Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: important question Iphone keeps sayin free up space

Default important question Iphone keeps sayin free up space
    So i just bought a iphone 8gb it came with 1.11 firmware on it , i jailbroke it using the "one-click" jailbreak , then after that installed a few more apps like around 5 or 6 , but ipod's space available never changed, and i tried install a few more apps, i got a message saying free up space delete songs and videos, but i do not have any songs or videos , just those apps, i know they did not take over 8GB but how am i to know my iphone doesnt tell how much space is being used, any suggestions?

Thanks

itunes shows you how much space is used and available. the jailbreak might have gone wrong, and your phone/itunes may think that the phones hard drive has a 300mb capacity rather than 8gb. check that out in itunes. if its saying you olny have 300mb you will have to restore and start over.

i believe the problem is that 1.1.1 takes up all the space.... i have the same problem... there's a few guides
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...g+applications
    http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elite/wiki/MoveApps
    out there explaining how to move the applications folder onto the larger partion and creating a symlink to them but you must have wi-fi access to run winSCP which i don't so i wouldn't know if it works or not
    Last edited by 808mp5; 2007-10-22 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjdaul View Post
    itunes shows you how much space is used and available. the jailbreak might have gone wrong, and your phone/itunes may think that the phones hard drive has a 300mb capacity rather than 8gb. check that out in itunes. if its saying you olny have 300mb you will have to restore and start over.
    no my ipod/itunes does not show that i have 300mb, it says i have 7.2gb free