Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BSD_Base-2.0.tar.tar & BSD_Extra-2.1.tar.tar

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default BSD_Base-2.0.tar.tar & BSD_Extra-2.1.tar.tar
    I am working my way through the steps to mod my phone, and I am stuck at part III, trying to get BSD installed.

I download the BSD_Base-2.0.tar.tar and BSD_Extra-2.1.tar.tar files, but I am unable to open/extract them. I get an error message saying "Error reading header after processing 0 entries." So, I'm not sure if the two tar files are corrupted or what. I have deleted them and re-downloaded them with the same results.

Am I doing something wrong, or are the files corrupted? Appreciate any help.

Thanks

thats weird, ive uploaded the two files to my box.net account. try using them instead, i think you might be having a problem with .tar and windows. so ive just zipped them for you instead

BSD Base
    BSD Extra

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    I am working my way through the steps to mod my phone, and I am stuck at part III, trying to get BSD installed.

I download the BSD_Base-2.0.tar.tar and BSD_Extra-2.1.tar.tar files, but I am unable to open/extract them. I get an error message saying "Error reading header after processing 0 entries." So, I'm not sure if the two tar files are corrupted or what. I have deleted them and re-downloaded them with the same results.

Am I doing something wrong, or are the files corrupted? Appreciate any help.
    Um.. do your files actually say .tar.tar? That could be the reason right there.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks! The zipped files you created work just fine. And, yes, the others are listed with the end being .tar.tar. I tried renaming them eliminating the last ".tar" but it didn't change the file. I suspect that the problem is either due to running Vista, or to using WinZip. However, I have never had that problem before with any files.

Now if I can just ssh into my iPhone.... having problems with that now.

Thanks

what kind of problems installing ssh? just use apptap to install ssh, its called openssh under the system category