Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone unlock OS X Part 4

Default No Service...
    I've gone through the tutorial twice, I keep getting "No Service". I'm using an AT&T sim and T-Mobile, Neither work, but when I use the T-Mobile sim, I get an EDGE option un Network.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

You didn't do the tutorial using 1.0.0 firmware, did you?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Is anyone having trouble while syncing with iTunes after unlocking? (I sync almost everything available for it like songs, photos, podcast etc...) iTunes keeps telling me that the iPhone's disk cannot be read or written...

Thanx!

Awesome guide by the way

Thanks

Same question...

I'm up to the newest firmware, poetic_folly

Wait I lie, I used 1.0.0 the first time and 1.0.2 the second, could that of screwed me?
    Last edited by ixlr8; 2007-09-19 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I Am Having Same Problems With T-mobile Sim Cards. I Think Something Is Wrong With Them Because I Have Tried Every Unlock Method In The Book And None Of Them Have Worked For Me. Have Tried Both For Mac Os X And Windows (anysim, Iunlock, Iunlock_reloaded, Command (minicom,) Ive Tried It All. Had To Restore Iphone Four Times Because I Would Get No Signal Or Anything After Running Anysim. With Successful Lock From This Site (iunlock -padlock Thing) I Get Enjoy! All That Crap And Get Excited, Only To Restart My Iphone With The Tmobile Sim And See No Service. The Dreaded Two Words That Make Me Wanna Break This Iphone. Please Help

Great tutorial!
    Everything works fine: sim, edge, youtube... but i have some bluetooth issues. It is supposed to work flawlessly in BMW cars (according to BMW drivers in other formus), but my bluetooth connection drops everytime i get a call. Tested with two different BMW cars (with and without idrive).
    Is it possible that the unlock procedure creates some bluetooth issues?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
    I'm up to the newest firmware, poetic_folly

Wait I lie, I used 1.0.0 the first time and 1.0.2 the second, could that of screwed me?
    Yes, I have not confirmed, but I have read that if you do the unlock without updating to the new firmware as instructed, you will not be able to get service with anyone but AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by dhurley33 View Post
    I Am Having Same Problems With T-mobile Sim Cards. I Think Something Is Wrong With Them Because I Have Tried Every Unlock Method In The Book And None Of Them Have Worked For Me. Have Tried Both For Mac Os X And Windows (anysim, Iunlock, Iunlock_reloaded, Command (minicom,) Ive Tried It All. Had To Restore Iphone Four Times Because I Would Get No Signal Or Anything After Running Anysim. With Successful Lock From This Site (iunlock -padlock Thing) I Get Enjoy! All That Crap And Get Excited, Only To Restart My Iphone With The Tmobile Sim And See No Service. The Dreaded Two Words That Make Me Wanna Break This Iphone. Please Help
    Read my answer to ixlr8.

Default worked first time!! X)
    Thanks for the excellent tutorial! Everything worked for me first time, although I was sweating bullets at a few moments. Below are the issues I had so others can relax if they see the same. Thanks again to all the amazing work by everyone involved!

1) In part2-step2, when you are jailbreaking using iNdependence, the first part "Waiting for Jailbreak" went fine and took 2-3 minutes as reported. However, when it went to the part "Waiting for return to jail", itunes opened automatically and then this part start taking a long time. After about 5 minutes, i didn't no what to do, so I quit itunes. Another couple of minutes later I got the success message, phew! I don't 'think' closing itunes had anything to do with it, but just so you know, you can quit it and it will still work.

2) In part4-step3, I had itunes open on a number of occasions. I just quit it each time, no problems. Another thing that isn't mentioned is that the progress bar doesn't move when unlocking for 20 mins, just wait like it says, it is working!

I am freely swap my SIMs now, which include an AT&T pay-as-u-go and a Fido/Rogers (Canada) card, both work great. Youtube working too.

I was using a PowerBook G4.

Anyone know the best way to disable EDGE so it will never connect? Rogers is wacky with data rates, I'll just look for wifi!

OK, I must send out a big thanks to all who have worked on the software and those that took the time to do the tutorials. They are very good and especially clear. I did the process last night in about 45 mins.

My environment = 8GB iPhone, Originally activated with ATT., Mac Powerbook G4, OSX, used Cyberduck and unlock app, everything else loaded to iPhone with Installer app.

Walked into T Mobile store today and asked for a prepaid SIM to try out in my iPhone. Store guy says, it won't work, phone is locked, I say in my coolest voice, "not anymore it isn't" He gets me a prepaid SIM (cost $10 and change) and I drop it in, wait 20 seconds and up pops T Mobile, 5 bars and the edge big E, right in his store, and then I call him and itt WORKS!

I'm very happy. Plan to go to Europe next week and will try out a Croatian prepaid SIM they sell there so I can talk locally, call home and receive calls (they have phone company plan called VIP?? with prepaid cards starting at 300 Croatian Bucks or $45 USD.) I guess I'll just use it as a phone, and avoid the data costs by not using mail, Safari, maps, etc.

I'll post how that works out for future enterprising hacker-travelers.

Thanks

Nice. That's a fun story.

I have Bouygtel in France and I got through all steps, but now it says all files found ready to go. press start. I pressed start but nothing happens.

what now?

Thanks

Scroll up?

Default outgoing email on T Mobile EDGE
    Thanx for the excellent tutorial. It worked for me aswell. A couple of small issues:

1. Donation - I would like to contribute to this effort but it seems to be a joint effort of iphone apps/people, so I am not sure how to donate?

2. When I go into Settings>>>Carrier, I can't figure-out how to actually edit or delete my existing listed carriers (TMobile and AT&T). They seem to be unmodifiable or locked. I think I am missing a very basic step here. I would like to delete the AT&T carrier if possible.

3. Everything works well on my iphone, including You Tube when I am on a WIFI network, but when I am on the T Mobile EDGE network, and I send out email, I often get an email alert message saying something like the pop account is locked or something similiar. If I power down the iphone and then restart my iphone, I usually can get the EDGE network to use my SMTP outgoing settings and get my outgoing emails sent. Has anyone run into a similiar problem with outgoing email when using the EDGE network?

Thanks

1) The iPhone Dev Wiki guys figured out how to hack it. Erica Sadun wrote the GUI app. We wrote the guide and took detailed screenshots of every step. PM me for details on donating to any of them.

2) The Settings>Carrier does not allow you to add/delete carriers - it merely lists all the networks close to you. If you are using a T-Mo SIM, it will always default to T-Mo towers unless you have no service in that area, in which case you will attach to an AT&T tower for T-Mo's free roaming.

3) Yes. This happens to me all the time. No definite answer as to why.

per #3

OK, I guess it is just life with a wireless handheld. I thought maybe I had the EDGE Carrier settings for T Mobile setup incorrectly.

unlocking with cyberduck, transmit etc
    hey, this is Filip from Belgium. I bought myself a brandnew iPhone in Washington today. I found this manual and tried to connect allready for about the 30th time now with Cyberduck, Transmit, Fetch etc. I read all of the important things very carefully etc but still, timed out or no permission errors pop up. any suggestion? I am somebody who is very very comitted to technical stuff, max OSX, etc etc but I am out of any way of finding a solution to upload the unlock file.

can somebody help me out?

Default T-Mobile is now my carrier but can't call or receive
    The process completed perfectly, and T-Mobile is shown as my carrier in the upper left with full bars, but the iPhone can't receive calls (they go to voicemail) or call out (just quits dialing and exits Phone).

Any ideas?

There is something I'm not sure about: when you leave independence, you're back to jail. Then you say you don't use independence anymore. Will it be ok to replace lockdownd and to put unlock.app if you're in jail?

Thanks for your answer PF

hey ,everyone ...i need some help.i'm on the part to unlock iphone..but cyberduck is connecting ,can some one help me..

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast