Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom Ringtones in 1.1.1 Yet?

Default Custom Ringtones in 1.1.1 Yet?
    Now that it seems 1.1.1 can be unlocked, has anyone found a way to add custom ringtones in WINDOWS? I have a 1.1.1 phone never modded used with AT&T. I don't want to do anything but add ringtones to get rid of the GD Marimba! The ibricker method for 1.0.2 to add ringtones without unlocking the phone was great. Any luck with something similar in 1.1.1? Thanks.

Yes. You will need to jailbreak using one of the many guides and utilities available. Then install SendSong version .19 experimental or later (pending). You can grab that at Erica Sadun's website. Please take some time and read through the threads/guides on jailbreaking and installing applications. I would post some instructions for you, but its sunday and football is on

Good luck!
    Main Phone: 2.0 / AT&T
    Test Phone: sold

Don't forget to thank me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amnesia For This Useful Post:

facialcrunch (2007-10-22)

Just reread your post, I see now you are on windows, so the following won't help you:

If you are on a Mac, I recommend iToner 1.04 from http://ambrosiasw.com .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheule For This Useful Post:

iToner is only for MAC. I need something for Windows.

Why is this possible with iToner (like iBrickr was) with MAC only. I mean, if it is possible on a MAC, why is it so difficult to figure out for Windows? Obviously I know nothing about programming...
    Last edited by facialcrunch; 2007-10-22 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If someone would give me the folder to put ringtones into I can SSH them onto my phone myself.

Quote Originally Posted by facialcrunch View Post
    iToner is only for MAC. I need something for Windows.

Why is this possible with iToner (like iBrickr was) with MAC only. I mean, if it is possible on a MAC, why is it so difficult to figure out for Windows? Obviously I know nothing about programming...

Here's what i do:

Create the ringtone using any sound editor
    Save as mp3
    Drop the mp3 into my iTunes music library
    Sync my iPhone
    Execute SendSong on the iPhone
    Select the mp3 ringtone from the file list
    Tap send to ringtones
    and voila.

This will not currently work with purchased songs from iTunes, and you must obviously be jailbroken.

In order to install the latest version of SendSong (compliments of Erica Sadun), you must have OpenSSH or dropbear running on the iPhone. You must also be able to SSH to the phone via WiFi (with WinSCP or other app).
    Copy SendSong.app to your Applications directory, and set the permission octal to 0755 (usually is defaulted to 0644.)

Don't forget to thank me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to amnesia For This Useful Post:

there is already a guide for ringtones on 1.1.1 with windows its a bit complicated but ive done it and it works

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Fre...n_iPhone_1.1.1

11. The Following User Says Thank You to robbpell For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks

Iphone ringtonemaker just upgraded their program. It runs on windows and your phone doesn't need to be jailbroke. Simple to use and as they state if the tone doesn't work the first time, just upload again (still fine tuning it). It's a free trial, $14.95 to purchase, but compared to what Apple charges, it's well worth it. Just put 15 ringtones on my phone in about 10 minutes.

http://www.tunjiafonja.com/iphoneringtonemaker/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iphoneaddict For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    Here's what i do:

Create the ringtone using any sound editor
    Save as mp3
    Drop the mp3 into my iTunes music library
    Sync my iPhone
    Execute SendSong on the iPhone
    Select the mp3 ringtone from the file list
    Tap send to ringtones
    and voila.

This will not currently work with purchased songs from iTunes, and you must obviously be jailbroken.

In order to install the latest version of SendSong (compliments of Erica Sadun), you must have OpenSSH or dropbear running on the iPhone. You must also be able to SSH to the phone via WiFi (with WinSCP or other app).
    Copy SendSong.app to your Applications directory, and set the permission octal to 0755 (usually is defaulted to 0644.)
    Please Help!!!!

I installed the aplication but now my springboard is frozen. What can i do?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nicoflo For This Useful Post:

facialcrunch (2007-10-23)

restart by holding down the power button and home button, release once the screen goes black

Don't forget to thank me

17. The Following User Says Thank You to amnesia For This Useful Post:

facialcrunch (2007-10-23)

I'all ready try that.
    i drag the file to the aplications folder. Restarted... and sudenly... my springboard got mess up.
    I was hoping to erase the file via SSH but i am not able to log into the phone. It seems that everything has backfire. I have a wifi conection but no reception. And where it should have the signal bars, it says IPOD.
    If i tap home, it takes me to the ipod menu.

Is there another way that i could ein side my phone via cable? tired iphonebrowser but Vista says ther is a an error. i just spent the entire afternoon up grading. and suddenly this happens. Pls Help.

Pls. HELP...

I got iphuc running. what would be the command to erase the SenSong.app folder??? Sorry... i learn as i move along. Thanks in Advance.
    Last edited by nicoflo; 2007-10-23 at 12:23 AM.

iphoneringtonemaker has an alpha release for 1.1.1, it works!! Click on News at www.efksoft.com

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hondamaker For This Useful Post:

facialcrunch (2007-10-25)

Default iPhoneRingtoneMaker Works!!!
    iPhoneRingtoneMaker works!!! Just bought it and it works like a charm. The ringtones do not show up in iTunes, but they do on the phone running 1.1.1. SWEET!!! This is all I wanted... 1.1.1 w/ custom ringtones. Thanks guys!!!