Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone unlock OS X Part 1

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

No. You will have to download it. What do you mean every time? You should only have to do so once...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I have unlocked 12 Phones till now using your guide, and need to download BSD Subsystem Everytime. Can this be bypassed??

Also it seems the Null River server is down. Now what do I do.

Default 1.0.0 help please
    I've made a very terrible mistake.
    Me and my friend got our iphones on the same day. When we check the version of his iphone it was 1.02 and we did everything in this tutorial and everything went fine, but with my iphone I assume it was 1.02 because we bought it the same day but it was 1.0.0 and I didnt notice and I did the tutorial but now I cant get signal and in part 4 it says this problem has no fix yet.
    I was wondering if there is any fix yet, please?
    also, does someone knows if I can just return my iphone to apple?

Thank you.
    Sry for my bad English, I'm from Mexico and I haven't slept for 30 hours due to this problem.

Question Do we HAVE to use AppTap?
    poetic_folly,

In my quest to find the simplest Activation/Unlock solution, I have stumbled upon your Wiki. The instructions are well laid out and appear easy to follow. Luckily I'm an IT professional with many years of Unix and application development experience so I think I have an edge up on the noobs trying to do this.

That said, I always try to find the easiest and simplest way of doing things. My initial research into this lead me to believe I could do everything with iNdependece. I am not looking to install any other apps on the phone (except the unlocker) and will only ever by using a single SIM card. With that in mind, couldn't it all be done with iNdependence?

Default it worked but....
    First of all many thanks for the guide. It was quite clear and easy to follow.

At the end, the iphone is unlocked, works fine but without YouTube (any hint is very much appreciated).

I just wanted to share some of my issues encountered-

. first of all my itunes (7.4.2) refused to restore, it was a new clean install of Itunes, but no luck did not work (so I used my Win box with 7.3.2, and then no problems)
    - second Independence choked through the process, it finally worked at the 3d try.
    - AppTappInstaller did not work at all, had to go back to Win and there again no problems.
    - Might be an issue with my iTunes, I'll make a clean install again - Question, do you know if I need to start the process over to sync my iphone with my mac or it will automatically sync?

Any hints for YouTube Activation?

Many thanks again,

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    i am using itunes 7.4.2 and independence 1.2.

i cant get past part 2-step 2 because after i click activate phone and navigate to the restore file folder, i see that it is connecting to the iphone but after awhile i get an error message saying "FAILURE error entering recovery mode"

i already tried repeating part 1 again but i still get the same error message. anybody who can help? thanks
    Hi Garry,

I have the same problem, using a Mac powerbook. Has anybody found a way around this problem? I have a new iPhone delivered 20 September.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nitant View Post
    I have unlocked 12 Phones till now using your guide, and need to download BSD Subsystem Everytime. Can this be bypassed??

Also it seems the Null River server is down. Now what do I do.
    You can install SSH via iNdependence if you like. This will eliminate the need to install Installer.app.

Quote Originally Posted by lmiyar View Post
    Me and my friend got our iphones on the same day. When we check the version of his iphone it was 1.02 and we did everything in this tutorial and everything went fine, but with my iphone I assume it was 1.02 because we bought it the same day but it was 1.0.0 and I didnt notice and I did the tutorial but now I cant get signal and in part 4 it says this problem has no fix yet.

Thank you.
    Sry for my bad English, I'm from Mexico and I haven't slept for 30 hours due to this problem.
    I have not seen a fix yet. If you have removed the Installer and Unlock app, the phone will appear to be stock, and you can just return it to Apple saying you can't get any service.

Quote Originally Posted by InsanelyOne View Post
    ..I always try to find the easiest and simplest way of doing things. My initial research into this lead me to believe I could do everything with iNdependece. I am not looking to install any other apps on the phone (except the unlocker) and will only ever by using a single SIM card. With that in mind, couldn't it all be done with iNdependence?
    I assume you mean any other sim than the non-ATT one you have. In this case, yes, you could activate and install SSH with iNdependence, and do the rest of the guide from there. I do the method I wrote up because the greater majority enjoy Installer.app and having the ability to add 3rd party apps, so the extra 5 minutes it takes to add that as well is worth it. Good comments, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac_Z View Post
    Any hints for YouTube Activation?
    There are a couple guides floating around which supposedly fix this. Some do and some don't. I will look more into this soon. The issue is only with iPhone's unlocked in Windows - the OS X method doesn't break YouTube.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

lmiyar (2007-09-22)

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    There are a couple guides floating around which supposedly fix this. Some do and some don't. I will look more into this soon. The issue is only with iPhone's unlocked in Windows - the OS X method doesn't break YouTube.
    Actually it did. I did this on a mac. everything works but YouTube. I did find the guides to fix yooutube, none of them worked. Thanks for looking into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac_Z View Post
    Actually it did. I did this on a mac. everything works but YouTube. I did find the guides to fix yooutube, none of them worked. Thanks for looking into this.
    I found this
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...t=1.0.0+unlock
    It worked for me.
    good luck.

btw, im selling and iphone activated with no unlocking capabilities... that's what happens when you dont read the big red letters lol.

Default unable to activate
    I have a 4gig iphone just purchased today. Id like to recieve the same sucess others have had with the activation procedure..

i downgraded to itunes version 7.3.2 thinking it would be more compatible with the activation software (ie.. iActivator/iNdependance)

the jailbreak method works until it says "waiting for jailbreak..." and puts the iphone in recovery mode. I wait for at least 20 mins each time and everytime the iphone gets stuck on the blank apple logo.. and i have to hard reset it, it gives me the warning sign to connect to itunes i restore and update, and im stuck without a successful activation... am i doing something wrong??

PLZ HELP

Quote Originally Posted by rha View Post
    Hi Garry,

I have the same problem, using a Mac powerbook. Has anybody found a way around this problem? I have a new iPhone delivered 20 September.

Thanks
    Same problem... just bought the iPhone today... intel iMac 2.16GHz...

@pf

i tried installing ssh through independence, and the phone connects to cyberduck and i can browse the root drive but upload of files doesn't work, there is always an error when i try to upload lockdownd even if i try to disconnect and connect again. is there a different user and password when using ssh from indepence?

and then i tried to revert back to the original procedure and i can successfully upload file to the iphone.

thanks for your help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krispyy View Post
    I have a 4gig iphone just purchased today. Id like to recieve the same sucess others have had with the activation procedure..

i downgraded to itunes version 7.3.2 thinking it would be more compatible with the activation software (ie.. iActivator/iNdependance)

the jailbreak method works until it says "waiting for jailbreak..." and puts the iphone in recovery mode. I wait for at least 20 mins each time and everytime the iphone gets stuck on the blank apple logo.. and i have to hard reset it, it gives me the warning sign to connect to itunes i restore and update, and im stuck without a successful activation... am i doing something wrong??

PLZ HELP
    You'll need 7.4.1.

Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
    Same problem... just bought the iPhone today... intel iMac 2.16GHz...
    Same answer.

Just to be clear, is iTunes 7.4.1 the recommended version? I've read conflicting howto's that say 7.3.* is the one to use?

I'd like to add which version of iTunes is recommended to the wiki as it's one of the confusing points I have for an OS X unlock process.

(Unlocking a 4gb on a G4 in case CPU version matters)

The new unlocking methods use 7.4.*, upgrade and try again.
    good look

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lmiyar View Post

Thank you.
    DONT TRY THIS... THIS IS JUST AN IDEA I HAVE
    Try to Update the BaseBand to factory state using method mentioned somewhere else (This method is used for 1.0.2 so idk what will happen). Turn off the iPhone, then follow the Part1 steps mentioned in the MMi tutorial for Unlocking.

pf do u have any idea whats gonna happen following this?
    coz ure just reflashing the baseband...

Thumbs up Thank You!!!
    Poetic Folly, you wrote the unique and concise guide for unlocking that don't give any trouble, that it allows to use any sim (not the name of the app) that work flawlessly. I start it on my own iphone, then i help to a friend to do it in its own and then others ask me to help them.

I hope when the new firmware appears and a solution along with it you can help us in the same and very simple way.

I want to express my gratefulness because I spent hours and hours reading a lot of websites including the one who work on the solution and founding a big big problem when others want to translate the thoughts and experience expersingly in a very bad way.

They are great hackers but the worst writers.

Congratullations

Martano

Actually, i got it working on iTunes 7.4.2. Not sure how exactly, but a few minutes after I posted last night, it just worked!

Love my iPhone

Would I use Cyberduck to remove the Unlock button from the iPhone now?

Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
    Actually, i got it working on iTunes 7.4.2. Not sure how exactly, but a few minutes after I posted last night, it just worked!

Love my iPhone

Would I use Cyberduck to remove the Unlock button from the iPhone now?
    When all the unlock job have been done you can ssh again go to applications folder and delete unlock app without any risk.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast