Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Out of jail now what?

Default Out of jail now what?
    Yahoo I just jailbroke my iphone. It was very easy. I see smbprefs and installer icons now and even changed the main screen wall paper. I went to installer and picked a few programs and installed them. They installed but I cant find them.
    How do I start downloading all the apps and start using them? Are there apps any of you are to not live without? I am using windows vista. Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kndhadley View Post
    Yahoo I just jailbroke my iphone. It was very easy. I see smbprefs and installer icons now and even changed the main screen wall paper. I went to installer and picked a few programs and installed them. They installed but I cant find them.
    How do I start downloading all the apps and start using them? Are there apps any of you are to not live without? I am using windows vista. Thanks.
    You need to download and install AppTapp. Then you're on your way.

EDIT: Oops, didn't read clearly. Install a Launcher and see if the show up off the Springboard.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-10-17 at 05:08 PM.

if you installed them they should be there. try rebooting your phone.
    I can't wait until the day after yesterday's tomorrow.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Some apps will remain hidden and will go to a destinated file, if the file you download is use for "customized" "iflashcards" "ebooks" "Themes for SB" or "WeDict"
    all others will show on your springboard. Learned that the hardway too when i got my iphone lol. did the install and uninstall to find out where will they go..

GUIDE TO UNLOCK ON A MAC A NEW 1.1.1 IPHONE NEVER UNLOCKED WITH ANYSIM 1.1.1

This is what I did. I unlocked two phones and both work perfectly well (calls in and out, text messages, voicemail, wifi, even youtube. Follow this guide if you have an unlocked 1.1.1 out of the box new IPHONE
    1.After the whole independence 1.2.3 process finish (please follow meticulously the steps that appears in the help menu of the software
    2. Connect the iphone and open ssh with independence 1.2.3 (don´t forget to close Itunes)
    3. get connected to ssh and then open the customize label.
    4. Once there go to applications---user----add and there type your iphone ip address (check it out in your Iphone settings---wifi--press blue arrow on the right a write the ip number) and the password: alpine.
    5. Drop there the ANYSIM unzipped file. An icon with the image of ANYSIN will appear on the iphone. In it go to settings--- general and switch the auto unlock to never
    6. Put your non at&t sim (maybe it works with the at&t sim card that comes inside the phone but as ANYSIM says I used an non at&t sim) inside and turn off the phone
    7. Reboot.
    8. Press the Anysim button an install the software.
    9. After about 10 minutes a sign telling that your phone is unlocked appears
    I tried both iphones with sims that belong to 2 different carriers.
    10. If you want that the anysim icon dessapear from the screen of your phone do this
    a) Connect the iphone and open ssh with independence 1.2.3 (don´t forget to close Itunes)
    b) get connected to ssh and then open the customize label.
    c) Once there go to applications---user----remove and there type your iphone ip address (check it out in your Iphone settings---wifi--press blue arrow on the right a write the ip number) and the password: alpine.
    d) press enter and the icon will be removed
    I assure you that If you are MAC and have an 1.1.1 unlocked phone it´s the easiest way to unlock it. But please be patient with independence 1.2.3.... if you follows all the steps it wil work....Try this method....hope it works for you too