Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock Activate Jailbreak 113 iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by xover View Post
    ludicrously simple!

Was on 1.1.1 jailbroken / unlocked (with anysim ) / week 38 iphone.
    This was performed on macbook running 10.5.2 ( leopard )
    Running itunes 7.6

* while itunes and iphone still in above state ran ZiPhone with all 3 of the standard options selected ( Jailbreak, Activate and unlock ) and clicked "start"

Simplest jailbreak / unlock I have EVER DONE!

Thanks to everyone who worked on ZiPhone.
    I thought you had to quit iTunes before running ZiPhone. Do you confirm you were running iTunes and ZiPhone at the same time?

Also, does your WiFi store work?

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I closed iTues before I used ZiPhone. Almost at the end my iTunes opened but I didnt press anything. I just waited til ZiPhone finished.

okay can i use the Ziphone jailbreak?
    I have a 4.6 BL
    -1.1.2 OTB Jailbroken

The part I'm confused is that it says you need to have An AT&T PLAN. I have AT&T but I have a prepaid SIM in there (Pay As You Go) so techniqally I don't have an actaul service plan with AT&T. Im just using a prepaid sim from another phone in my iphone.

SO MY QUESTION IS CAN I USE THE ZIPHONE GUIDE?

Default Help I screwed up.
    So I had a working 1.1.3 I restored in iTunes to 1.1.3 and I used the old Ziphone from here. After it doing its job I did not have any service. So I restored the phone to BL 3.9 with the new version (2.4) of ZiPhone OSX. Not I have following error message. (repair needed iphone cannot make or receive any calls). I Hard DFU'd the iPhone and now I get following message.

"The iPhone cannot be used with itunes because the SIM card is PIN locked or not installed. You must enter your SIM PIN or insert your SIM card into your phone in order to activate it"

The iPhone had no info on the start screen (no IMEI and the second info)

I think I screwed up pretty good.

PLEASE HELP
    THANKS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nirav464 View Post
    okay can i use the Ziphone jailbreak?
    I have a 4.6 BL
    -1.1.2 OTB Jailbroken

The part I'm confused is that it says you need to have An AT&T PLAN. I have AT&T but I have a prepaid SIM in there (Pay As You Go) so techniqally I don't have an actaul service plan with AT&T. Im just using a prepaid sim from another phone in my iphone.

SO MY QUESTION IS CAN I USE THE ZIPHONE GUIDE?
    i would say yes, follow the guide...

I think you would need to insert your prepaid sim, then on the ziphone program click the boxes for activating, jailbreaking if you want it, but maybe Not the unlock part since it is an ATT sim (even though a prepaid sim). Im not sure. But any edge data you use, you will have to pay for since you dont have unlimited data that comes with the iphone plan.

thats what i would do if i were you, but ive never tried the prepaid sims.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tmas73 View Post
    So I had a working 1.1.3 I restored in iTunes to 1.1.3 and I used the old Ziphone from here. After it doing its job I did not have any service. So I restored the phone to BL 3.9 with the new version (2.4) of ZiPhone OSX. Not I have following error message. (repair needed iphone cannot make or receive any calls). I Hard DFU'd the iPhone and now I get following message.

"The iPhone cannot be used with itunes because the SIM card is PIN locked or not installed. You must enter your SIM PIN or insert your SIM card into your phone in order to activate it"

PLEASE HELP
    THANKS
    Try to restore to 1.1.3 and then use the newest ZiPhone. Just use the standard Options (Activate, Jailbreak and Unlock). Close iTunes before running ZiPhone.

I had the same problem (No service), got that message and Bluetooth was "Unavailable". I just did what I said above and got it working.

Hope this helps.

Canelo~
    Last edited by Canelo; 2008-02-20 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
    I thought you had to quit iTunes before running ZiPhone. Do you confirm you were running iTunes and ZiPhone at the same time?

Also, does your WiFi store work?

Thanks
    I did not quit itunes or its helper. Read the readme that comes with ziphone and the blarb below the download links on his site. I quote from www.ziphone.org

Some common mistakes:

iTunes should not be killed. ZiPhone is against violence
    and just ignores it and it's helper.

It says that the guide is lepoard only. Does that mean ZiPhone won't work on tiger? Bought the new ipod touch and NEED installer .app
    Last edited by meheren; 2008-02-20 at 09:51 PM. Reason: clarify

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Im trying to Jailbreak my friends phone. I've already done mine using the older dev team method so I havent tried this one on my phone. But its not doing anything at all? I click jailbreak and the run it does something for all of 5 seconds and says its done, but nothing changes?

c/n: its b0rked

So the only way to get service on my phone is to use the "Downgrade 4.6 BL to 3.9 & Flash/unlock" function in Ziphone. If I restore in iTunes, I will have service but when I use ZiPhone the service will not work (No Service). Why is it not working for me?

Quote Originally Posted by tmas73 View Post

PLEASE HELP
    THANKS
    Last edited by tmas73; 2008-02-21 at 12:45 AM.

Hi there, first time poster, long time reader . I purchased a 1.0.2 week 34 iphone that had been upgraded to 1.1.3 via itunes and used ziphone 2.1 to unlock, jailbreak, and activate my iphone... and it worked. my phone works with rogers, all native programs work, youtube, wifi... only weird thing is that if i use installer app or anything that i have downloaded from the installer if i turn my phone off it will not turn back on. any thoughts (i'm assuming it's either got something to do with the code for the downloaded programs, or the fact that i used ziphone 2.1)?

Default ziphone
    To answer few of the questions here, based on my experience.

1/. I had a week 38 1.0.2 iPhone, unlocked last year using the guide on these esteemed pages (http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...ck_OS_X_Part_1) and using iNdependence.

In iTunes 7.6 (running on Leopard v. 10.5.2) I took a deep breath and upgraded to 1.1.3.
    I then used ZiPhone 2.4 (from http://www.downloadziphone.org/) and checked all 3 boxes (jail break, activate and unlock). I did not turn off iTunes or disable the iTunes helper in Activity Monitor.
    It ran for 2' 30" and gave an error message Error: ziphone returned 1. However on starting the iPhone everything worked fine.
    I did not restore any backup data using iTunes yet all contacts, tunes, photos, videos etc. were in place as were Installer Apps. However, the latter were invisible and only reappeared on re-installing Summerboard.
    My customised ringtones were lost as was the changed phone number format. For these I'd hacked the Library files on the iPhone using Cyberduck. This no longer works and Installer will not allow me to uninstall (so I can reinstall) OpenSSH - it gives an error message "Main script execution failed!".
    I can not uninstall (only reinstall) BSB Subsystem.
    I've since changed the ring tones by exporting sound files (max 30 sec long) in Quicktime using "Movie to iPod" which creates a file with a .m4v extension. Rename this with an .m4r extension (and make sure there's a gap before the extension, e,g. "sound .m4r") then File>Import... it into iTunes where it will appear in the Ringtones section and will download to the iPhone using Sync before appearing in Settings>General>Sounds>Ringtone.

2/. I've also since unlocked two out of the box 1.1.2 iPhones using the same procedure. However, the Phone function did not work - the Phone app would quit on opening or when a key on the keypad was pressed.

I then upgraded both iPhones to 1.1.3 in iTunes, ran ZiPhone again and they work fine.

If you have a problem first time, restore the iPhone to 1.1.3 and run ZiPhone again (or as many times as necessary).

This is a quite brilliant piece of software and incredibly - almost worryingly - easy to use. After spending so many hours hacking previous iPhones I was slightly deflated when it finished with a "is that really it" feeling. What can I say. Z has done all the work so we don't have to. He should be borne shoulder-high, through cheering masses of iPhone users, rose petals strewn in his path, to the sound of heavenly choirs ... or at the very least, sent a few dollars through PayPal.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to robdxb For This Useful Post:

itchy11jr (2008-02-26)

everything worked fine for me. I had a 1.0.2 phone that i unlocked, then upgraded to 1.1.1 and unlocked. I restored to 1.1.3 (w itunes 7.6) and used all 3 options in ziphone v2.4. got the 1 error message that most people mentioned, everything works. the google find me feature and the youtube works.

Any news on a Tiger version yet?

Thanks

ziphone 2.4 works for tiger. How do i know? I used it on tiger.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tyfly867 For This Useful Post:

hosera80 (2008-02-27)

I just jailbroke my phone on Tiger with Ziphone 2.4 no flaws. You need to update the intro to this thread. I would have done it a few days ago if it wasn't for that.

This looks very promising... only a few questions before I proceed.

Firstly here is my info:

I have an 8GB iphone week 48, so it's 4.6 Bootloader and was 1.1.2 OTB. Currently the phone is Jailbroken and I'm using it via StealthSim.

1) If I do this update should I remove my StealthSim? Will I need it any longer?
    2) I'm still using iTunes 7.5 should I upgrade to 7.6.1 before completing this? B) I downloaded the 1.1.3 Firmware, should I option-click to Restore in iTunes?
    3) When I sync back with my iTunes, will all my original apps be there, or will I need to reinstall them via installerapp?

Thanks to all those working hard to unlock the iphone, we in Canada definitely appreciate it.

Sorry, just to confirm, this works fine on Tiger as well as Leopard? I'm also running from a PPC mac if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by dipesh14; 2008-03-07 at 11:08 PM.

i have 1.1.1. at&t iphone jailbreak can i use this to upgrade to 1.1.3 with no problem and it said in the guide if you have 1.1.1 you need to do a additional step what step is that please help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123