Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize for 1.1.1 problem

Default Customize for 1.1.1 problem
    I just installed the latest version of customize through installer.

However, it will not rearrange icons on the second page of the springboard? Anyone else having this issue?

Is there a way to manually edit plist for the 2nd page? If so, where is the file located?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

i restarted my phone and it works fine now

I'm having a similiar problem. It removed the icon from my iPod and now it will not show up in my dock. When I view rSBT through customize, it shows a blank icon for iPod, and makes the ipod show up at the bottom of my springboard. No matter what I do, I can not get it in the dock. Any suggestions?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

change the settings in rsbt

same prob here, if i mess with it rsbt at all, ipod icon disapears

i had the same problem. what i had to do was uninstall summerboard from installer and reinstall.
    The ipod icon reappeared and its back to normal.
    Hopefully this helps.

change your springboard icon capacity in the customize settings from 12 to 16.

second page of springboard not arranging icons is a known problem with customize and 1.1.1. Hopefully it will be addressed in a future release.

Default all icons gone, looks like ipod touch now!
    Hi all,

I have 1.1.1 unlocked, and installed CUSTOMIZE. i played around the rsbt, and finally decided to revert, and click on revert to backup. Once i did that, the settings show 0 number of docked icons, and 0 in springboard. I tried to change and saved but it didn't work. so i restarted my iphone, once it's restarted, all icons are gone and the top left corner says "IPOD". although i can still receive call.

I tried to double click home button and it leads me to phone favourites. i then clicked on the 'prefs:' and it leads me to setting page. but the setting page has changed, all call/email/aeroplane setting are gone, it looks like an ipod touch now.

Can someone please help me.

Thanks in advance.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to S15R For This Useful Post:

amurochar (2007-11-06)

Restore bud. The easiest solution.

Reako

Default root password changed
    Hi,

But i did change the root password earlier, and now can't ssh again. Is this going to cause any problem when i try to restore?

no that will not cause a problem, but if you have summerboard installed, try uninstalling that, then see what happens. You may have the wrong version or a corrupted summerboard file.

Quote Originally Posted by S15R View Post
    Hi,

But i did change the root password earlier, and now can't ssh again. Is this going to cause any problem when i try to restore?

If you can get you ssh working maybe with the original PW try replacing the icon list order file with a fresh one. If you didn't back it up and have one avaible on your computer, they have the originals here for downloading.
    The order is stored in: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/M68AP.plist

hope you don't have to restore, I don't think thats needed, unless you cant get into the files via ssh. Did you turn off ssh before you lost your icons, or is the password the problem? If the password is the problem, I belive there are two accounts you can log into. One being "root" and the other maybe is "user" or something like that. I came across it before, but I always loggin using "root"

Good luck

-ezb

For the original poster, editting the M68AP.plist file in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app is also how to manually reorder all of the icons.

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    For the original poster, editting the M68AP.plist file in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app is also how to manually reorder all of the icons.
    what would you edit to change around the icons? like what would you type differently