Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is ther an easier way to install .ipb themes?

Default Is ther an easier way to install .ipb themes?
    I tried using the tutorial I found here, but it didn't work for me. I have several .ipb formatted themes I'd like to install. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller......? Bueller....?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

.ipb themes are incredibly outdated and often lead to a full restore if you're silly and dont make a backup.ipb folder. use summerboard or iswitcher to make your iphone look awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Hondamaker View Post
    I tried using the tutorial I found here, but it didn't work for me. I have several .ipb formatted themes I'd like to install. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller......? Bueller....?
    what do you not understand about the tutorial exactly? the only way to install these it to use the installipb.pl script that you can download from a link in the tutorial. just put the install.ipb script wherever you'd like on your computer and make a folder called iPhoneBundles in the same place as the script, and put your .ipb themes in there. then, open up your command line(on windows go to start, then run, and type in cmd and hit enter) and navigate to the directory where you are keeping the install.ipb script, and run the command shown in the tutorial, which is "install.ipb nameoftheme.ipb" and it will install everything for you. you have to have perl installed, of course, which is shown in the tutorial. good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    .ipb themes are incredibly outdated and often lead to a full restore if you're silly and dont make a backup.ipb folder. use summerboard or iswitcher to make your iphone look awesome
    as long as you don't force it to replace any important files(ie: just graphics and sounds, .ipb files are my favorite. run one command and you have icons changed for all your apps, a background put in place, sliders changed, textmask for the slider text changed, signal bars, wifi bars, and everything else. perhaps i'm just lazy, but i prefer running one command as opposed to going through multiple menus and doing multiple springboard resets just to change a full theme.
    Last edited by rianbattle; 2007-10-22 at 02:53 PM.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps