Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: when I shake my iPhone 4 it makes some noise

Default when I shake my iPhone 4 it makes some noise
    Everytime when I shake my iPhone 4 it makes some sort of noise like there's some loose nuts or something. Does anyone else have this issue? I know atleast 3 out of 4 of my friends iPhone 4 makes this exact same sound. There's no problem with the phone or using the phone but once I heard that noise and everytime I hear it, it just boters the hell out of me. I'm not sure whether to call Apple tech support or not.

Green Apple
    Thanks

lol no i do not, nor does anyone else(with a working iphone).
    if you dont have applecare, get it and then call and replace your phone, not much else that can be done, unless your willing to open it up and play around with it, which I do not recommend unless you have a fair amount of technical experience.
    Previous Phone: AT&T Tilt
    Rom:Phoenix3 Win6.5 -Also Running Android 1.5-
    Radio:1.71.xx.x

Carrier: AT&T

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisRC1985 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-07-26)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

same here, mine doesn't make a sound. i wouldn't think any properly manufactured one would make a sound at all.

How does the AppleCare work? Would it matter for me to goto apple store even though I bought mine from AT&T online?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    lolol i had the same problem with my 3gs and the others i tested. I later found out that it was the silent switch that was loose and it happens in each unit and i felt really stupid. I dont know about the iPhone 4 though

Just came back from apple store from waiting over two hours and they finally took a look at it and told me that's completely normal. It the vibrator inside that's making noise everytime when shooked I bought the apple care anyway.
    Last edited by WooTek; 2010-07-26 at 02:07 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Take it back to Apple. Mine made an odd noise, and at first a Genius "tightened it" and gave it back. I went to another store, explained they failed to do jack to it, and they proceeded to give me a new one.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

And if that does not work, then tell them your battery drains and you can not connect to any wifi network and they will swap =]
    Previous Phone: AT&T Tilt
    Rom:Phoenix3 Win6.5 -Also Running Android 1.5-
    Radio:1.71.xx.x

Carrier: AT&T

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

push in your power button and shake it...mine makes a noise but it's just the power button and a little wiggle room is necessary...if the noise still happens with the button pushed in then follow the above advice
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRC1985 View Post
    And if that does not work, then tell them your battery drains and you can not connect to any wifi network and they will swap =]
    Until they turn on the phones wifi and it connects instantly. And then they will plug into a computer and run diagnostics and see that the battery is fine. You shouldn't need to lie to them. I would think that a rattling sound would be enough to show that there is something defective in the unit.

I've noticed some noise (very little) from the side buttons when you "tap" the side of it. Shaking however, doesn't have any effect nor make any noise. I'd probably want to take it in....

I did took it in bu. They told me that it's completely normal that it makes tha noise.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

NO NO OMG SORRY FOR BEING HERE SO LATE!!

My cousin and I both bought our iPhone 4 32GB's from the Apple store and his made a sound when being shaked and I could hear it when we both used facetime.

This is not normal when Apple Genius heard it he swapped his iPhone 4.

My iPhone 4 was also swapped because the Home button was getting stuck and not releasing.

So no if it makes sounds take it back!!!!!

Apple Genius at Apple store said iPhone sould not make any sounds when being shaken this is not normal!

Only the buttons can sometimes cause this but you can tell the difference in sounds.

hopefully mine won't do anything goofy. i only hear the motion of the side volume buttons and power buttons but it is very vague.

Besides, the last thing I need to get caught shaking is my iPhone. I'm already considered odd as it is...

Its probably just some parts rattling around. Pry it open with a knife and empty them out.

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bholloway View Post
    Its probably just some parts rattling around. Pry it open with a knife and empty them out.
    lmao
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

maybe your SIM card is not sitting snug in it tray... ???

There was a period of time when the workers in the factory which manufactures Iphones in China went on strike due to a variety of poor working conditions approximately a month before Iphone4 was released in USA...

Rumor has it that Steve Jobs himself had to personally man his assembly lines until they were able to wake up and whip the women and children who usually slave on line back to the job. Maybe you guys got one of the phones he had make...

Of course its been said that Steves got a few extra peanuts and buttons rattling around in his pocket so he's quite happy...
    Last edited by riverratt; 2010-07-28 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I shook it with all the buttons pressed and SIM tray was out of the phone.

A coworker of mine had this problem. He took it too apple and when they opened it they said his vibe was loose. He told him since his vibe on his phone still "worked" he couldn't replace it. Seriously that's bs. So his phone kinda broke but not until it's full broke can they fix it. How fair is that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast