Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone skinning

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Windows or OS X?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Paste your Terminal session into here.

I'm no beuno with text based input, but if i'm given word for word i can get it. I only have one question before trying this, do i need to rename all of the icon files as icon.png? and do i move them into my phonedmg folder, then putfile them into the correct folder on my iphone. correct?
    i just don't want to have to go through this a million times. once i figure it out i'll more than gladly start working on some skins.

DOH! I found it. I missed the read me file for jailbreak. I went back and looked through all the files and there it was still sitting in there. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by T120ted View Post
    DOH! I found it. I missed the read me file for jailbreak. I went back and looked through all the files and there it was still sitting in there. Thanks guys.
    what was it that you found, im stuck in the same step and i dont get it, any help will be greatly appreciated.
    ROBERT

Are you getting a fileref1 after you putfile?

Quote Originally Posted by lavawill View Post
    after geting to iPhone:/# in the terminal I try to do a cd /Applications/etc and keep getting a path does not exist. does anyone know where to go from here? Thanks
    I'm having the same problem - I'm on OSX Intel - I made a applications file in the phonedmg and put all the other files in there with .app. So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Are you guys jailbreaking first?

I read another members post and it looks like the jailbreak and iPhoneInterface needs to be updated. Google it and you will find a new jailbreak and iPhoneInterface that will work.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Are you guys jailbreaking first?
    This is how I am doing it. I put the Iphone in the dock. Then I run terminal and go into cd /phonedmg then to ./jailbreak then to ./IphoneInterface
    Last edited by XFaega; 2007-07-28 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Many Problems...
    Alright, first when I started jailbreak in the terminal, it said iPhone status: No SIM. I have changed the SIM card to a new AT&T card that wasn't originally in the phone, would this cause a problem with Jailbreak? I couldn't access any directory in the iPhone's directories with any "cd" command. The tutorial gave no directions on what to do then, so i terminated the command and quit Terminal.

Now, whenever I try to run Jailbreak again, i get:
    "Waiting for iPhone to finish booting...
    Moving files into place...
    Problem with Ditto: 6

Sorry, apparently things just didn't work out.
    Look on the bright side, if jail was that good for Paris maybe you should give it a second chance. "

I've tried numerous times after that, exactly as the tutorial says, to no avail. Any suggestions?

Also, the Litho icons download as folders, not .icns or .png, how do i convert them? and the Comic iPhone Mac icons download as Adobe Photoshop PICT Resource files, unopenable in even Photoshop.

Thanks!

Default iPhone 1.0.1 update doesn't work...
    Apparently the new iPhone update won't install on my iPhone so i have to do a complete restore to factory settings. Something tells me this has to do with your icon mods i tried to do that got messed up... Any advice? Anyone at all?

We all have to restore. Just restore and remod.

After I type "putfile icon.png" I get a prompt that says
    "Problem with AFCFileRefOpen: 12" HELP!

edit
    Last edited by left-; 2007-08-08 at 09:39 AM.

Hey there..

I love the way your phone looks...is there anyway I can get a copy of your background and icons you have on your phone there?? I would appreciate it very much.

Regards,

Marc

I've got a problem... I changed my CalculatorBackground.png file on my iPhone, and it sort of works...

When I click on the calculator button, it comes up with the default calc first, then a second later, it switches to the new one... Any ideas?

(Btw, have tried turning the phone on&off)

so I was able to get everything else. How would I put the dock picture up there. I am using the icon files of creepy and it has a dock background pic. how would i do this?

hello

ok so i have been able to put all of the icons on the fone just the way i want them using the iphone skinning forum for mac OS X. it is very easy to understand how to put up icons. now all i want to understand is how to make the back ground a different picture and how to make the dialpad a different picture . any help would b awsome..

THANK YOU!

done some "skinning" I am able to change the buttons on the springboard but what is the path for the background on the springboard?

Please help!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast