Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modding your iPhone for Windows 101

Quote Originally Posted by bdiddy619 View Post
    i ot all the way through the process and am getting stuck with the jailbreak. it says this
    cd\phonedmg
    cd\phonedmg>jailbreak is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

what do i do? im so close!
    did you unzip the jailbreak.zip contents into the phonedmg? read post directly above your original post.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is that the file that looks like three stacked books? lol
    Last edited by bdiddy619; 2007-07-31 at 01:03 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i did now it looks like this now.

cphonedmg\jailbreak>
    now what do i do. i tried the holding of the two buttons but it does nothing

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

haha. You have to hold it longer then.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

i did now it looks like this now.

cphonedmg\jailbreak>
    now what do i do. i tried the holding of the two buttons but it does nothing
    plug in your phone first

cphonedmg\jailbreak>
    that is incorrect, it should look like
    cphonedmg\jailbreak.exe

cphonedmg\jailbreak> means that you have a folder within phonedmg called jailbreak, you want the contents of that folder within the phonedmg folder. so your line of command would be something like
    type this:
    ccd phonedmg
    to get this:
    cphonedmg>
    then type jailbreak to get this:
    cphonedmg>jailbreak

not like this:
    cphonedmg\jailbreak>jailbreak

i STILL can't get passed #3 of part 7! could someone PLEASE walk me through it STEP by STEP cause im to stupid to understand whats going on. "phonedmg is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" keeps popping up after the hundreth time i tried! can someone take a snapshot or post it on youtube lol im just to dumb!

has anyone had problems with iTunes recognizing the iphone after using jailbreak??

Quote Originally Posted by ugo2007 View Post
    i STILL can't get passed #3 of part 7! could someone PLEASE walk me through it STEP by STEP cause im to stupid to understand whats going on. "phonedmg is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" keeps popping up after the hundreth time i tried! can someone take a snapshot or post it on youtube lol im just to dumb!
    phonedmg is a folder, not a command. Also step three should be done in windows, like the pictures. Go to my computer in windows, it should be on your desktop or in your start->on the right side, by my documents. Then that should get you on your way.

Quote Originally Posted by clever_name View Post
    has anyone had problems with iTunes recognizing the iphone after using jailbreak??
    nope
    Last edited by arthursdomain; 2007-08-02 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

can i do teh same for windows vista

Can somebody make another sticky for what to do in addition to the original modding instruction after the 1.0.1 update?

Thanks

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by hoits2000 View Post
    Can somebody make another sticky for what to do in addition to the original modding instruction after the 1.0.1 update?

Thanks

Eric
    Yes, I would like to know also, because I tried this and it got stuck at the booting part

Quote Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
    Yes, I would like to know also, because I tried this and it got stuck at the booting part
    There is no 'additional' modding needed, after the 1.0.1 update, if you 'restored' your phone and then 'updated' the phone it should be a clean fresh out of the box phone once again.

You would then need to jailbreak it all over again, and iphoneinterface or manzana it. That would be Modding for Windows 101.

There is nothing new that needs to be done , due to this update.

Vista should not be a problem.

after i put phonedmg>jailbreak it says "access is denied" what did i do wrong?

ok i did everything and at the end it tell me "your going to learn to have to hold it longer than that, buddy!" and i did i held it for 35 seconds... how long should i hold it for?... some one help please...

Okay.

I've followed instructions (including the suggested fix where I go through "restore, unplug, download, rename, etc"). And, yet, it stops at Booting iPhone....
    Am I the only one here that could pass this even after trying everything that's been suggested? Is there anything else I could do?
    One more thing, I just noticed Jailbreak is using like 98% of CPU while being stuck at this Booting iPhone stage.
    Last edited by GoldenTequila; 2007-08-04 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ugo2007 View Post
    after i put phonedmg>jailbreak it says "access is denied" what did i do wrong?
    sounds like the permissions on jailbreak.exe is not right, right click on jailbreak.exe go to security and check to see if you have permissions to run it. if you are in a network type environment you may be not allowed to run any old programs, also might be a zonealarm problem, check that also if you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by luay View Post
    ok i did everything and at the end it tell me "your going to learn to have to hold it longer than that, buddy!" and i did i held it for 35 seconds... how long should i hold it for?... some one help please...
    hold it and watch the command window, when you see it start to do stuff after it tells you to hold the buttons down, you can let go. that means it took over.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTequila View Post
    Okay.

I've followed instructions (including the suggested fix where I go through "restore, unplug, download, rename, etc"). And, yet, it stops at Booting iPhone....
    Am I the only one here that could pass this even after trying everything that's been suggested? Is there anything else I could do?
    One more thing, I just noticed Jailbreak is using like 98% of CPU while being stuck at this Booting iPhone stage.
    never checked my cpu usage on jailbreak , but, you may try holding the power and home button longer.

hello is there a way to test this to see if its working?

mike

Quote Originally Posted by brathamike View Post
    hello is there a way to test this to see if its working?

mike
    if you want to see what it looks like before you throw it on to your phone. use this here

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast