Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modding your iPhone for Windows 101

Can someone name all the files in phonedmg because i dont think im doing this right

mike

but how do you actually know that mod 101 i now wroking on your phone is there a test?

I am still waiting on help here

im bout to give up on this can someone help its not working can someone name all the files please

also when im done what do i do???
    Last edited by brathamike; 2007-08-06 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Im stuck with the stupid Yellow triangle. i cant figure this out. ive tried multiple ways. and re read the steps multiple times. UGH.

did you go to your task manager and make sure that you end processed the itunes helper.exe? if not do so.

How come everyone on here ask us other questions but never answer the questions that we ask them too?? Task Manager? Thats not what i asked?

omg, here is the biggest question that people need answered.

ALMOST EVERYONE'S PHONE IS GETTING STUCK AT THE "Booting Iphone..." part, it just freezes there. I personally think some phones have something different about them if something is happening like this.

-Phrozt

Edit: Nevermind thought I had a solution, turns out I was wrong.
    Last edited by Bviper; 2007-08-07 at 03:56 AM.

Thanks

i get the same message when i run jailbreak
    'usbmuxlistenercreate: no error'
    and itunes is closed so is itnues helper my phone is recognized in itunes and i have the latest update. all the files r in phonedmg they've been extracted what could the problem be?

Quote Originally Posted by brathamike View Post
    How come everyone on here ask us other questions but never answer the questions that we ask them too?? Task Manager? Thats not what i asked?
    because most questions are vague, and have multiple problems with multiple solutions. Since were not sitting in front of the computer with you and we dont know which steps you took to begin with, we need to know more information. If you came out and told us every step that you did and for how long you did it perhaps quick answers could be applied, but no one ever does. they just say, 'my thing is broken' or 'its stuck' or 'im stuck here' with no explination of how they got there or what they tried to fix it. and that fact that you reply to him like that, is rather rude. Not only did he 'answer' your question by saying "if not do so" but his post was describing a problem that is common that people miss. which is closing itunes helper, which can cause your problem. hence the question.

Quote Originally Posted by phrozt View Post
    omg, here is the biggest question that people need answered.

ALMOST EVERYONE'S PHONE IS GETTING STUCK AT THE "Booting Iphone..." part, it just freezes there. I personally think some phones have something different about them if something is happening like this.

-Phrozt
    have you tried holding down the power and home until the cmd window moves again?

Quote Originally Posted by Userno9583 View Post
    i get the same message when i run jailbreak
    'usbmuxlistenercreate: no error'
    and itunes is closed so is itnues helper my phone is recognized in itunes and i have the latest update. all the files r in phonedmg they've been extracted what could the problem be?

I dont know what your error could be, you may want to try to restart and try again. if you could post your cmd window up and your phonedmg directory if possible.
    Last edited by arthursdomain; 2007-08-07 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hi

I finally got this going and your not going to believe why it wasnt working...lol

I never turned off the phone to show the icons...when i sent that post a few days ago i thought
    that when u install the icons it will automatically show up...wow was i wrong..I just reset my phone or turned my phone off and turned it back on and look and what i see a new icon..lol ... i must of jumped up and down and realize wow this is working ... So now im going to redo everything..i had deleted the file and now im going to put the file back..

Is there a way to put the original icons back on iphone? I had screwed up and i dont see a post were i can put the ipone icons back to how it was..Can someone help me on this please

thanks
    mike

Hi also i would like to add a background on the home page ...

can you also give me a link so i can add a background picture please..i am finally getting this wooooooooohoooooooooooo

mike
    Last edited by brathamike; 2007-08-09 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hey i have been trying to get this to work but no luck. I open the cmd and type in cd\phonedmg and it takes me to the next part where it says to hold the power buttons and that works fine but when it says sending files and booting iphone it stops. it doesn't freeze my computer or anything it just wont go to the next step dont matter how long i wait.

Some help please???

Quote Originally Posted by brathamike View Post
    Hi

I finally got this going and your not going to believe why it wasnt working...lol

I never turned off the phone to show the icons...when i sent that post a few days ago i thought
    that when u install the icons it will automatically show up...wow was i wrong..I just reset my phone or turned my phone off and turned it back on and look and what i see a new icon..lol ... i must of jumped up and down and realize wow this is working ... So now im going to redo everything..i had deleted the file and now im going to put the file back..

Is there a way to put the original icons back on iphone? I had screwed up and i dont see a post were i can put the ipone icons back to how it was..Can someone help me on this please

thanks
    mike

Hi also i would like to add a background on the home page ...

can you also give me a link so i can add a background picture please..i am finally getting this wooooooooohoooooooooooo

mike
    Modding your iphone for windows 103, and there are a lot of themes in the downloads section.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsadam151 View Post
    hey i have been trying to get this to work but no luck. I open the cmd and type in cd\phonedmg and it takes me to the next part where it says to hold the power buttons and that works fine but when it says sending files and booting iphone it stops. it doesn't freeze my computer or anything it just wont go to the next step dont matter how long i wait.

Some help please???

hold down the power+home longer
    two lines will pop up in dos, it will say
    sending files
    rebooting phone (or something like that) keep holding it down, a third line will appear shortly after)

hi are the original icons for for iPhone in the download area also?
    because I don't see them.

Can u point me in the right are please?
    I would like to back up my iphone icons before
    I go on and I don't see this in the download section..

Thanks
    mike

Let me ask a blunt question to you guys.

I have an iphone that I acquired in a not so peachy circumstance.

I was involved in a bar fight, some guy that grabbed my boys girlfriends butt. Anyhow, after the fight, I picked up his phone from the floor and walked out. It has a passcode that my nephew tried to crack, but of course failed. It is now locked and tells me to connect to itunes. When I do it says I need the passcode. I've tried to use iactivator and jailbreak and what not, no luck. I always end up with a pairing issue. Is it just a brick now? If so that's fine I just need someone smarter than me to tell me so, lol.

I obviously have no intentions of returning it to that scumbag, so its either garbage time or I unlock it. Any ideas?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Can't fix it. Sell it to me. I'll give you $20.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Nah, it's definitely garbage time then. I'm prolly gonna play a prank on a friend with it, and smash it on the floor and make him think it was his.

Default i need help bad
    hey im completly stuck on moding my phone i got everything that i need but i dont know where to put phonedmg and how to make cd commands work it wont find my phonedmg in the C can you help me PLEASE!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by mayan_warrior84 View Post
    hey im completly stuck on moding my phone i got everything that i need but i dont know where to put phonedmg and how to make cd commands work it wont find my phonedmg in the C can you help me PLEASE!?!?!?!?!
    im not sure i can explain it or show it better than the step by step above and the pictures included.

you create the phonedmg anywhere you want honestly, in this guide i placed it in the C: drive if you double click on my computer and double click on the C drive thats where i put it. the command line stuff, well. if you follow the step by step, thats what i would put here. its just a sequence and just type and press what it says, and in the right order and you should have no problems. if you get stuck on a SPECIFIC area of the guide, repost and we can try to help, but you need to give it a go first.

i got stuck at "sending more files..." and it hasn't done nothing. im running vista home premium and the iphone is in "please connect to itunes" state. I dont get a "booting iphone..." prompt. What am i doing wrong?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Try it one more time.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast