Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IOS 8 Location warning

Default IOS 8 Location warning
    Is there any way to turn this off? Its the most annoying feature ever!

Randomly it will keep popping up for my mapping software, even after I allowed it, it will pop up again and again!

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

The only way to turn this off is to disable location services all together. I think it's a great feature, however as I like location services in some apps but not in others, so disabling isn't an option. The only other solution is to do like android does and just list all the permissions on a separate page you don't even look at when installing apps and you never actually know what and when an app is doing something.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Default IOS 8 Location warning
    Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    The only way to turn this off is to disable location services all together. I think it's a great feature, however as I like location services in some apps but not in others, so disabling isn't an option. The only other solution is to do like android does and just list all the permissions on a separate page you don't even look at when installing apps and you never actually know what and when an app is doing something.
    Ok, But if I disable location for my maps app it would be useless, as with similar apps. I think there should be a way to say "yes permit" once and then the warning never show again. In the last week it has randomly shown up 4 times for the same Map App

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

That sounds like a glitch. Perhaps you have a tweak that messes with your location setting? See if you have any location tweaks. If so, they might be the problem.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!