Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Running Commands on 1.1.4 iPhone

Default Running Commands on 1.1.4 iPhone
    Shortly after it was released, I upgraded my iPhone's firmware to 1.1.4 using Ziphone with little issue. Since then I have been unable to remain logged into websites - Facebook, for example. Every other click or so I'm forced to re-authenticate.

Today I read about a method to remedy that issue - Install OpenSSH on my phone, connect to it via putty (I am running Vista), and run a command to change the permissions of a directory.

The problem I'm running into, however, is that I am unable to use term-vt100 or putty to connect to run commands on my iPhone. I can connect to the phone just fine, but when I enter "root" and "dottie", I recieve the error, "Access denied".

Until today I had never had any of these tools installed, and never knowingly edited or set up any password on the phone. I don't know if Ziphone changes the password or not, but I'm at a loss.

All the options I've found to reset the password require you to connect and copy files to the phone. Problem is, I don't know how to do that, exactly. I was under the impression that SSH would allow me to do that, but if I can't get in, well, that avenue isn't exactly open to me.

If anyone has any ideas as to what the password might be, or a way that I can manually change it given the constraints I face, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
    - Pat

I was under the impression the default password was alpine. Make sure there's no firewall interference from your router or anything as well. Additionally, there are programs to connect to the phone through USB instead of Wifi(SSH). I don't recall specific names but perhaps someone else can point you in an appropriate direction.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alex1015 For This Useful Post:

Adian (2008-04-05)

Actually, alpine got me in. Everything seems to be taken care of now, I guess the guides I was reading through were out of date or...something.

Thanks a lot. =)