Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Downgrade 1.1.3 to 1.1.1

  1. #1
    Default Downgrade 1.1.3 to 1.1.1
    Discussion thread for Downgrade 1.1.3 to 1.1.1. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    Posts
    264
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 53 Times in 27 Posts

    The downgrade firmware doesn't work. With 7.5, I get an error 1. I know it's supposed to be an error 1015. The firmware didn't downgrade, it just results in an error after this:

    -->
    Last edited by Numberzz; 2008-01-19 at 11:06 PM.

  3. #3
    Exclamation help
    i get the same error, and INdependance will not load either... im stuck on the connect to itunes screen without the emergency slider... someone help please

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    Posts
    264
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 53 Times in 27 Posts

    After messing around with my iPhone for a while it wouldn't even boot, but I did this. Unplug it from your computer. Make sure it's on, and then hold the power button and the home button. When the iPhone turns off, release the power button, but keep holding the home button. Plug it in. It should restore to 1.1.3. We're back where we started. I am working on something that will probably be done by tomorrow. I'll let everyone know :P
    EDIT: Just wanted to point out that it will take REALLY long to restore, like you think it won't work, but it will.
    Last edited by Numberzz; 2008-01-20 at 01:54 AM.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

    MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

  5. #5
    Ignore this post..

    I change my mind.
    Last edited by Trent J.; 2008-01-20 at 02:46 AM.
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

  6. #6
    Damn It!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

  7. #7
    I have tried this method with iTunes 7.4, 7.4.2, 7.5, and 7.6, and none of them worked. I got error (1) on all of them

  8. #8
    HI there

    Can anyone tell me a website from where i can buy SAFESIM to unlock iphone

  9. #9
    ok if u get error 1 then you aren't in dfu mode. Get into dfu mode and restore to firmware 1.1.1 and then you will be stuck at the activation screen with a sim error. Use the *#305# method to get to safari and run appsnap, now you have a jailbroken ipod with a possibilty of getting phone functions back.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackme View Post
    ok if u get error 1 then you aren't in dfu mode. Get into dfu mode and restore to firmware 1.1.1 and then you will be stuck at the activation screen with a sim error. Use the *#305# method to get to safari and run appsnap, now you have a jailbroken ipod with a possibilty of getting phone functions back.
    What are you talking about?!?!? I AM IN DFU MODE! I have the cable with the arrow pointing to the itunes logo, that's DFU mode, isn't it?

  11. #11
    Retired Moderator stlcaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 128 Times in 90 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Vex14 View Post
    What are you talking about?!?!? I AM IN DFU MODE! I have the cable with the arrow pointing to the itunes logo, that's DFU mode, isn't it?
    DFU mode is when you press and HOLD the SLEEP button and HOME button until the screen goes black for a least 4 seconds, then release the SLEEP button while still holding the HOME button....itunes will then say IPHONE IS IN RESTORE MODE...or something like that....then your in DFU mode......hope that helps

  12. #12
    <Line Removed>
    Last edited by CrystalFire; 2008-02-04 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Better explanation by stlcaddie plus info not needed

  13. #13
    Yeah, I know what it is and I'm in it right now, but still getting error 1's exclusively.
    Last edited by Vex14; 2008-01-24 at 12:01 AM.

  14. #14
    Ok you shouldnt be getting error 1 if you are doing it right, i havent tried 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 directly but i did go from 1.1.3 to 1.0.0 up to 1.1.1. I wasnt able to get full gsm functions though

  15. #15
    Thumbs up restore mode(s)
    WARNING:
    before you do that make sure you back up your contacts, sync them with outlook or w/e because i didnt and in the process of dowgrading my backup got overwritten by stupid itunes and i lost all my contacts, and idk if i can get them back now.

    ok let me clarify: there are 2 types of restore mode that you can put your phone into:
    -the traditional resote mode that you get into by holding the home button for a little while when your phone is booting (yall who get (1) error are in that mode and its not the one you need)
    -hidden restore mode, which is the one you need to get into to downgrade your phone successfully. to get into this restore mode, you have plug in and turn off your phone first. then open itunes. then, press and hold both sleep and home buttons for EXACTLY 10 seconds and release the sleep button while still holding the home button for EXACTLY 10 more seconds, then release the home button. and by saying exactly im not exaggerating - look at your watch as you are doing this. your screen will remain dark but itunes will discover your phone in restore mode - then continue with the downgrade instructions.

    i hope that helps yall.

    PS. tested on the iphone but should work the same way on itouch. i used itunes 7.4.2 but other versions should work as well - report your progress on later versions of itunes if this works for you.
    Last edited by s1ck; 2008-01-24 at 04:47 AM. Reason: lost all my contacts, dont want that to happen to other ppl

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to s1ck For This Useful Post:

    CrystalFire (2008-01-24), dangles8837 (2008-01-26), macleodthefirst (2008-02-29), toshikun (2008-01-25)

  17. #16
    Before i got error (1) but after i follow s1ck method. It's work! Thank you.

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ck View Post
    WARNING:
    before you do that make sure you back up your contacts, sync them with outlook or w/e because i didnt and in the process of dowgrading my backup got overwritten by stupid itunes and i lost all my contacts, and idk if i can get them back now.

    ok let me clarify: there are 2 types of restore mode that you can put your phone into:
    -the traditional resote mode that you get into by holding the home button for a little while when your phone is booting (yall who get (1) error are in that mode and its not the one you need)
    -hidden restore mode, which is the one you need to get into to downgrade your phone successfully. to get into this restore mode, you have plug in and turn off your phone first. then open itunes. then, press and hold both sleep and home buttons for EXACTLY 10 seconds and release the sleep button while still holding the home button for EXACTLY 10 more seconds, then release the home button. and by saying exactly im not exaggerating - look at your watch as you are doing this. your screen will remain dark but itunes will discover your phone in restore mode - then continue with the downgrade instructions.

    i hope that helps yall.

    PS. tested on the iphone but should work the same way on itouch. i used itunes 7.4.2 but other versions should work as well - report your progress on later versions of itunes if this works for you.
    i have 1.1.1 jailbreaked and unlocked i accedentelly update to 1.1.3 but when i want to downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 always i have an error message

    i tried ur solution to enter a boot mode with exactly 10sec but itumes not recognise the iphone when i release the two buttons at 10sec and phone power off.

    plz any help to restore my iphone to 1.1.1 ?????????

    i forgot something i have 04.03.13 baseband firmware after upgrade to 1.1.3

    that's normally? i can restored to 1.1.1 jailbreaked and unlocked ??
    Last edited by micmac2004; 2008-01-25 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #18
    http://www.hackthatphone.com/113/iph...grade_113.html

    this is the guide you need to follow micmac 2004

  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackme View Post
    http://www.hackthatphone.com/113/iph...grade_113.html

    this is the guide you need to follow micmac 2004
    sorry man this guide not help me because i have 1.1.2 with 4.2.13g locked before i upgrade to 1.1.3

    then i need to restore my baseband from 4.03.13_g to 4.02.13_g

    plz any other help???

  21. #20
    please tell me what error you do you get when you are trying to restore back to 1.1.1 and exactly on which step of the original guide does your proccess fail. ill try to help you from there on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •