Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: any way to back up phonebook

Default any way to back up phonebook
    some how in scp i was playing around, restarted phone , then noticed all my contacts were erased!! is there any way to backup the file for the address book? and then reupload it if this were to happen again, this is the 3rd time this has happend..and its killing me havin to enter well over 400 numbers in my phone !!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

it is automagically backed up every time you sync with iTunes. To get it back, just restore or upgrade and when it asks you to activate set it up as a copy of your old phone, not as a new iPhone. Saves wallpaper, contacts, calendar events, recent calls, etc

Pretty much the inky thing it doesn't save is your youtube favorites

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    it is automagically backed up every time you sync with iTunes. To get it back, just restore or upgrade and when it asks you to activate set it up as a copy of your old phone, not as a new iPhone. Saves wallpaper, contacts, calendar events, recent calls, etc

Pretty much the inky thing it doesn't save is your youtube favorites
    right...but if i restore/upgrade it puts 1.1.1 and i will be locked out of jailbreak....correct?

by using ssh i just made a copy of my /var/root/library/addressbook folder which includes all numbers and images attached to those numbers and then when i restore i just replace that folder (ssh again) with the one i backed up and voila..all your numbers are saved..and yes if you jailbreak your phone your backup will not be restored via itunes in my experience.

awesome, thanks!!