Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone unlock OS X Part 1

Default Getting to 1.0.2 after new iPhone Software Update?
    So Apple plans to release new iPhone Software update (1.0.3?) this week. If I buy the iPhone on Saturday (after the new Software update has been released), would I still be able to use the method stated in "IPhone unlock OS X Part 1" to update my software to 1.0.2? Or would it turn into 1.0.3 and the rest of these procedures won't work for me?

BLACKSTANGV6,

Those two pieces of software are downloaded and installed via the AppTap software on your iPhone using a WiFi connection.

Quote Originally Posted by pipeartuz View Post
    Hi, first , thx for all the help that you give to all people who need to unlock the iphone... The think is that i have a problem, I do every step like you said but went I restart the iPhone and put my simcard , the iPhone still said that is not a valid simcard, i Don't know what happen , i have youtube and all the functions working and I did the unlock process twice. Plese Help me!!
    I'm delet the file that I was putted in the iphone and I restore the Iphone and did the process again , and still has the same message"your Iphone must be use with an apropied sim" Im getting crasy with that ... I don't know If with a process that I did before with ibrick in windows , and not working becosuse always in putty give me the number 1 not the 0 , so i don't know if is because of that , that this unlock not working... I appriciate your help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dear All,

Thanks for the valued information. I am off to buy my iphone today. Im a little nervous. On a scale of 1-10 how hard would you say it is to unlock when using this GUI tutorial?

It all looks clear by reading it and the few questions I had were answered.

Thanks in Advance,

Scott

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKSTANGV6 View Post
    Dear All,

Thanks for the valued information. I am off to buy my iphone today. Im a little nervous. On a scale of 1-10 how hard would you say it is to unlock when using this GUI tutorial?

Thanks in Advance,

Scott
    I have to say mmm 0. It is so easy, just follow step by step and u will get ur iPhone unlocked in the next minutes.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKSTANGV6 View Post
    Dear All,

Thanks in Advance,
    Scott,

As long as you don't get too excited [of your new toy] and follow each and every steps; including all the warnings you will be fine.

No matter which Apple Store you're purchasing your iPhone from, just assume it is an old version of the firmware and go through the instructions to restore the iPhone to firmware 1.0.2.

PS: which country and carrier will you be using your iPhone in?

@pf

Through AppTapp I normally install Community Sources + BSD + SSH. If I use iNdependence to add SSH, do I still need Community Sources and BSD subsystem.

My only requirement is to unlock iPhones, nothing else. No modding whatsoever.

BTW This guide is great. It works perfectly and by far the best guide till now.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

No, you can install SSH from iNdependence just fine and skip the others if you do not want Installer on there. I usually leave it on for folk anyway, since they like to have it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I'm doing the restore to 1.0.2 on a second phone today and Apple's server seems dead slow. It's going to be about an hour and 20 minutes before iTunes even downloads the thing. I wish I could just drop the 1.0.2 (which I have on the hard drive from the other update) into the library/itunes/iphone folder and get it to install. Hurry up and wait, I guess...

This is my story and maybe you can help. I unlocked an unregestered iphone and it worked great. my wife was using it for a few hours after and while listening to it she said that the music had just cut out. when she turned it back on it had the last screen (step 4 ) of the unlock process.
    ...*coping files
    ...*all files found...
    is this something that has been reported?
    The phone went into a "please connect to itunes loop and would not come out no matter how many times we hard booted it. It also would not conect to itunes. I took the phone back to itunes and got a new one but i am a bit weary to atempt this again if it is a known issue. Please advise.
    Great work BTW!!!
    JT

Thanks

Sounds like a random glitch, assuming you are running the 1.0.2 firmware!

Default Sim card
    Hi,
    Do we need a Sim card in the phone right from the start of process?

Thanks

Thanks

Yes. The ATT one it comes with.

Buying one from the Apple store without contract...so will sim card from other carrier do?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osxman View Post
    Buying one from the Apple store without contract...so will sim card from other carrier do?
    In the US, only T-Mobile and AT&T for annual service plan. If you already have a T-Mobile SIM, it should work fine. I've done this to two iPhones for my wife and me. Both are working great.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osxman View Post

Thanks
    They still come with an ATT SIM.

I restore my Iphone and did the same proces 5 times and still has the same message"your Iphone must be use with an apropied sim", I unlock an other friend Iphone and Im getting crasy with that ... I don't know If with a process that I did before with ibrick in windows , and not working becosuse always the putty program give me the number 1 not the 0 , so I don't know if is because of that , that your metod not working... I appriciate your help if you know about that.... sorry for mu bad English.

Yes I had a iPhone which some idiot ran the restore on after I unlocked it, to top it off he even threw away the ATT Simcard. Not having another iPhone nearby, I just plugged in my SIM(which is not ATT)

It unlocked fine. Just to let you know.

@pf, most people I unlock for are too dumb to use the installer, but I leave it on anyway. I ll try unlocking one without APPTAPP (and BSD and Comm Sources). Do I need to do anything extra if I just installed SSH thru independence?? Thanks

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast