Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock Activate Jailbreak 113 iPhone

Default Unlock Activate Jailbreak 113 iPhone
    Discussion thread for Unlock Activate Jailbreak 113 iPhone. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Any advantage to this Jailbreak over the dev team?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Works like a charm. I unlocked 4 phones with this today within 5 minutes each! A quick tip... if you pull the phone right out of the box or restore to 1.1.3 you have to connect the phone to the computer and open itunes first until the phone is recognized. Then quit iTunes and run ZiPhone.

If you just plug it in out of the box without running itunes first Ziphone will run for a few seconds and say "Done" but not run the program... Thanks everyone for the hard work and effort.

Default no service
    i restored the phone to 1.1.3 and the activated and jailbroke. Everything worked fine but no service. I have an at&T account but dont pay the $20 si have to jailbreak it evrytime. But anyways no service please help

Thanks

To start off, I have read through all articles and comments pertaining to these new developments and I am confident that this question in particular has not been asked before so here goes...

I am currently running a jailbroken, activated, and sim unlocked 1.1.3 iPhone. I used Nate Tru's method of activating 1.1.3 and so my question is...

1) is it worth it for me to restore my photo using iTUnes to 1.1.3 and then jailbreak and activate using this method.

2) before I go through this procedure, do I need to virginize my baseband, or will the phone remain sim unlocked after restoring to default 1.1.3

thanks for the help!

Success and great thanks. I unlocked both an old phone and a new 16GB phone. But no cigar yet as I remain with a problem. Neither YouTube nor Google Maps (locating) feature are working. YouTube says in cannot connect and Maps searching location icon just keeps spinning.

Would be great if we had an option to repair this but for now a guide would be great.

Thanks

Your locate me feature will not work b/c this method flashes your baseband to 4.02. You may be able to reflash it to 4.03 using the iClarified source.

As far as YouTube and other edge setting are concerned, I had to reset network setting (Settings > general > reset > reset network settings). After this install the BigBoss Experimental repository from Sources and install the 1.1.3 T-Mobile T-Zones fix. Restart your phone as instructed and this should clear up your issues.

Oh... this solution worked for unlocked phones on T-Mobile. If you are having issues with your valid AT&T account this does not apply.

Can anyone tell me where to find the "HW info" file I have a unlocked 1.1.2 jailbroke phone and need to know what BL I have. I have a week 44 phone also.

Thanks

This software is very risky, I restore an 1.1.2 activated an jailbreaked (but not unlocked) iPhone (4.6 botloader), after this I follow the instructions and when I hit Free your iPhone Button, ZiPhone freezed and I wait about 10 minutes. The iPhone was showing the apple logo. I force quit the application and I turn off and turn on the phone and in that moment, the screen turn black and scroll unix commands until only showed BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0 again and again.

I think this iPhone is down forever.

This is a very risky method donīt use it

Thanks

This is not risky if you follow the instructions. Did you RESTORE to 1.1.3 to start clean? Are you using the OSX GUI from MMI or did you download something else? windows?

Please be specific so we can help you..

1st, this worked like a charm!!! Things have come a long way from the 1hr hacking of original firmware.

In iTunes, why is there 1.57GB of "Other" in my storage space of 8GB? Did something not cleanup? I am lazy and haven't sftp to see where this junk is coming from. Just a heads up.

Exclamation Going from 1.0.2 to 1.1.3
    I have a week "36" iPhone v1.0.2 that is currently jailbroken and unlocked running on T-Mobile (YouTube and Safari working).

I have read through the new 1.1.3 "Unlock/Activate/Jailbreak" guide and it refers to restoring your iPhone to 1.1.3 using iTunes before running ZiPhone.

I was wanting to see if anyone knew if iTunes will allow you to download the new firmware update (not automatically install it) and when I go to restore my iPhone it will use the newly downloaded update for the restore?

Any advise is greatly appreciated, I just want to make sure I don't screw up my iPhone.

I have a 1.1.1 jailbroke/unlocked phone from week 43 bootloader 3_9 and am using CellularOne.

Do I need to upgrade to another version of the firmware or bootloader to use Ziphone 2.2?

Sorry, am new at this.

Appreciate your time and attention.

I have a 1.1.3 iphone, week 29 and have 2 questions.
    1> Do I need to RESTORE to 1.1.3 using iTunes?
    2> All I want to do is have installer.app and all my phone features, what boxes do i need to check for this to work? Jailbreak and Activate or just Jailbreak?

Used this method and it worked perfectly! Only problem is that my SMB themes arent working. I downloaded the new community sources and downloaded the bsd subsystems. What else do i need to download for them to start working?
    Last edited by CantModMyIfone; 2008-02-16 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The upgrade went well, thank you!

But there are some problems that I'd like to fix:
    -Cant reach the file system via Mac (Open SSH doesnt work)
    -Cant put ringtones throught SendSong... Any solution?
    -Customize doesnt run
    -iPhysic doesnt see the files i added in installer...

Pretty much thats it so far.

Any help is welcome,
    p

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, Thanks everyone!

I have just used the latest ZIphone ver2.3 from the ZI blog on my Iphone. Worked perfectly on my old ibook G4, running TIGER ver 10.4.11. The iphone was running 1.0.2 ver firmware. Just follow the 'unlock activate jalibreak 113 Iphone' guide, and use the latest ZIphone 2.3 software. Hope this has been useful, see ya Maloo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 1.0.2 to 1.1.3
    Hiho

I would like to know what am I supposed to do to upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.3 . I have an unlocked iPhone.

Do I need to make a Virgin Restore before doing something or just with upgrading to 1.1.3 via iTunes?

Thanks in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up 1.0.2 to 1.1.3
    Hi Canelo;
    before your start, go to Zibris and get the latest ZIphone 2.3 for Mac OSX at: http://www.ziphone.org/
    1. open itunes, and download to itunes the 1.1.3 update software
    2. then, connect your iphone. Itune will ask if you want to update and restore- grit your teeth and do this!
    3. then iphone will ask you to back up your current iphone- do this
    4 then, when finished this process, quit Itunes.
    5.then open Ziphone, click ALL three BOXES
    6. wiat for it to finish, do not touch anything.

7. then open Itunes, and RESYNC your iphone. No restore, not not update

tell me how you go, see ya Maloo

a simple and easy way to jailbreak my iphone. it was super quick and easy to use. kudos to mmi for such a great app.

Can I use this application to upgrade a jailbroken, activated, unlocked iPhone running 1.1.2 (it came with 1.1.2 but I had to downgrade to 1.1.1 then upgrade to 1.1.2 again using the previous hacking tool kits).

If if I can use this software on my hacked 1.1.2 iPhone, how should I proceed? If I just upgrade to 1.1.3 to start with I am worried that I will brick my iPhone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast