Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 to 1.1.1

Default 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 to 1.1.1
    if i downgrade to 1.0.2 and install whatever on it is updating back to 1.1.1 going to brick the phone or no. as far as i understood it, it would with the 1.1.1 update from a modded iphone.

if so, how would i go about doing an upgrade back to 1.1.1 from 1.0.2 with stuff installed and im guessing jailbraked (in order to downgrade and install apps in the first place?)?

Quote Originally Posted by modbox14 View Post
    if i downgrade to 1.0.2 and install whatever on it is updating back to 1.1.1 going to brick the phone or no. as far as i understood it, it would with the 1.1.1 update from a modded iphone.

if so, how would i go about doing an upgrade back to 1.1.1 from 1.0.2 with stuff installed and im guessing jailbraked (in order to downgrade and install apps in the first place?)?
    I wouldn't recommend it, I would just stay at 1.1.1 and jailbreak with this: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10176

It's really easy, and you can still install apps. If you really really want to downgrade then upgrade (pointless), look at this: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10176

Quote Originally Posted by agentfubu View Post
    I wouldn't recommend it, I would just stay at 1.1.1 and jailbreak with this: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10176

It's really easy, and you can still install apps. If you really really want to downgrade then upgrade (pointless), look at this: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10176
    oh ok cool. what about future updates... if i jailbreak my phone (with 1.1.1 on it), install some 3rd party apps, then update from 1.1.1 to some other future update with some of 3rd party apps on there, will they remain on there just no longer work without another jailbreak for that version? or would it probably do something bad? orrr theres no way to really know until then...?

one of the reasons i might want to go from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 and back to 1.1.1 is what if i want apolloIM on my phone so i can talk on aim (as far as i know it doesnt work on 1.1.1)... then maybe someday soon ill decide i dont care about it as much and dont want to use it anymore and want to update back to 1.1.1 to use itunes or something...
    Last edited by modbox14; 2007-10-22 at 10:25 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to modbox14 For This Useful Post:

giuseppe (2007-10-24)

Quote Originally Posted by modbox14 View Post
    oh ok cool. what about future updates... if i jailbreak my phone (with 1.1.1 on it), install some 3rd party apps, then update from 1.1.1 to some other future update with some of 3rd party apps on there, will they remain on there just no longer work without another jailbreak for that version? or would it probably do something bad? orrr theres no way to really know until then...?

one of the reasons i might want to go from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 and back to 1.1.1 is what if i want apolloIM on my phone so i can talk on aim (as far as i know it doesnt work on 1.1.1)... then maybe someday soon ill decide i dont care about it as much and dont want to use it anymore and want to update back to 1.1.1 to use itunes or something...
    as for your first question, there isn't any way to know until they release the update. it will definitely need to be jailbroken again, whether or not it will cause as much trouble with the next update as it did with the 1.1.1 update we can't be sure until it happens. but what messed everybody up with the 1.1.1 update mainly was that those who had unlocked their phones for other service providers got it bricked until the dev team found a solution for it.

apollo does work on 1.1.1, i can vouch for that. as far as i know almost if not all the apps have already been updated to work on 1.1.1 if they even needed to be. really, at this point, everything that was working on 1.0.2 is now working on 1.1.1, as far as i know.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rianbattle For This Useful Post:

modbox14 (2007-10-23)

ok awesome thanks. ill just jailbreak my phone and go from there