Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Connection Refused

Default Connection Refused
    Okay I've read all the threads, checked Google over and over again. I've restored my iPhone back and forth from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 so many times that I think the 2 might just merge at some point and create a new firmware.

No matter what I do, how many instructions I follow, I CAN'T SSH into my iPhone after a successful CONFIRMED jailbreak of 1.1.1. I keep getting "Connection Refused"

And yes I've tried resetting stuff with winscp AND using putty. Still NO GO.... PLEASE HELP!!! I'm going CRAZY!!!

im having the same problem cant get into cyberduck and cant install anything through installer im doing a restore right now

I had similar problems with this initally, all i can say is stop downgrading :P if you successfully jailbreak your phone, then start working on why ssh isnt working.
    this is the guide i followed:
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dev..._1.1.1_Windows

and yes I to failed on the first attempt or the first set of instructions, i did
    this,
    I manually transfered these two files
    /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.update.plist
    /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/au.asn.ucc.matt.dropbear.plist

over before restarting and testing my ssh, and it worked.

make sure your rebooting fully before testing the ssh. good luck. keep trying though if not start from the begining of the ssh tutorial and try through again.
    make sure your putting the files on and your getting a fileref 1

Thanks but I think it's too late...I've already run my iPhone over a few times with my car...

Seriously though, it doesn't make any sense, I might take it over to a friends house tomorrow and try it on their Mac....I need a mac... :-(

NERVERMIND!!!! I FIGURED IT OUT!!! For anyone who can't get it to work...my problem was that I had used the same folder with the .bat file over and over so it was trying to reuse old files or something like that. Either way, redownloading the folders fresh did the trick...I think...I don't care.... IT WORKS!!!
    Last edited by compboss17; 2007-10-14 at 10:23 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm having the same problems and I've tried everything from looking on google to downgrading and trying everything again and trying the ssh step tons of times but everything time I try to login to WinSCP it gives me the "Connection Refused" message and I don't know what to do? is there a new file that I need to download? Any help is greatly appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Try replacing iphoneinterface.exe thats included with the ssh kit with the new version included in the latest iBrickr release.

Did the trick for me.

Also don't forget to copy over

if you need to

Quote Originally Posted by rotaryheadrx7 View Post
    Try replacing iphoneinterface.exe thats included with the ssh kit with the new version included in the latest iBrickr release.

Did the trick for me.

Also don't forget to copy over

if you need to

im not sure but i think that is what worked for me too

Hiya folks.. having a lil different issue. After a dozen or so attempts i was able to finally get into my phone with WinSCP. I was doing the copy of BSD BASE and i think i scewred up there. I said yes to all overwrite and it seemed to copy but did give some kind of errror at the end. Now i cant seem to view ANY of the file structure on the phone via WinSCP. I connect to the phone just fine but dont seem to have access to files now. When i hit "more" in the copy screen i think i checked the permissions button and left the default string in that box.. could that have screwed with total permissions? Is there a way to fix this or will i have to go back to 1.0.2 then rejailbreak 1.1.1? Thanks for ANY help.. im trying not toi have to restore again...