Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Voicemail Notification on Rogers Canada unlocked iPhone 1.1.1 FW

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Voicemail Notification on Rogers Canada unlocked iPhone 1.1.1 FW
    I have an unlocked iPhone 1.1.1 FW. I noticed that I no longer receive a message pop up indicating that I have new voicemail. I used to when I was running 1.0.2 FW.

I know it must be the iPhone 1.1.1, as I put my SIM into a Motorola Razr, called it and left a voicemail and almost instantly, I received notification that I had VM.

I need someone, WAY smarter than me to see if there are any settings or alterations that I can do to get this back. I receive SMS fine, but when it comes to VM, I receive nothing.

I am not as familiar with the "inner workings" of the iPhone as all the genius modders out there, so I am looking for some help. I know enough to be able to change plist files or what have you on the phone, but not enough to know what I am looking for. I have edited a file so that it keeps my EDGE settings after a reboot of the phone. So my EDGE is always correct in it's settings.

I love the new 1.1.1 FW with iTunes and other settings, and I always like to be "current" in all the electronics I have, but this is an issue that may force me back to 1.0.2, as I think voicemail notification should be a no-brainer on ALL cell phones, etc.

Any help is need and VERY appreciated.

I'm still on 1.0.2 and I'm not getting Voicemail notification. Is there something that I have to do?

Default Conditional Call Forwarding
    Here is a solution. It will cost you a bit of money but if you own an iPhone (as I do) I'm sure that you are willing to spend a bit of cash to make this work.

On rogers you can use Conditional Call Forwarding options to send your callers to another phone number if you don't answer. I have a primus talkbroadband phone that I can forward these calls to. When the caller reaches the primus phone they will get my voicemail. With the talkbroadband service they will send my voice messages to an email address that I specify. The email comes in saying who called and at what time. They also can also send out WAV files with the original message (the iphone does not play WAV. If anyone knows of a VOIP service that can email mp3 that would be amazing - Visual Voicemail). You could do this with other VOIP services too. There are also sites that transcribe voicemail to text.

Here are the Conditional Call Forwarding Codes. The XXX-XXX-XXXX is the number that you want to send forward the calls to.

Out of Reach - *62*XXX-XXX-XXXX# send - to cancel, dial - ##62# send
    If no reply dial - *61*XXX-XXX-XXXX# send - to cancel, dial - ##61# send
    if busy - *67*XXX-XXX-XXXX# send - to cancel, dial - ##67# send

To set all features to forward to one number (likely this is the feature that I will use) dial - *004*XXX-XXX-XXXX# send - to cancel, dial - ##004# send

to check the status of any of these dial *#62# send (Replace 62 with any of the other numbers)

Good Luck

Hmm.. strange, same thing is happening to me. With 1.0.2 my voicemail indicator worked fine, now with 1.1.1 it doesn't.

I'd like to know if people are having this problem with 1.1.1 on T-Mobile? Is it a specific Rogers/1.1.1 problem, or is it a problem with 1.1.1 and any carrier other than AT&T?
    Last edited by vertu; 2007-10-24 at 04:49 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have since gone back and downgraded to 1.0.2 firmware.

Yes it is nice to be up to date with 1.1.1, but there were too many issues for me at this time to warrant changing from a perfectly running 1.0.2.

How much am I going to really use the iTunes wifi store?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

One thing u may want to try is call cell company tell them urnot getting voice mail they'll check there systems and even restart ur voice mail, u'll have to set a new password or so.

Thanks

I upgraded last night to 1.1.1 and no more VM notification. Get this, just on a lark, I called my voicemail, went into administrative options, turned notification off and then back on. I'm now being notified when I get voicemails again. Go figure.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I upgraded last night to 1.1.1 and no more VM notification. Get this, just on a lark, I called my voicemail, went into administrative options, turned notification off and then back on. I'm now being notified when I get voicemails again. Go figure.
    What carrier are you on? Is your phone unlocked?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hyperextension For This Useful Post:

sylvrie (2008-12-31)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post
    What carrier are you on? Is your phone unlocked?
    Rogers, like you guys. And of course its unlocked.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Rogers, like you guys. And of course its unlocked.
    Ah nice. I think I tried that and it didnt work for me. Oh well, might have to try it again. The good thing about all this upgrading and stuff is I am getting pretty darn good and restoring and upgrading and all that. Takes a fraction of the time when I first tried HAHA.

Keep me posted if you have any changes (stop getting VM notifications), as I may do an upgrade again to 1.1.1 over the weekend.

Get this. I upgraded to 1.1.1 and WOO HOO....VM notification works. I install INSTALLER.APP and voila...NO VM notification. I deleted Installer using WinSCP and voila...I get VM notification.

Strange
    Last edited by Hyperextension; 2007-10-25 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi Guys:

I am with Fido, but I have never had VM notification message (I don't mean the ATT VVM - just the regulr and normal VM text Notfication) from day one since I got the phone. Does anyon have any idea? Does anyone using Fido have the same problem.

My phgone is ver 1.0.2 unlocked with anySim 102.

Thanks.

Paul
    Last edited by paulclo; 2007-10-29 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulclo View Post
    Hi Guys:

I am with Fido, but I have never had VM notification message (I don't mean the ATT VVM - just the regulr and normal VM text Notfication) from day one since I got the phone. Does anyon have any idea? Does anyone using Fido have the same problem.

My phgone is ver 1.0.2 unlocked with anySim 102.

Thanks.

Paul
    Hi Paul,

Do you mean you get no VM notification whatsoever? Or you just get the standard SMS message? Fido does not notify VM the same way Rogers does...

Anyways, some others are having this problem, too:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&page=1&pp=15

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paulclo View Post
    Hi Guys:

Paul
    If you have the BSD subsystem installed, you should have minicom. Open up a command line (either terminal on the phone, or SSH to the phone) and run minicom

1. Type: AT+CSVM=1,"004" (you should get OK)
    2. Enter: CTRL-a
    3. Enter: CTRL-q

This should enable notifications on FIDO. Lemme know.

Weird, 1.1.1 didn't work for me with voicemail notification, but I tried it again last night (re-upgraded) and it's working fine now... no installer.app installed if that makes a difference. (And I'm with Rogers.)

If you have the BSD subsystem installed, you should have minicom. Open up a command line (either terminal on the phone, or SSH to the phone) and run minicom

Eurisko,

Thanks for the info. Quick question, does this work for 1.0.2 or 1.1.1? Haven't tried it myself yet...

Thanks mate

Forgot to ask how do i run minicom on a mac or is it on the phone?
    Last edited by Ridge; 2007-10-29 at 09:25 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ridgele View Post
    Eurisko,

Thanks for the info. Quick question, does this work for 1.0.2 or 1.1.1? Haven't tried it myself yet...

Thanks mate

Forgot to ask how do i run minicom on a mac or is it on the phone?
    Should work for both, it's a modem command for the baseband. minicom is on the phone itself. You just need to sign in to run it.

thanks mate... i'll give it a shot

Did anyone else using fido get it to work?

I've tried to run minicom and run those commands but i seem to be missing something. This is what shows up...

# minicom
    minicom: WARNING: configuration file not found, using defaults
    minicom: cannot open /dev/modem: No such file or directory
    # AT+CSVM=1,"004"
    zsh: command not found: AT+CSVM=1,004

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Ridge; 2007-10-30 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Please forgive my ignorance, as I really don't know muh about this. Would you be kind enough please give me a step by step procedure to do this? I used InstallApp to install OpenSSH, but after that I could notfind any icon to run it. I also annot find minicom to run a command line.

Sorry again for my ignorance.

Paul

thanks mate... i'll give it a shot

Did anyone else using fido get it to work?

I've tried to run minicom and run those commands but i seem to be missing something. This is what shows up...

# minicom
    minicom: WARNING: configuration file not found, using defaults
    minicom: cannot open /dev/modem: No such file or directory
    # AT+CSVM=1,"004"
    zsh: command not found: AT+CSVM=1,004

Any thoughts?
    Can you please show me step by step as to how to run minicom? Thanks.

Paul

Hi Eurisko and ridgele:

I finally figured out how to do the commad line thing. I followed word for word as Eurisko's guidance, but I got exactly what ridgele got.

Don't know what to do next!?

Paul
    Last edited by paulclo; 2007-10-30 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

just wanted to give this a bump... still haven't quite figured it out yet.

just wanted to give this a bump... still haven't quite figured it out yet.
    Thanks, ridgele. Frustrating, eh!?

Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast