Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone unlock OS X Part 2

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

Default IPhone unlock OS X Part 2
    Discussion thread for IPhone unlock OS X Part 2. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Hi,
    I don't have the same screens..I suppose it is because independence has been updated? Cause all I need to do is hit "activate", and it does everything WITHOUT asking for any CCID nor anything else...

tx

nicolas

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

What version of iNdependence are you using?

Never mind, yes, new version is updated! I will update guide tonight...
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 2007-09-14 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

ricsosa (2007-09-25)

In iNdependence I ran Jailbreak and it said "Jailbreak complete" but right after that it said:" Error Connecting to AFC service" and now at the bottom it says "Disconnected: Waiting for iPhone..."

I've asked in other threads but they were no help and I didn't run Jailbreak with iTunes open, so, any help?

When I try to upload the unlock files to usr/bin iFugu says it cant get a handle and fails. Its notes says this is because there is not enough disc space available which is not true on an empty iphone??

What do I now do?

Oh sorry put this in the wrong place - I am on OS X - obviously.
    Last edited by yourdeelight; 2007-09-14 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Try using CyberDuck.

Can someone please help me? I'm stuck on part 2 where you download the two softwares they don't open up and run...please help!!!

Thanks in advance!! Also if you have MSN you can help me @ [email protected]

Is there a WINDOWS unlocking?? I don't have a mac...
    Last edited by Mona1206; 2007-09-14 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

poetic folly.

thanks for all your work putting this guide together, it's been a fantastic resource as i bumble my way through this. i have, however, hit a snag installing apptapp, as it never seems to wrap up copying the files. i've followed you to the letter up to this point twice, and have reached the same roadblock. any suggestions? thanks again.

Thanks

I'm not sure what is the issue there, many people are having the same one. You have selected the correct firmware version when installing? And iTunes and iTunesHelper are both OFF during this entire process?

Folly...

For those who have installed apptap... I would run independence and install SSH through that program instead of the wifi option. Especially if you never activated the phone with AT&T. I think the phone stalls looking for an activation and that is why some of the packages from the programs never gets fully installed...

Thanks

I have done well over 30 of these now using the exact method I have described, without issue...

I also found, that apptap, jailbreaks the phone for you... so after install apptap, opening independence and installing SSH seems to be easier.

HOWEVER... i never used activate from independence so I dont know if it will be a problem later on when using T-Mobile or any other sim cards...

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    I have done well over 30 of these now using the exact method I have described, without issue...
    Just sharing my experience. I followed your guides, the WIKI guides and its great. For one thing its informative! My questions for you is, what if the steps are reaarange would it make a difference?
    Last edited by ~W~; 2007-09-14 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yes, it would DEFINITELY make a difference. It is very important to do them in that order, or you will run into issues.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi I am going to attempt your method. It seems very clear.
    Just want 2 things clarified

1. My phone is already activated using AT&T and service has not been cancelled. I can go straight to step 3 or do I still have to activate the phone using Independence?

2. In part 4 that part about fixing the permissions by sshing into the phone. Where do I type those lines, in Terminal? Is that all i need to type to connect to the phone by ssh? Also you used 777. I see in other posts on other forums they used 755? And they were able to fix the permissions by right clicking the unlock.app get info.

This is the only part I really am not clear about and just want a clear definitve answer.

Thanks

1. You can skip to step 3, yes.

2. I did not put that in there, someone else did. I removed it, as CyberDuck automatically sets permissions to those. Thanks for letting me know.

Default iNdependence error
    I get a message Failure Error entering recovery mode, when I press activate phone as the first part of step 2

After I press activate phone and choose the file.. I get the message: Failure- error entering recovery mode
    What Im I doing wrong? what should I do? Please help!

Aha I restarted iNdependence and quickly pressed activate and it worked

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Junk13 For This Useful Post:

twr404 (2007-09-30)

I DL'd the indepence file but I can't seem to run it. I opened the file...which do I click to run?

Thanks

The one that says iNdependence. There are pictures in the guide.

It is OS X only, of course.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast