Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone unlock OS X Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by vinko View Post
    If you're using Windows OS you can find old version of iTunes 7.4.1 from OldApp.com.

If you're on the Mac, I have yet to locate the old version of iTunes 7.4.1 I do have it on my Mac, but I don't think I simply copy it to another Mac. As there are other Frameworks that needs to be upgraded or downgraded depending on the case.
    if you need itunes for the mac, go to apple.com/support, click on downloads, search for itunes. 4.7.1 will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by insomia View Post
    I'm having a problem restoring the 1.0.2 to the iphone. I've downloaded the firmware but what file do I choose to open? After pressing option + restore, I seem to have a problem running the firmware. Can Anybody help? Thanks
    Does this work?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fash View Post
    what do they mean with "If you do not need your hand held"???
    I mean I have not created a fully illustrated guide etc on how to do that, I just have text instructions until tomorrow or Monday when I actually do it and can get ya'll screenies.

I'm having a problem restoring the 1.0.2 to the iphone. I've downloaded the firmware but what file do I choose to open? After pressing option + restore, I seem to have a problem running the firmware. Can Anybody help? Thanks
    Choose the folder CONTAINING the firmware folder, not the folder actually called firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by Rs-studios View Post
    Does this work?
    Read above.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

fash (2007-09-29)

[QUOTE=poetic_folly;46263]I mean I have not created a fully illustrated guide etc on how to do that, I just have text instructions until tomorrow or Monday when I actually do it and can get ya'll screenies.

First of all I appreciate you documenting the steps. I swore I wouldn't be the one that asks for help as I thought the directions were pretty good.

Unfortunately, I must be dumber than I thought, because I have a little issue.

I have a virgin iPhone out of the box running 1.0.2, iTunes 7.4.2 installed on my mac. I've downloaded iNdependence & the restore file linked in the article.

When iTunes kicks on and asks to restore, it wants to restore to 1.1.1 (so I haven't restored it). I fire up iNdependence and point to the restore folder on my desktop just like in the documentation. When I run iNdependence it just stays on the 1st step "Waiting for jailbreak..." and never does anything else.

Have a done something wrong -- any and all help is appreciated

thanks much

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

yeap the best I did that but with my PC thru step 2 or 3 I think lol
     Think Different

Default openssh
    so any one know why openssh wont pop in the installer ?!!

Default Quick Question
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    I may. I don't have a Windows box near me these days. Maybe I'll find one... its tougher in Windows.

just a quick question PF. do you have to use a MAC to unlock your phone or is a windows PC ok?

I do apperciate it. thanks a bunch.

You are probably facing the same trouble I did. In my case, Safari downloads the zipped file and inmediately unzips it and deletes the zipped file. The unzipped folder will not work. You need to find the zipped file in the trashcan and place it in any personal folder. Then you select it directly as instructed.

DON'T RESTORE YOUR IPHONE!. I'm going to tell you what happened to me. I had to restore mine and you can't choose the firmware to be downloaded. Since the moment you press restore the 1.1.1 firmware will be donloaded to your phone. If you can avoid the restore option.

Thanks

You can downgrade. Check the Wiki. And the front page news.

Need your help guys !!

Am from Canada and I ordered 2 iPhones 4GB about a month ago and got them delivered them to my brother in Cali. I would be visiting him next weekend and picking up the phones.

How should I go about unlocking them. Currently I am on a MBP and have iTunes 7.4.2 (4). The question is that How do I make sure that I do not update to the new firmware. Does the phone update to the new firmware via iTunes and how ??

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks !!

Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

sandy44 (2007-10-02)

Has anyone successfully sync the unlocked iPhone with iTunes 7.4.2 on the Mac?

I am looking for success cases where you followed these instructions unlocked the iPhone and then able to successfully synchronized your unlocked iPhone with a copy of iTunes 7.4.2 on the Mac.

Thank you in advance.

hi, i create a torrent with all needed apps to follow the ste p 1 to 4 of this tutorial...

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...ck_OS_X_Part_1

please seed and sharing...

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3827390/...iphone_Apps___

:: May the unlock be with you ::

What is in the Torrent?

Does it include iTunes 7.4.2 for the Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by vinko View Post
    What is in the Torrent?

Does it include iTunes 7.4.2 for the Mac?
    see the link in thepiratebay.org..

include the iTunes 7.4 for mac

I just unlocked my iphone last night with this guide. Using itunes 7.4.2 & a MBP.

Thanks for the guide.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to trov For This Useful Post:

vinko (2007-10-03)

Quote Originally Posted by trov View Post
    I just unlocked my iphone last night with this guide. Using itunes 7.4.2 & a MBP.
    Great to hear. Now I can upgrade my MBP used for unlocking.

Due to the lack of support I had unlocked 2 more iPhones last night and successfully sync them to iTunes 7.4.2 on the Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by trov View Post

Thanks for the guide.
    Did you have press the Option key while restore (In order to choose the 1.0.2 firmware).

I am guessing here that you did not upgrade to 1.1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy44 View Post
    Did you have press the Option key while restore (In order to choose the 1.0.2 firmware).
    Pressing Option key (in Mac OS X) and Shift key (in Windows) down when clicking on the Restore button is definitely the way to restore your iPhone. When you do so, you will be asked to locate the firmware to use for the restore. If you do not do so, iTunes will download the latest firmware for the iPhone and restore your iPhone with that version.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to vinko For This Useful Post:

sandy44 (2007-10-04)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast