whoto showing as a wallpaper

I found the poof app under the installer and installed it fine and hide the icons I did not want. When I go under setting and wallpaper I then choose one of my picture and say set as wallpaper but my main screen stays black with no wall paper ?

Does anyone know the exact steps using Summer Board to change the background to a pic of your own on the home screen ? I have tried everything and cannot get it to work.

Anyone ?

Thanks
    Last edited by bigmoss; 2008-04-17 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Go to summerboard prefs and turn the theme wallpaper to OFF and down below under Advanced turn wallpaper ON and then go to your photos and select one and apply as wallpaper.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

bigmoss (2008-04-17)

Thanks

That did the trick exactley thank you !

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

your very welcome buddy. pm me if you need any other help
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon