Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone unlock OS X Part 2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im also stuck on waiting for jail break..

Itunes keeps comming up while waiting, ive waited like 30mins and everytime I tunes opens I close it. Should I be doing that or leave it alone? I dont think Ive done any of the steps incorrectly.. Please help if you have aim hit me up spooncrx1

Hi, I downloaded the restore file from apple. I am using safari. And then when I ran iNdependence and tried to activate, the restore file was in a folder format and it didn't look like the icon in the guide that says iPhone1,1_1
    I could therefore not activate..what should I do?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

A little more info? What folder did you choose when iNdependence asked you for the firmware folder?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

at first, when i click activate my phone, i got the message "error entering recovery mode." After reading several comments, i got it run "waiting for jail break" but then it came up with another message "error entering restore mode." Could anyone can help me out with this problem? Thanks.

Default stuck on part2
    I have the same problem. I have iTunes 7.4.2, Mac OS 10.4.10 and a brand new iPhone not yet activated.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by yanguizi View Post
    I'm stuck on part2, I have the 1.0.2 firmware installed in a deactived iphone. I downloaded the 1.0.2 restore file from your link, in safari it comes down as a .zip file. I then right click open and I get a regular folder called iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw. Then I downloaded iNdependence 1.1.2a. But when I run iNdependence and iNdependence asks you where you downloaded the restore file. I navigate to this folder but I do NOT have the file called Firmware in any folder in iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw folder, I have a folder inside this one called Firmware but it only contains 2 folders called all_flash and dfu. So no matter which folder and at what level I select in INdependence I get an "error entering recovery mode" message.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Default stuck
    My Mac gets stuck during the iNdependence. I bought my iphone without a sim card. could that be a problem? The phone is locked, and cannot get to the home screen. Also, my mac gets stuck on the screen that says "Waiting for Jail break..." and does not complete iNdependece. Also, on the bottom is says "Disconnected: Waiting for iPhone." Any suggestions?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Have you paired the iPhone at least once with iTunes? And have you made sure iTunes is quit and so is iTunes helper?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I had the same issue for a while, failing to enter recovery mode on both activation and jailbreak.

The key that has now worked every time is to disconnect the phone, reconnect it and click "activate" or "jailbreak" immediately. For some reason it consistently works if one clicks the button within about 3 seconds of it turning from grey (while phone is disconnected) to black and consistently fails if you wait much longer than that.

hope that helps some people.

A

independence will not open. it says "unsupported version of itunes detected" I have iTunes version 7.5 and the latest version of independence. I'm following the steps closely. Do I need to install anything else before running independence?
    thanks.

Hello!

When it appears waiting for jailbreak, independence its closed, and a message appears: independence quit unexpectedly... And the iphone will show the icon apple and wont do anything and after i press the sleep button the yellow triangle appears! Please help !!! thnk you

hello!!
    After trying to jilbreak after 3 times, now my iphone keeps rebooting!! wht can i do?? is there a way to fix it?? im sorry im kinda new in this!
    Last edited by shadow6265i; 2007-11-19 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I virgininzed my 1.0.2. Trying to jailbreak. But it stops after app. 15 sec. and jailbreaks crashes and the phone is working until I force to quit. After that I see the yellow triangle. I have to restore 1.0.2. again with ITunes. I tried it foru times.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6265i View Post
    Hello!

When it appears waiting for jailbreak, independence its closed, and a message appears: independence quit unexpectedly... And the iphone will show the icon apple and wont do anything and after i press the sleep button the yellow triangle appears! Please help !!! thnk you
    Same happening here - can anyone help?

PLEASE.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123