Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Undo Springboard Patch

Default Undo Springboard Patch
    I installed the installer 1.1.1 alpha after jailbraking 1.1.1 and the instructions say
    !!! THE TWO STEPS BELOW ARE NOT REQUIRED TO INSTALL SUMMERBOARD !!!

If you want to undo the previous SpringBoard patch, move:
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard.original -> /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard
    However, after using ssh to access the phone and navigating to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ I only see springboard @ 777,964 bytes (i think), but I donot see a SpringBoard.original file. Where is this SpringBoard.original file supposed to be?

I have this problem too.

That would mean that either you or the program you used to patch the springboard didn't make a backup.

where can I get this backup?

Green Apple
    Thanks

On my iPhone the Springboard.original file is there, I swapped patched and original ones around only to find that my iPhone would no longer boot properly. The silver apple appears, SSH/SCP still work, iTunes still syncs, but the silver apple doesn't go away and Spring doesn't start.. I don't recommend you try it.

I later read the patch is apparrently required to allow the Springboard to display more than one page of apps.
    Last edited by mr_greedy; 2007-10-21 at 02:31 PM. Reason: typo

yeah, same thing happend to me when I downloaded the original springboard file.

there has to be way to undo the patch

Quote Originally Posted by mr_greedy View Post
    On my iPhone the Springboard.original file is there, I swapped patched and original ones around only to find that my iPhone would no longer boot properly. The silver apple appears, SSH/SCP still work, iTunes still syncs, but the silver apple doesn't go away and Spring doesn't start.. I don't recommend you try it.

I later read the patch is apparrently required to allow the Springboard to display more than one page of apps.

I have this problem to how do you fix this problem...my phone won't boot all the way up just stays on the silver apple screen...

you would just rename the file you changed before back to SpringBoard and the other one to SpringBoard.original

notice the caps