Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone unlock OS X Part 1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    im having the same problem. It gets my wifi on the i phone but it wont connect the last part of cyber duck it wont connect what do i do... if i try 2 restore itunes gives me a message saying the phone my be may be permently messed up please help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Check firmware
    Hello,

I would like to unlock my iphone. It is still sealed in the box. Is there a way to check the firmware before going throught the steps?

Since there is firmware 1.1.1 out I do not want to screw up my iphone. Please let me know (I know firmware 1.0.2 is required).

My next question is: what if my iphone firmware is 1.0.0, is there a way to update to 1.0.2?

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Scott

EDIT ---

I found my answer
    Last edited by davalos; 2007-09-28 at 03:26 AM.

Is that download for the older firmware(1.0.2) actually the same one as it used to be in itunes before the new firmware update was posted....i needed to restore my phone and i needed the older firmware to do that. So i was wondering if that firmware is ok to use?

Hi all,

Kind of a stupid question... My friend bought an iPhone today and we are going through the unlock process. I work in IT so I'm helping him with it. The only thing I cannot find is the CURRENT firmware version of the phone.

Being only purchased recently I imagine it's the right version (ie. 1.0.2) but is there a way of finding this out?

Thanks.

ugh....im picking up my iphone tomorrow and i thought i was ready to unlock it but now with all these versions of firmware to worry about and versions of itunes im not sure if i have the right ones. im using a mac and im not even positive of what version itunes i have. im a total mac noob and i have only had it for a little while now so pardon my total noobness here. ive done a lot of searching but im still not quite sure what to do as far as the firmware and different versions i need. is there a way i can tell while at the att store to make sure i get the right one? i would assume not but i figured id ask. anybody have any tips on how to get the ball rolling so i can hop into the guide provided here to get it up and rolling? ill take any help i can get

Quote Originally Posted by andyd_00 View Post
    Hi all,

Kind of a stupid question... My friend bought an iPhone today and we are going through the unlock process. I work in IT so I'm helping him with it. The only thing I cannot find is the CURRENT firmware version of the phone.

Being only purchased recently I imagine it's the right version (ie. 1.0.2) but is there a way of finding this out?

Thanks.
    You can "make an emergency call" to *3001#12345#*
    You will see several information about your iphone. In the versions tap make sure the firmware/modem vesion is 03.14.08_G. This is the 1.02, at least this is different from 1.0 and 1.01, not sure from 1.1.1. Hope this can help you.

I have a new question, with the new firmware, can I still restore an iPhone to 1.02? and how could I do that?.

Thanks

I have two other iPhone I have to unlock.

In the past I would assume the iPhone had older (incorrect) version of the firmware. So I would follow the instructions here to restore the iPhone to version 1.0.2 of the firmware using iTunes 7.4.1 (on the Mac). I had turned off automatic upgrade in iTunes and ensured all System Updates are not done.

I notice during the Restore of the iPhone using iTunes 7.4.1 it has a step where it would check for the latest firmware. This message comes up as I had turned off the automatic update of the iTunes. The message has two options "Cancel" and "Check". One cannot continue with the Restore unless one chooses "Check".

Now that version 1.1.1 firmware is available, will iTunes automatically download firmware 1.1.1 during the Check? Or is there some way to force iTunes to use what it had already downloaded previously.

Default iPhone Firmware vs iTunes Firmware
    Hi. I have some questions. Please forgive me if it has been answered before, but I'm confused...

Throughout this guide it has been stressed out in red bold fonts that the iTunes Firmware must be 1.0.2. Is that the same as iPhone Firmware 1.0.2.?

In other words, if I OPTION+restore my brand new iPhone and select iPhone Firmware 1.0.2 and restore, can I be sure that the so called iTunes Firmware is indeed version 1.0.2? Are they one and the same? Is that all that is needed to comply with the red and bold fonts warning?

Why is it that in PART 2 I'm required to find the iPhone Restore File in my computer? Isn't that file already loaded into my iPhone from PART 1?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Luiso; 2007-09-28 at 07:05 AM.

im having the same issue.....i just downloaded the itunes version update that i think is necesary. i hope i got the right one....but at this point im lost. so we need an iphone with 1.0.2 and what about itunes? what version do we need and how can we tell if we have it?

Quote Originally Posted by courtstarr24 View Post
    ...i hope i got the right one....
    You can check the version of iTunes you have from within iTunes' "About iTunes" menu item. The version that has been confirmed to work with the instructions here is version 7.4.1.

...so we need an iphone with 1.0.2...
    The firmware version on the iPhone needs to be at version 1.0.2 before you start the unlocking. That is what Part 1 of this guide is helping you to do.

Although, given the fact that version 1.1.1 of the iPhone firmware is now available. I am uncertain (as pointed out in my post 2 up) whether the action of Restoring the iPhone will automatically download version 1.1.1 of the iPhone firmware. If this happens it is extremely bad; at least for the time being, until iPhone Dev Team comes out with a fix.

PS: as far as I know the instructions (applications) here will NOT work with iTunes 7.4.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
    ... Why is it that in PART 2 I'm required to find the iPhone Restore File in my computer? Isn't that file already loaded into my iPhone from PART 1?
    In Part 2 of the guide you are specifying to iNdependence the location of the iPhone firmware 1.0.2 that you had downloaded manually.

Yes, you can use the iPhone firmware 1.0.2 that iTunes downloaded for you during the Restore of your iPhone, but you will have to first locate it on your Mac.
    Last edited by vinko; 2007-09-28 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

oh no i have 7.4.2 on my itunes....can this be reveresed? i know its been mentioned that you cant downgrade the firmware on the iphone but how about the itunes?

oh no i have 7.4.2 on my itunes....can this be reveresed? i know its been mentioned that you cant downgrade the firmware on the iphone but how about the itunes?
    If you're using Windows OS you can find old version of iTunes 7.4.1 from OldApp.com.

If you're on the Mac, I have yet to locate the old version of iTunes 7.4.1 I do have it on my Mac, but I don't think I simply copy it to another Mac. As there are other Frameworks that needs to be upgraded or downgraded depending on the case.

I use iTunes 7.3.9. All I did was use a older version of AppTapp which can be found on the AppTapp website. Also I believe you can use version 7.4.2 with the newer installer from the AppTapp website.

Exclamation Question 1.0.2 firmware
    I have the 1.0.2 firmware file download I just need to know how do I actually choose it. I know you hit option and click restore but finder won't choose the file because its just a folder, im not sure if this makes sense. Should I zip the file? That didnt work aswell.

what do they mean with "If you do not need your hand held"???
    I BUY BRIKED IPHONES $5 DLLS ANYONE?

Never mind I got it. Safari unzipped so just download it with firefox. I hope this helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dear All,

I have studied the instructions and then calming used them. They are great! I now have an unlocked iphone!

Thanks to everyone that helped out!

-Scott

I'm having a problem restoring the 1.0.2 to the iphone. I've downloaded the firmware but what file do I choose to open? After pressing option + restore, I seem to have a problem running the firmware. Can Anybody help? Thanks

Just reporting that T-Mobile now works flawlessly. There seemed to have been an issue with my foreign GSM card which prevented it from connecting to other than ATT.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast