Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: when I shake my iPhone 4 it makes some noise

For as long as I have been aware of the objects in my surroundings I have known that sometimes an odd object that has come into existance through the manufacturing process of the species Homo Sapien will for inexplicable and unexplainable reasons, make a noise(rattle) when subjected to a shaking motion.

There is an ancient rule of thumb that these objects fall under. It is; If it ain't broke, don't fix it

If you feel that rule still does not apply in your particular case then you can try shaking your phone while performing the chicken dance wearing only your underwear and singing Jimmy Crack Corn at the top of your lungs in your local neighborhood shopping mall.
    If the noise made by your iphone is then still an issue please post video of you performing the last subjested fix so that the experts herecan analyze it an get back to you with their thoughts on how to proceed further.
    Last edited by riverratt; 2010-07-29 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabprogramma View Post
    push in your power button and shake it...mine makes a noise but it's just the power button and a little wiggle room is necessary...if the noise still happens with the button pushed in then follow the above advice
    Found this thread when Googling my iPhone 4 'rattle' problem. A lot of people seem to have attributed their rattle to their silent key and not their power key. I would just like to reiterate for people to check their power keys as well, because my rattle was due to the power key.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

None here

It's the tilt sensor. Every direction you tilt it is, it moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Sevenfold View Post
    It's the tilt sensor. Every direction you tilt it is, it moves.
    It's called an accelerometer and/or a gyroscope, and on a fault-free handset, they should not make clicking noises during operation.

When I hold my sleep/wake button I still hear a noise. Has to be it...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Sevenfold View Post
    When I hold my sleep/wake button I still hear a noise. Has to be it...
    What if you hold the silent button while shaking it? The consensus from this thread seems to be that the click noise is usually the sleep button or the power button, but if not, you should probably get your iPhone looked at.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I bet he's just shaking it the wrong way

Quote Originally Posted by n3xia View Post
    What if you hold the silent button while shaking it? The consensus from this thread seems to be that the click noise is usually the sleep button or the power button, but if not, you should probably get your iPhone looked at.
    For me, its usually just a few screws loose inside my head.
    I should probably get that looked at, too.

Well now I'm holding the sleep/wake button & the vibrate switch and alas, still an odd noise. Weird.

[•laughing•] God the first reply is priceless however condescending it really is. I have this very same issue. I've resolved to the same thinking if it ain't broken don't fix it. The one comment on the button having alittle wiggle room makes sence also.
    killall Terminal[]

Do you have a bracelet on? Lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Dan101proof View Post
    Do you have a bracelet on? Lmfao
    lol xD
    My Twitter : @cosmi3_

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12