Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone unlock OS X Part 4

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thatsme View Post
    There is something I'm not sure about: when you leave independence, you're back to jail. Then you say you don't use independence anymore. Will it be ok to replace lockdownd and to put unlock.app if you're in jail?

Thanks for your answer PF
    Yes. Because you're using SFTP. Jailbreak not needed anymore.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

i cant get the unlock to work. It says its complete after the 20 min flash but when i turn it off and back on with the tmobile sim its still locked...please help

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelpony View Post
    unlocking with cyberduck, transmit etc
    hey, this is Filip from Belgium. I bought myself a brandnew iPhone in Washington today. I found this manual and tried to connect allready for about the 30th time now with Cyberduck, Transmit, Fetch etc. I read all of the important things very carefully etc but still, timed out or no permission errors pop up. any suggestion? I am somebody who is very very comitted to technical stuff, max OSX, etc etc but I am out of any way of finding a solution to upload the unlock file.

can somebody help me out?
    i Had the same problem with Cyberduck used FUGU it was easier and it did work, they both do the same transfer, give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Yes. Because you're using SFTP. Jailbreak not needed anymore.
    PF I and some other
    Last edited by elfribo; 2007-09-21 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had same problem as DOUTREO , I down everythig right form Toturial 1 through 4 step 2 ( I can connect to internet and You Tube via Wi-Fi)
    But when I trying to use Cyberduck connect to iPhone I got following error message form Cyberduk:

I/O error: Connection Failed.
    sftp:// [email protected]:22
    There was a problem while connecting to 192.168.2.4:22

I have been restore three times all still stuck at the same place, Please kindly Help!, Thanks
    (I'm using PPC dual 2.7Ghz/G5/OSX 10.4.10)
    Last edited by TPE; 2007-09-21 at 07:06 PM.

I'm on my mac.

Independence doesn't run on my computer. Same with Activity monitor.
    It launches and then crashes. Now what?

7.4.2 (4) for the version of iTunes.

Thanks.

the guide worked 100% perfect for me, first try. thanks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

Quote Originally Posted by elfribo View Post
    Completed all steps then when i ran the Duck entered my Phone IP which in my case 192.168.1.8 and followed your steps server 192.168.1.3 I get
    no connection error 3 times ( my MAC address is 192.168.1.4)
    changed to that didn't work neither and I suppose I absolutely need
    to replace the lockdownd
    I have BSD and SSH previously installed and Commnities tools as well
    MY IPHONE WIFI is strong ( besides I am connected to Macbook with USB) not Docked.

Do you have an idea why I cannot connect?
    Am I missing something or did somthing wrong>
    This is the second attempt to activate
    Iphone was restored in ITunes to 1.0.2

Thank you very much for your insight.
    I had this same problem where I could not connect to IP through Cyberduck. Kept receiving the error message or no connection. This finally worked for me, in cyberduck where you would put your IP address try putting iphone-001bc41a6bd7.local. So it will read root@iphone-[COLOR="Red"]your iphones mac address[COLOR="Black"].local the user is still root and the password is dottie. This worked for me hope it helps someone else.

Just fixed this today. Try this!

I had this same problem where I could not connect to IP through Cyberduck. Kept receiving the error message or no connection. This finally worked for me, in cyberduck where you would put your IP address try putting iphone-001bc41a6bd7.local. So it will read root@iphone-your iphones mac address.local the user is still root and the password is dottie. This worked for me hope it helps someone else.

it should look like this: iphone-001bc41a6bd7.local
    remember to use your iphones mac address
    Last edited by modpod; 2007-09-22 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I just finished unlocking the phone. THANK YOU!!!! it was a breeze. Last week I bought a ipod touch, it had the negative black screen. I brought it back. I really wanted the iphone but, didn't want at&t as service. Well, if it wasn't for your tutorial I'd be on my second ipod touch. Thanks again.

Great post MODPOD! , I have try to use" iphone-001cb325ce73.local " (MAC address was find form iPhone General/About )as Ip address But still not working, Any idea how to make it happen? Many Thanks!
    Last edited by TPE; 2007-09-22 at 06:56 AM.

Thanks

Your iPhone's Mac address can be found in Settings>General>About>Wi-Fi Address. Just take out the colons.

Well I did connect through terminal (i have a mac) first. That how I realized that nothing was wrong with the phone. So connect through terminal (which recognizes your iphone preset) and connect. Also you may need to disable your firewall. Next try to connect cyberduck with the address you see in terminal. Which you will then see the error message. Next disconnect terminal and try connecting back to cyberduck. This time the connection should work. Hope this helps. Now you can set you firewall back up once you finish transfering the files.

Hey just want to drop a line to thank for this wonderful walkthrough. The phone is now working perfectly on rogers network. Thanks!

RUSKYDUCK

Hi,do you still have this problem ? if not, how did you solve it?
    I am interested because I ran into the same issue and found this workaround:
    finish process as described even if it is very slow.
    Then reload firmware 1.0.2 with Itune.
    run independance with the new sim you want to use.
    and it worked for me at this stage I got the gsm/edge connection.
    note that I can use only the sim that is in the iphone when I run independance so everytime I need to change sim I must run independance again with the new sim inserted.

By the way I run Itune 7.4.2 and I could not get anysim towork for me either.
    Last edited by jeromer; 2007-09-22 at 08:03 PM.

The process calls for the auto-lock feature to be set to "never". Does this always have to be set to "never" and what happens if you change this setting after your phone has been unlocked?

Thanks
    Allan

Still can't get the phone to sync, OSX 10.4.10, iTunes 7.4.2, 1.0.2 Firmware, used these step. iTunes tells me the required disk cannot be found.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thatsme View Post
    There is something I'm not sure about: when you leave independence, you're back to jail. Then you say you don't use independence anymore. Will it be ok to replace lockdownd and to put unlock.app if you're in jail?

Thanks for your answer PF
    Quote Originally Posted by allanofcalifornia View Post
    The process calls for the auto-lock feature to be set to "never". Does this always have to be set to "never" and what happens if you change this setting after your phone has been unlocked?

Thanks
    Allan
    Nah, this is just so it won't disconnect the SFTP session while upping or downloading stuff during unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted Panda View Post
    Still can't get the phone to sync, OSX 10.4.10, iTunes 7.4.2, 1.0.2 Firmware, used these step. iTunes tells me the required disk cannot be found.
    Think you'll need 7.4.1.

Thanks again. This worked for me a second time after I attempted to change my root password from dottie to something else - and froze the phone. I can't find the link I used but it was on the dev team's website. Could you recommend a procedure as clear as the one you've outlined here for resetting the root password? Thanks again for all your work. I'm T-Mobile and international ready thanks to you.

Has anyone here faced issues like low earpiece speaker output after the unlock. It has been reported on the hack the iphone site !!

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/74/ipho..._mac_74_1.html

Thanks

Haven't seen it myself.

Is there any necessity to erase the patched lockdownd file and put the original lockdownd back on the phone?

iNdipendence puts the phone back to jail after activating sucessfull, is there any necessity to break out of jail after unlocking?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast