Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modding your iPhone for Windows 101

i am doing this right now i have held it the home and sleep till the itunes picture came up and its takign long time to wait after sending files, booting iPhone.
    am i supposed to keep waiting?

Just chiming in... same "Booting iPhone" message, tried doing this time after time and had the same result. Held the buttons down for 2 minutes just to rule that out... same thing.

Restoring phone now and will wait to see where this thread goes.

Time to re-enter all phone numbers and information

iPhone? More like MyPhone j3wbagell's Avatar
    Thanks

for some reason my computer wont run the .dll file or its not recognizing it something like that is there a program in which to read it i can use?

My parents didn't pay for my iPhone.
    *If i help you hit that "Thanks" button for me*

Default firm ware 1.1.1
    i want add a theme i have saved on my computer is there a process for a windows computer to make the phonedmg folder or can the guide on that work for 1.1.1 one way is use computer another is using phone i dont know what to do

"help...this is where i'm at:

ok...trying this...
    first off, followed directions... had to do this in windows c:

c:>cphonedmg is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

so i tried:

c>cphonedmg\jailbreak
    [jailbreak 1.1] by ziel & natetrue w/ special thanks to GeoHot, iZish, roxfan, Nighwatch and the rest of the #iphone-dev crew
    looking for iphone...
    USBmuxlistenerCreate: No Error

PLEASE HELP! where do i go from here?
    it seems to be stuck at this command."

ok im having the same exact problem, except for that im getting stuck on the JAILBREAK command
    anyone knows what can i do to fix it? i have no clue

Quote Originally Posted by bigorangekitty View Post
    help...this is where i'm at:

ok...trying this...
    first off, followed directions... had to do this in windows c:

c:>chonedmg is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

so i tried:

c:>chonedmgjailbreak
    [jailbreak 1.1] by ziel & natetrue w/ special thanks to GeoHot, iZish, roxfan, Nighwatch and the rest of the #iphone-dev crew
    looking for iphone...
    USBmuxlistenerCreate: No Error

PLEASE HELP! where do i go from here?
    it seems to be stuck at this command.
    i had the same problem...incase u didnt figure it out or if someone else reading this comes across the same problem heres what u do......go into the jailbreak folder and copy the jailbreak.exe file...now go back to the phonedmg folder and copy the jailbreakdmg file there.....now try typing in the command again and it should work

ok i may be a bit of a noob here but i have read all the bits here and still no avail. have downloaded all that is above but it's still not working for me. it comes up with the whole jailbreak thing... then says sending more files, then booting iphone. but then after that it just freezes, have left it for 20 mins n still nothing so i unplugged it and played with the power button until it restarted and then the message came up saying i would have to hold it longer than that, buddy!! please can someone help me. read some other posts which made out i should be using the old firmware, not 1.1.1 or whatever it is (know im a bit misinformed but am a quick study once i get going lol)

Thanks
    QUESTION...
    I did all the steps in the right order (plenty of times with the same results ), the problem comes after I hit jailbreak, the "cmd" window says:

looking for iphone...
    could not enable SSL...
    Sending files...

hold the power and home buttons for approximately 25s...

sending more files...
    booting iphone...
    could not enable SSL...

you're going to have to learn to hold it longer than that, buddy!

I made sure I holded it for long enough, what seems to be the problem? please help
    Last edited by esedaddy; 2008-01-03 at 03:30 AM.

My phone freezes on the booting phone. After a while it esets but when I enter in iphoneinterface, it tells me it is not recongizable as an internal or external command. What am I doing wrong?

this is ust not working for me...i do everything that i supposed to then when i get to the hold for 25 seconds i do that and it never boots the phone up... itunes opens up and then nothing else happends... please help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it gets stuck when it says sending files and booting iphone. Can some1 plz help?

Default Step 7
    I am going to throw my computer out of the window i have tried the Hold the power and home stage like 40 times now it always says you're going to need to learn to hold the button down longer i held it for 2 minutes at one point and sending more files and booting iphone showed up like 9 times repeating. Is there anything i am doing wrong?
    Last edited by Asian_slacker; 2008-04-28 at 11:35 PM.

my command prompt is also stuck at booting phone.. nothing happends except itunes opens and thats it..... help?

so you have to follow all these steps just to be able to download a new theme????? :-[

Thanks
    LMAO! Just install the firmware (Updated Firmware). Then, start all over again. You should always back-up your files. That way you can go back to the default settings and firmware for your iPhone. Goodluck!!

Last edited by nOObie12; 2008-08-05 at 05:31 AM. Reason: fine tuning

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

WHO DUSTED OFF THIS RELIC?????????

you guys do realize this guide is OVER a year old. half this stuff doesnt even apply anymore!

notice how the original poster has "RETIRED moderator" under his name?

wow.

no wonder all your phones are broke!

lmao!

i have a picture of usb plugging to itunes

is that what the final outcome suppose to be? it never said sending files or what not

the faq needs to be written more concisley

Ummmm, this does not work!
    Edit Broomhead : Inappropriate
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2009-01-18 at 12:37 AM.

Default shut this down now !!!
    close this out-dated thread plz, its ruining those who are new to jailbreaking

i got sick of this and jumped on youtube and used the vids to jailbreak my iphone by using 'pwnage'. In descriptions there is even a step by step text guide and links to this sites SPECIFIC tools

one of those 'easyinstall noobpackages' none of this DOS sh*t

youtube even have vids on customizing etc..people even showing off there results

and for a noob i've customized my icons, my battery picture, added a custom pic (hadouken) for my slider tool

custom unlock sound(shinku-hadouken...edit 3 audio game files for it)

edited my lock iphone sound (starwars r2d2)

etc etc

and even though i'm a noob i'm far enough to NOT use winscp/wifi like the youtube vids....i'm using iphone tunnel suite like most people (direct usb connection) no wifi necessary.
    Last edited by astro2; 2009-01-20 at 02:39 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast