Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cant ssh

Default cant ssh
    i was able to jailbreak my phone [running 1.1.1.] and the SSH install went smoothly but when i tried to install the BSD the SSH connection got refused. i went back and tried to reinstall it but still nothing. im also getting the 300mb capacity problem in itunes. any one else getting this SSH problem?

Green Apple
    Thanks

This was the exact problem I had, and still waiting on a fix. Though I think in the process I re-restored mine and now I have a non-jailbroke, non-SSHable, v1.1.1 phone that I cant downgrade.

Still Waiting...
    iPhone, uPhone we all phone for iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxonortesus View Post
    This was the exact problem I had, and still waiting on a fix. Though I think in the process I re-restored mine and now I have a non-jailbroke, non-SSHable, v1.1.1 phone that I cant downgrade.

Still Waiting...
    ive re-restored mine like 7 times already and gone through the whole process again again all those times. no matter what i do or how much i try i always end up with the same problem >=/. my eyes hurt from being on the computer for so long

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

What error are you getting

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by renegaderon View Post
    What error are you getting
    I was getting a network connection refused error, as if SSH want working properly on the phone. But now that I am on 1.1.1 and can't get back to 1.0.2, I think I am SOL until something more concrete comes along. Im not trying to threadjack, but it sounds like the OP and I are having the same issues.

Thanks

I had same problem
    Start WinSCP and go to tools, cleanup, check all boxes then click ok and try to connect.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Still got nothin...I think it is because I re-restored the phone, so in effect, I am un-jailbroken. I even went through the process of installing SSH again and it kept giving me 'fileput 0' Thanks anyway though man!

I had same problem
    Start WinSCP and go to tools, cleanup, check all boxes then click ok and try to connect.
    hey thanks ill go try that right now once i re-jailbreak my phone. ill let you know what happens

Quote Originally Posted by zaxonortesus View Post
    I was getting a network connection refused error, as if SSH want working properly on the phone. But now that I am on 1.1.1 and can't get back to 1.0.2, I think I am SOL until something more concrete comes along. Im not trying to threadjack, but it sounds like the OP and I are having the same issues.
    run nate trues new version of iBrickr 0.91. itll help you downgrade back to 1.0.2
    Last edited by xc00lxkidx; 2007-10-13 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

ok ill try and shed some light. i had the same problem with connecting so i did this to get it to work.

download this file - http://devices.natetrue.com/iphone/sshkit.zip and then extract it

and then put iphoneinterface from the newest iBrickr in the sshkit folder

http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip

then run sshify-windows.bat, at the last step i got the one file that showed a '0' so i did this (before restarting my phone for the last time)

Run iphoneinterface.exe and enter the following command:

putfile /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.update.plist
    Hopefully the result looks something like this:

then i Started WinSCP and go to tools, cleanup, check all boxes then click ok and try to connect. and it went through with no more problems

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .:MirrorminD:. For This Useful Post:

bigvaderb (2008-02-14), rotaryheadrx7 (2007-10-15)

geez dude thanks a million! ive been trying to get this damn thing to work all day.
    thanks again!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Carlos's Avatar
    Thanks

can someone help me ive done this whole thing 9 times so far...i did the jailbreak for 111....then i went through all the ssh steps but i use dottie and alpine to try to login to winscp and i cant get in at all ive been working on this phone since this morning

I get Network error: Connection refused

has anyone got there's up and working with 1.1.1

someone please help

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    can someone help me ive done this whole thing 9 times so far...i did the jailbreak for 111....then i went through all the ssh steps but i use dottie and alpine to try to login to winscp and i cant get in at all ive been working on this phone since this morning

I get Network error: Connection refused

has anyone got there's up and working with 1.1.1

someone please help

[email protected]
    if you go on yahoo messenger ill help you

have the same problem. Have done this about 100 times. Working on this about 26 hours now with no luck! Can u help me?

Quote Originally Posted by ticalo View Post
    have the same problem. Have done this about 100 times. Working on this about 26 hours now with no luck! Can u help me?
    sure ill help. im waiting for some help myself [problems that ull probably get later aswell] but ill help you while i wait. i prefer to help via msn messenger or aim sor heres my info if you want

msn messenger: [email protected]
    aim: xc00lxkidx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to xc00lxkidx For This Useful Post:

ticalo (2007-10-14)

im in the same boat as u all... my head hurts from this..

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had same problem
    First off I want to thank you for even bothering to help us. Now I think i'm making a fool of myself when I ask this but when I start WinSCP there isn't a "tools" section to go to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crizzle09 View Post
    First off I want to thank you for even bothering to help us. Now I think i'm making a fool of myself when I ask this but when I start WinSCP there isn't a "tools" section to go to.
    The tools button is right above the close button on the lower right side of the login window that comes up when you first start WinSCP

im having the same problem i think there is something missing in the guide or maby more detail/pictures i tryed cleaning up winscp but still nothing i have acces through iphonebrowser is there a guide to install bsd through iphonebrower anywhere

edit: got winscp working although i dont know what i did becase i re.did and undid a few things and then redid somemore lol
    Last edited by robbpell; 2007-10-15 at 12:05 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had the same problem and .:MirrorminD:. method solved it. I had already uploaded the missing file but always got connection refused.

When I replaced the iphoneinterface.exe with the one included in the newest version of iBrickr and ran it again, it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
    ok ill try and shed some light. i had the same problem with connecting so i did this to get it to work.

download this file - http://devices.natetrue.com/iphone/sshkit.zip and then extract it

and then put iphoneinterface from the newest iBrickr in the sshkit folder

http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip

then run sshify-windows.bat, at the last step i got the one file that showed a '0' so i did this (before restarting my phone for the last time)

Run iphoneinterface.exe and enter the following command:

putfile /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.update.plist
    Hopefully the result looks something like this:

then i Started WinSCP and go to tools, cleanup, check all boxes then click ok and try to connect. and it went through with no more problems
    No luck for me - when I run sshify I always get all Zero's. Any suggestions?

iphoneinterface also reports a Zero.
    Last edited by svtvagabond; 2007-10-17 at 03:44 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to svtvagabond For This Useful Post:

bigvaderb (2008-02-14)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast