Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] Install Customize on 1.1.4 (Windows)

no need for any of this crap just add this as a source: http://iappcat.com/r/2840
    and install customize 1.1.4 from all packages

WORKS FLAWLESSLY!!!

Is there any possibility to move apps back where they've been?!
    My iPhone is completely messed up because of this!

where can you download customize 2 beta?

Quote Originally Posted by nirav464 View Post
    no need for any of this crap just add this as a source: http://iappcat.com/r/2840

WORKS FLAWLESSLY!!!
    Did not work for me.

Okay, it worked finally, but the problem is, that the packs I download, etc. are not available to change in customize.
    What can I do about that?!
    Last edited by jiZzLe; 2008-04-20 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

why not get familiar with the springboard.strings file itself and stop being lazy with customize.

if your going to go through the hassle of uploading pics to your phone via ssh then you may aswell just edit the .png and springboard.strings.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bazookafx3 View Post
    Thanks! i was gettin frustrated with customize 2.0!
    Your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by jiZzLe View Post
    After doing this Installer doesn't work anymore.
    It loads like forever and I can't move to any section.

i got this to work, but now seriously installer is completely laggy!!!
    and when i download themes for customize they're not there!!

where do they download!?
    This does not modify or change anything with installer. If installer is laggy then that is an issue with that not customize. All you are doing here is putting a folder into the /Applications folder and then setting its permissions correctly.

Nothing to do with installer.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmtrig View Post
    Ok so I have it all installed and the SpringBoard Strings work fine. My question is, when I go into my phone via SSH and go to the Customize Folder, I don't see where to put the images I want to use such as:

1. Carrier Image
    2. WiFi Image
    3. Bluetooth Icon
    4. Call Keypad
    5. In-Call Bar
    6. Volume Knob
    7. System Sounds
    etc
    etc
    etc

Sorry, but I am new to this whole iPhone thing. I just left the 8925 Tilt for this device. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    /private/var/root/library/customize
    put your images inside of this folder. Attached is a screenshot of the folder.
    Within each image folder there will be a backup folder with the original image. You can either make a new folder in the same directory of the backup folder or you can just throw everything into the backup folder.

I find it easier just to put it all into the backup folder. You just dont get the dividers, it works just as well though

Quote Originally Posted by nirav464 View Post

WORKS FLAWLESSLY!!!
    Please leave your opinions to yourself, If you do not like this method then that is your choice. Too many people have issues after installing it via installer, usually not everything works.

Is there any possibility to move apps back where they've been?!
    My iPhone is completely messed up because of this!
    What are you talking about. Im a bit confused? What did you do to your phone? All this did was add the customize folder into the /Applications folder and then set its permissions correctly. Nowhere do you move the apps folder.

I think you have issues besides customize, you might just do a restore.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop1977 View Post
    where can you download customize 2 beta?
    customizeapp.com

you have to register to get the link. You have to give them your serial number though, a little sketchy if ya ask me. they now have it on their repository, so you will do it via installer once you get the link.

Did not work for me.

Okay, it worked finally, but the problem is, that the packs I download, etc. are not available to change in customize.
    What can I do about that?!
    The downloaded packs dont usually download it to the proper location. You can manually put them into the
    /private/var/root/library/customize
    then you should be all set

Sorry it took a few days to get through all this, been busy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -customize-folder.jpg  
    Last edited by kcisjojo; 2008-04-21 at 03:11 AM.
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Junon View Post
    For some reason, it hasn't shown up. I have deleted, and re-installed customize, and ran both commands as well.

Am I missing something? I tried manually adding the folder, but the images seemed to be out of order.
    after looking at it i think your issue is i had a typo. /private/var/root/library/customize is the correct location, i had left an "o" out.

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    why not get familiar with the springboard.strings file itself and stop being lazy with customize.

if your going to go through the hassle of uploading pics to your phone via ssh then you may aswell just edit the .png and springboard.strings.
    One reason I use customize, is not because I am lazy, but I can change the images on the go. Doing it by replacing images via ssh means I cant change any image without having my computer with me. While via customize I can change any time
    Last edited by kcisjojo; 2008-04-20 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

Thanks

Thanks!

Thanks

youre welcome, glad it worked for you

Worked perfectly on both my iPhones. I'm now able to add my own images in to replace the lousy ones available for download.... plus the wifey can now get off my back about her custom theme.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bad2049 View Post
    Worked perfectly on both my iPhones. I'm now able to add my own images in to replace the lousy ones available for download.... plus the wifey can now get off my back about her custom theme.
    your welcome

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kcisjojo For This Useful Post:

Smallz (2008-04-24)

I keep having a problem with the option for changing the battery icon not showing up at all in the customize on my ipod. All the other options are showing up just not the one to change the battery. Have any ideas on whats going?

For me changing of the carrier image just doesn't work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smallz View Post
    I keep having a problem with the option for changing the battery icon not showing up at all in the customize on my ipod. All the other options are showing up just not the one to change the battery. Have any ideas on whats going?
    which version of customize are you using? and which battery icon are you trying to change? the recharging battery icon or the on at the top right that is green?

For me changing of the carrier image just doesn't work.
    which version of customize are you using? This version doesnt support the custom carrier logo.

/system/Library/carrier bundles and then just put the 2 files FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png and Default_CARRIER_ATT.png (if your on att for example) into the folder which they belong.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kcisjojo For This Useful Post:

Smallz (2008-04-24)

I am using version 1.21 and it is the recharging battery that isn't showing up on the customize menu when i open up customize on my ipod. Its like it doesn't exist. Oh and my ipod is 1.1.4

Thanks

I am using version 1.21 and it is the recharging battery that isn't showing up on the customize menu when i open up customize on my ipod. Its like it doesn't exist. Oh and my ipod is 1.1.4
    ssh the files into your phone. It goes into

/private/var/root/library/customize/batteryImages/
    Then put all the pictures into a folder and put the whole folder into this location.

This link has a charging battery image set i like alot. Its on my post and called liquid.rar.

Remember you have to respring or reboot your phone for the images to take effect. If you just go back to the lockscreen it wont work.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10226

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kcisjojo For This Useful Post:

Smallz (2008-04-24)

Ok I tried that and after when I went on my ipod (just the ipod not ssh) to switch the battery recharge image there was still no option in customize to even customize the battery recharge icon. I cant even choose the original battery because there is no option for battery recharge icon on the list of icons you can change(like when it lists carrier image, wifi image, bars image ect. there isnt one for battery image). Also I want ot tank you for taking your time to help me.
    Last edited by Smallz; 2008-04-23 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks

Ok I tried that and after when I went on my ipod (just the ipod not ssh) to switch the battery recharge image there was still no option in customize to even customize the battery recharge icon. I cant even choose the original battery because there is no option for battery recharge icon on the list of icons you can change(like when it lists carrier image, wifi image, bars image ect. there isnt one for battery image). Also I want ot tank you for taking your time to help me.
    So, your phone is being a pain eh?

Lets see if we can manually do this. Download the liquid.rar file i posted a couple posts back in this thread. The file names are all correct, so you just have to copy and paste the new images in.

SSH into your phone.

Go to directory, /System/Library/Core Services/Springboard.app

Copy BatteryBG_1.png through BatteryBG_17.png to your computer as a backup of the original images.

now replace BatteryBG_1.png through BatteryBG_17.png with your images (or the ones from liquid.rar file, you have to extract them first)

After that restart your phone and plug it in to see if the changes have taken place.

This is the location that the iPhone actually accesses the battery charging image. So this will work.

-Casey
    Last edited by kcisjojo; 2008-04-24 at 03:22 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to kcisjojo For This Useful Post:

Smallz (2008-04-24)

Well this is kinda blurry but it shows what I'm talking about when I say the battery option isn't showing up. As you can see in the picture, the option to change battery icon isn't even there.

Thanks

Well this is kinda blurry but it shows what I'm talking about when I say the battery option isn't showing up. As you can see in the picture, the option to change battery icon isn't even there.
    As I said in my previous post, ssh into your phone and put it into the actual directory that is accessed. That will make it work.

This is bypassing customize altogether.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast