Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modding your iPhone for Windows 101

ive tried it like three times and this is what i got:
    "booting iphone..." started and the iphone started to react for about 2 to 3 min, then it turned off, turned back on like normal and command prompt say; waiting for iphone to finish booting...
    then; problem with FileSystemCheck: 9

Quote Originally Posted by arthursdomain View Post
    Modding your iphone for windows 103, and there are a lot of themes in the downloads section.

hold down the power+home longer
    two lines will pop up in dos, it will say
    sending files
    rebooting phone (or something like that) keep holding it down, a third line will appear shortly after)
    Ok, I tried this and I waited another 2 minutes after I say the booting iphone.... message. I can not get past this step. What have I done wrong? I have the following items in my phonedmg folder:

694-5281-6.dmg
    iphoneinterface.exe
    jailbreak.exe
    README
    009-7662-6.dmg
    iPhone1,1_1.0.1_1C25_Restore.zip
    iTunesMobileDevice.dll
    kernelcache.release.s5l8900xrb
    Restore.plist
    Firmware (Folder)

Please Help.
    Last edited by Martin; 2007-08-20 at 02:13 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Ok, I tried this and I waited another 2 minutes after I say the booting iphone.... message. I can not get past this step. What have I done wrong? I have the following items in my phonedmg folder:

694-5281-6.dmg
    iphoneinterface.exe
    jailbreak.exe
    README
    009-7662-6.dmg
    iPhone1,1_1.0.1_1C25_Restore.zip
    iTunesMobileDevice.dll
    kernelcache.release.s5l8900xrb
    Restore.plist
    Firmware (Folder)

Please Help.
    Did you run the iPhone update yet? If you haven't, you need to do it before proceeding with what you have in your folder because it looks like you downloaded the "new" Restore. If you are still running the original f/w, then you need the iPhone1,1_1.0_1A543a_Restore.ipsw(zip) in order to jailbreak. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by maXimus View Post
    Did you run the iPhone update yet? If you haven't, you need to do it before proceeding with what you have in your folder because it looks like you downloaded the "new" Restore. If you are still running the original f/w, then you need the iPhone1,1_1.0_1A543a_Restore.ipsw(zip) in order to jailbreak. Good luck!
    Yes, I have run the update. Just to double check I went to settings > General > About on my iPhone and next to version is says "1.0.1 (1C25).

Quote Originally Posted by shadow-evillink View Post
    ive tried it like three times and this is what i got:
    "booting iphone..." started and the iphone started to react for about 2 to 3 min, then it turned off, turned back on like normal and command prompt say; waiting for iphone to finish booting...
    then; problem with FileSystemCheck: 9
    nothing huh?!

This will be the beginners guide to modding your iphone. This guide is for windows user only. For the sake of consistency and length, Iam going to be using a windows xp sp2 box.

Things you will need for Modding your iPhone for Windows 101
    1. jailbreak for windows [Download]
    2. iphoneinterface for windows (included in the jailbreak download)
    3. iTunesMobileDevice.dll [Download]
    4. software restore file [Download]
    5. WinRar (or equivalent) [Download]

**after you download WinRAR, install it. **

Once you have downloaded all of the above move on.

Step 1
    Create a folder called phonedmg on the C
    to do this do the following:
    1. go to START
    2. go to RUN
    3. type in the RUN command line: cmd
    4. press enter
    5. in the command window type: cd\
    6. you should see C>
    7. type in the command window: mkdir phonedmg
    8. press enter
    9. you should have a new folder called phonedmg

Step 2

Place all the files you downloaded (in compressed format) into the new phonedmg folder which is located in: Cphonedmg

Step 3
    Open the Cphonedmg folder in windows.
    1. open my computer
    2. open your c drive
    3. open the phonedmg folder
    (which now should contain all the files you downloaded except for winrar)

Step 4
    rename the file iPhone1,1_1.0_1A543a_Restore.ipsw to iPhone1,1_1.0_1A543a_Restore.zip

1. in the Cphonedmg folder window
    2. click on tools (at the top)
    3. click on folder options
    4. click on the view (tab)
    5. uncheck hide extensions for known file types
    6. click on ok
    7. right click on the iPhone1,1_1.0_1A543a_Restore.ipsw file
    8. click on rename
    9. change .ipsw to .zip
    10. press enter
    If you get this message, press Yes:

Step 5
    unzip or unrar all those files and extract them into the Cphonedmg folder
    1. right click on a file ending in .rar or .zip
    2. click on extract here
    ** the files you should be unziping/raring are: iPhone1,1_1.0_1A543a_Restore.zip and jailbreak11.zip **
    NOTE: jailbreak11.zip will unzip into a few folders copy all the contents from the jailbreak/jailbreak/windows folder (or something like that) and copy that into the Cphonedmg folder

Step 6
    getting started
    1. make sure that your phone is DOCKED and ON
    2. make sure that iTunes is SHUTDOWN
    ** make sure iTunes is fully closed and not in the system tray **

Step 7
    making the connection
    1. go to start
    2. go to run
    3. type in the run command line: cmd
    4. press enter
    5. type in the command window: cd\
    6. type in: cd phonedmg
    7. type in jailbreak

[I will insert screenshots later for now you can use the mac version, it looks the same]

8. there will be a point where it will ask you to:
    "hold the POWER and HOME buttons for approximately 25s."

The trick to this is make sure you hold it for long enough, press firmly and make sure that the dock does not get unhitched. Also hold it long enough and watch your command window, once it starts moving again, you can let go of the buttons. Keep holding until something on the command window happens.

Then there will be a lot of different text on the screen like "booting iphone" and "sending files" etc. be patient and wait till all of that is completed you will be rewarded

once that is completed it will give you final message and you are done. Once you have your prompt back (C>) then you can type in:
    iphoneinterface

and viola you are now interacting with the iphone windows style - congratulations!

Be on the lookout for Modding your iPhone for Windows 102 (ringtones, carrier logos, and more images!)
    and in Modding your iPhone for Windows 103 (themes and skins, MMi style !)

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you are having troubles either your getting locked up when updating or error messages of any kind while doing this process you may want to try this, its from hal128 from iphonealley.com
    i cannot pass that part by holding the home and wake button together, when i got to that part ; please connect to itunes; I LET GO , IT STAYS ON THAT SCREEN FOR EVER..AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG PLEASE HELP

the same thing happens to me, it freezes on the "Booting iPhone..." screen. Is this because I am on version 1.0.2? I even used the 1.0.2 update file, but does Apple restrict this version from Jailbreaking? Strange, I got it to work with 1.0...

Default What about newest update
    What is the procedure, if you have the latest 1.0.2 on the phone? Do you have to remove that update before jailbreak? I am stuck on the reboot/sending files and I believe this may be the cause.

How does this now change for 1.0.2 Update?

I'm having the same issue with the 1.0.2 update. I did everything to the T correctly, but after running jailbreak and rebooting the phone (and yes, for the full 25 seconds or what not until it says 'please connect to itunes'), it still says rebooting phone on the command prompt. I'm stuck there until I get fed up with it and cancel the whole ordeal. It will not proceed any further, and I'm thinking that it has to do with the newer software.

Am I correct here?

The same thing is happening to me. It stops at booting iphone. It is not an issue of me not holding the two buttons long enough. I suspect it has to do with the updated firmeware. Is there a way around this? Somebody must have an answer. Please help...

ok, so I have gone through all the steps and finished the process. Is my phone suppose to look any diffrent because everything looks the same as it was before all this. I must be missing something...

for all the it not working and im holding it, but it gets stuck etc. use ibrickr

Quote Originally Posted by morrisibc View Post
    ok, so I have gone through all the steps and finished the process. Is my phone suppose to look any diffrent because everything looks the same as it was before all this. I must be missing something...
    no nothing should change on the face of the iphone

Quote Originally Posted by chad5059x View Post
    The same thing is happening to me. It stops at booting iphone. It is not an issue of me not holding the two buttons long enough. I suspect it has to do with the updated firmeware. Is there a way around this? Somebody must have an answer. Please help...
    try ibrickr

Quote Originally Posted by eyecatcher View Post
    I'm having the same issue with the 1.0.2 update. I did everything to the T correctly, but after running jailbreak and rebooting the phone (and yes, for the full 25 seconds or what not until it says 'please connect to itunes'), it still says rebooting phone on the command prompt. I'm stuck there until I get fed up with it and cancel the whole ordeal. It will not proceed any further, and I'm thinking that it has to do with the newer software.

Am I correct here?
    no 1.0.2 should have no effect on jailbreaking, i did mine, even with 1.0.1 unpacked, not 1.0.2. try ibrickr

Quote Originally Posted by justdan0227 View Post
    How does this now change for 1.0.2 Update?
    it shouldnt, try ibrickr

I followed the directions and it seems to be stuck at
    Looking for iPhone...

Did I do something wrong?

I had the same issue.

Just close ibrikr and then open it again and it should work fine!

i have windows xp so i cant follow step 3,4,5 so i continued anyways and extracted all the files into phonedmg but then when i type jail break and hold on to it for 25s it stops at sending files and booting iphones for 20 mins does it take that long? nothings happening.

some one help thx

iPhone? More like MyPhone bluenwhitenikes's Avatar
    Thanks

I have 2 problems and hopefully u can help. First is I don't see in Cphonedmg a file named iphoneinterface. It's in the jailbreak but won't show separately. Second when I finally get to step 7 I'm being told that jailbreak is not recognized. Pls help!!!

I tried again and got the past the connect to itunes thing and was told to thank the creator, great but this is where i am stuck now

once that is completed it will give you final message and you are done. Once you have your prompt back (C>) then you can type in:
    iphoneinterface

I cant do anything from here pls help
    Last edited by bluenwhitenikes; 2007-10-05 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Please try using the new ways to jailbreak your phone that are stickied to this board.

so if i do this thing is there any chance of getting locked again!!!! i am in india

thanks

Please try using the new ways to jailbreak your phone that are stickied to this board.
    the only stickied thread here are:

-"Sticky: What would you like to see most made into a guide?"
    -"Sticky: [GUIDE] Jailbreak and AppTapp Installer on 1.1.1"
    -"Sticky: WINDOWS MODDING FAQ"

The second one its on version 1.1.1 (i have 1.0.2) and the third one takes you back to this thread. Which one is the one that you are talking about? i am thinking on running jailbreak over the weekend but should i use this guide to do it or is there another one?? thank you.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast