Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone unlock OS X Part 4

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Hmm. I wonder if there is a different lockdownd file for the 8 GB and 4 GB models? Jeromer - what size was your iPhone?
    I figured out what the problem was. I lied when I said I followed the instruction exactly the second time around.

I was trying to unlock the phone at work. We have multiple wireless networks at work. I could not get my laptop and the iphone on the same subnet which meant I cannot connect to the ssh service on the iphone.

So, I tried something else, I downloaded iphonedisk and MacFuse, mounted the root folder ("/") and copied the files over to the right place.

The lockdownd performance issue started right after that. Every time I had this issue, I restored the firmware on the iphone and used iphonedisk to copy the files.

After getting back home, I connected to the iphone via ssh and checked the permissions on /usr/libexec/lockdownd and it was 644 (rw-r--r--). I changed the permission to 777 and that resolved the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    What FTP app are you using?
    I'm using Cyberduck.

(Other apps like springboard and iblackjack working).

Help!
    Last edited by yoshimi; 2007-09-27 at 09:18 AM.

anybody know if the latest version of itunes will work yet? havent updated yet waiting to see if it's safe?

My iphone is 4gb

Quote Originally Posted by perlmon View Post
    I figured out what the problem was. I lied when I said I followed the instruction exactly the second time around.

I was trying to unlock the phone at work. We have multiple wireless networks at work. I could not get my laptop and the iphone on the same subnet which meant I cannot connect to the ssh service on the iphone.

So, I tried something else, I downloaded iphonedisk and MacFuse, mounted the root folder ("/") and copied the files over to the right place.

The lockdownd performance issue started right after that. Every time I had this issue, I restored the firmware on the iphone and used iphonedisk to copy the files.

After getting back home, I connected to the iphone via ssh and checked the permissions on /usr/libexec/lockdownd and it was 644 (rw-r--r--). I changed the permission to 777 and that resolved the problem.

That's interesting I had the same slowness issue but used the exact same SSH/cyberduck routine to upload lockdownd everytime on my 4gb iphone so in my case it was not a permissions pb.
    It was a faulty lockdownd indeed. Once I re-downloaded a new one (not from this site) and followed the guide again I had no longer this slowness issue. I have not tried re-downloading again this site's lockdownd to make 100% sure though.
    Last edited by jeromer; 2007-09-27 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    im using a new macbook. i cant get my phone 2 get past the cyber duck. i get connection error notes i have tryed several times in the cyberduck screen. my phone shows connection. but the ip it shows never works when i put it in...how can I get past this i have done every thing i dont get it.. please help..
    Last edited by mosaik; 2007-09-28 at 01:08 AM.

i have posted this in other forums on this site but i have gotten nowhere. i stumbled a few times in unlocking my phone but i figured out my issues and made it all the way to the end. my screen had the unlock icon on it but i couldnt click anything on the screen. now my iphone turns off and on constantly and i still cant get the touchscreen to function. what do i do now? i even tried to start back at my first step which was using independence and i cant even click on activate or unactivate phone. i hope i didnt brick it....somebody please help a lost noob who might have just wasted 400 bucks.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fat View Post
    anybody know if the latest version of itunes will work yet? havent updated yet waiting to see if it's safe?
    I'd stick with 7.4.1.

Quote Originally Posted by jeromer View Post
    That's interesting I had the same slowness issue but used the exact same SSH/cyberduck routine to upload lockdownd everytime on my 4gb iphone so in my case it was not a permissions pb.
    It was a faulty lockdownd indeed. Once I re-downloaded a new one (not from this site) and followed the guide again I had no longer this slowness issue. I have not tried re-downloading again this site's lockdownd to make 100% sure though.
    Interesting. I bet it is the transfer method, then. People experiencing slowdown issues, have you checked the permissions on your lockdownd file?

Quote Originally Posted by mosaik View Post
    im using a new macbook. i cant get my phone 2 get past the cyber duck. i get connection error notes i have tryed several times in the cyberduck screen. my phone shows connection. but the ip it shows never works when i put it in...how can I get past this i have done every thing i dont get it.. please help..
    Do you have the protocol set to SFTP? Port 22?

Quote Originally Posted by courtstarr24 View Post
    i have posted this in other forums on this site but i have gotten nowhere. i stumbled a few times in unlocking my phone but i figured out my issues and made it all the way to the end. my screen had the unlock icon on it but i couldnt click anything on the screen. now my iphone turns off and on constantly and i still cant get the touchscreen to function. what do i do now? i even tried to start back at my first step which was using independence and i cant even click on activate or unactivate phone. i hope i didnt brick it....somebody please help a lost noob who might have just wasted 400 bucks.
    Have you tried simply restoring? Connect to the computer, make sure you have downloaded the 1.0.2 firmware file (link in the unlock wiki), and then hold down Home and Sleep for about 25 seconds until it says to connect to iTunes. Then start iTunes. It will say it needs to restore. Hold down Option (or Shift in Windows) and click restore. It will ask you which file to restore from. Choose the 1.0.2 download you did, and hit restore. then start the unlock process again.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

i just tried that....i got an error message stating that it could not be restored because of an error.

hmmm....well during one of the constant reboots my iphone took me to the unlock icon and it let me hit start and the 20 minute process carried on w/o a reboot. once that finished we went right back into the rolling reboot process. i tossed my tmobile sim card in and it shows full service. which i guess is a good thing....maybe not? i still cant use the touch screen or keep it on....anyone ever seen this before?

im not quite sure if this is even and endless reboot....some reports say that its considered an endless reboot if it keeps restarting every 10 seconds....if left alone mine just goes black, then it will kick back on and i get the "slide to unlock" message but i cant get it to work. then it will go black but on its own.
    Last edited by courtstarr24; 2007-09-29 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I went through all posts here and didn't find anybody having a problem that I have. I went through all steps and loaded LOCKDOWND file where it suppose to go (2 different folders in iPhone).
    Removed SIM and turned phone on but there is no ULOCK icon. Can't run it and files are there!?
    Please help, who knows the answer...

Regards,
    Zack

IS openSSH not available in LAUNCHER anymore? i don't see it on my iphone under the SYSTEMS download area

I am having the same problem with openssh !!! cant see it for some reason

I went threw the whole thing successfully but not picking up my tmobile sim. Help please.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I am using Windows and have successfully unlocked my iphone using ibrickr, the guidance from "http://iphone.unlock.no/" and the unlock.exe program that was located in the installer download menu. It was under the section of unstable or untested, but it worked perfectly. I had to restore my Iphone yesterday bc it froze on me, and and unlock app is no longer in the installer download menu.

1st question is where can I find the unlock app which was loaded in the installer menu,is it still available? The download version in Part four is several files and doesn't show up as an executable application.

2nd question is can the methods described in the IPhone unlock OS X tutorials here be used for windows?

I've used the guidance provided on the "http://iphone.unlock.no/" website successfully but anySim never seemed to work. That is what led me to using the unlock application in the installer menu, but as I stated it is no longer there.

Sorry to ramble, I'm a noob, please help.

I'm having some issues regarding removing of anySim and lockdownd. Every help would be appreciated.

I could connect using cyber duck, though it wouldn't let me remove anysim neither as copying lockdownd succesfully in the right folder. Though it had actually worked putting anysim on half an hour earlier (and i think it might have actually done something to the original lockdownd file...which makes me nervous).

Well thanks for your input!

I finished the whole tutorial all went fine in th end. But it gave me the message, that I couldn't use this unauthorized sim. It also wouldn't let me sync. So I tried to restore the 1.0.2 firmware but it tells me that it can't restore it.
    Any idea what I could do?

hi, i create a torrent with all needed apps to follow the ste p 1 to 4 of this tutorial...

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...ck_OS_X_Part_1

please seed and sharing...

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3827390/...iphone_Apps___

:: May the unlock be with you ::

Default removing the unlock??
    Thanks for the great tutorial.
    Worked great.

Quick question to help clean things up.
    You mention that "I like to delete the Unlock folder from Applications using CyberDuck, so the app doesn't remain on my iPhone."

I quite simply don't know how to do this. Could someone give me some basic guidance here?

Many Thanks

Thanks

Using CyberDuck, which you used to put the application on with, double click the Applications folder, right click on iUnlock or Unlock, and hit delete. That's it.

Hi everybody!
    Is there any unlocking programs that run on Windows XP? Thanks beforehand....

Thanks

Decent guide here.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast