Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting Started iPhone Modding OS X current

Default Getting Started iPhone Modding OS X current
    Discussion thread for Getting Started iPhone Modding OS X current. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Have to say brilliant instructions. Recommend one small tweak though (to avoid the pot-hole I encountered): include reminder to Quit iNdependence. I didn't and when I tried to restore to 1.1.2 I got a 1015 error from Itunes. After a couple of kicks at the can I realize iNdependence was running and quitting allowed the restore to work properly.
    Last edited by BigDaddyHaddy; 2007-12-08 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Default Activation Issue (no ring at #307# call sequence)
    Updated from 1.02 to 1.1.2, 4.02.13_G.

Followed the guide, but activation on page 2 does not work. When I put in #307# and press Call, it doesn't ring.

Any suggestions?

Actually, I couldn't check the SIM PIN after downgrading to 1.1.1 (stuck in restore mode).
    I am on AT&T, so no need for or history of unlock with my iPhone.
    When I put my iPhone back to 1.1.2, the PIN is off, Is that the default with my AT&T SIM for 1.1.1 as well? Did I miss something here?

I really need a solution for OSX that works, and if this is it, I would appreciate someone letting me know what I might be doing wrong.

(cross-post from [GUIDE] OS X 1.1.2, jailbreak, activation)
    There are 10 types of people in the world...
    ...those that understand binary and those that have friends.

iMac (2.8 GHz, 4GB, OS X 10.5.8) | iPhone 3G (16GB, White)
    | iPod Touch 8GB

Default itunes doesn't give option to downgrade to 1.1.1
    I got an iphone with 1.1.2 OTB;
    I tried the instructions to jailbreak the phone, but when I get it to go into recovery mode and select 'Restore' from itunes, it automatically tries to put back 1.1.2, and won't give me the option to select 1.1.1 or any other firmware..

Is this expected?
    I don't need to SIM break the phone since I already have a data account with ATT, but want to be able to install various apps. Is this possible with 1.1.2 OTB?
    thanks

never mind.. I was being stupid; was not holding Option when selecting Restore.
    Last edited by pmp33; 2007-12-15 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Very great guide! Im not really techno savy and this made it super easy. couple of questions when I downloaded INdependence for some reason the mobdev tool isnt in the the folder... I got as far as tweeks 1.1.1 and installed that program and got an error (1603) which then threw my phone in to restore mode... did I do something wrong (is not having the mobdev tool the problem? because I didnt run that I didnt run frame work) lmk

I have a question...

When your at 1.1.2 and about to jailbreak... dont to have to change the settings so that it will never lock? Or did it save from before?

Also... Can't I just leave it on the dial pad to install jailbreak or do I have to be on the Slide for emergency screen?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is an Intel Mac required to do this? Thanks

Ok... so maybe I'm retarded... highly possible, actually... but here's my dilemma --

I'm trying to make my iphone go to 1.1.1 so I can do this jailbreak thing. I've seen it on other phones... it's hella sick!

1) I've downloaded all of the stated necessary files and put them on my desktop.
    2) I hold down the sleep and home buttons and I get the "restore" bit...
    3) I go to restore... and I can't find a freakin "Option" button. I've tried holding control, alt, and ctrl/alt together. Nothing. I automatically get tossed back into 1.1.2.

Now here's why I think I might be retarded... do I have to have a Mac computer to be able to do this, or will my PC work? And if that's the case... could you help me find the right place to go to use my PC to make this work?

Thanks!!!

could someone help me out?
    I can't find the mobdev tool

i can not fine the file that is need of you are running itunes 7.5 i believe it is meldev tool or something it didnt come with the indapendance file thing which ihave i just need the tool to use it. can anyone tell me where i can get it?

I've followed this guide and it's great - cheers.

However, if I do a normal restore in iTunes after doing it can I go back to a fully legit iPhone just as it was before with no issues?
    Cheers.

I'm on a windows not mac.. which program should I use instead of iNdependence ?

hye guys
    great guide did it all in a day
    but nw i got a huge problem !!
    i installed anySIM 1.2.1u an started it
    it was going fine and then suddenly itr came back to the black screene and apple logo !!
    not it just keeps up that loading circle and even after restarting it (holding doen thw power buton) it keeps doing this !!
    im totally freaked.. is this what happens when ur cell is BRICKED !?!?!
    please help somebody !!

iPhone? More like MyPhone cybergeek2021's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by epatchadams View Post

Ok... so maybe I'm retarded... highly possible, actually... but here's my dilemma --

I'm trying to make my iphone go to 1.1.1 so I can do this jailbreak thing. I've seen it on other phones... it's hella sick!

1) I've downloaded all of the stated necessary files and put them on my desktop.
    2) I hold down the sleep and home buttons and I get the "restore" bit...
    3) I go to restore... and I can't find a freakin "Option" button. I've tried holding control, alt, and ctrl/alt together. Nothing. I automatically get tossed back into 1.1.2.

Now here's why I think I might be retarded... do I have to have a Mac computer to be able to do this, or will my PC work? And if that's the case... could you help me find the right place to go to use my PC to make this work?

Thanks!!!
    you need to hold down the shift button while clicking on a pc

Quote Originally Posted by acelera View Post
    I'm on a windows not mac.. which program should I use instead of iNdependence ?
    use the program iBrickr
    Last edited by cybergeek2021; 2007-12-30 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!

Default Completely confused
    I have followed the insructions and download the software needed to unlock my iPhone. purchased my phone on 10/28/07 does this mean it came with 1.1.2 firmware? And this is why when I start the restore in iTunes it doesn't ask which firmware to restore to? How do i tell which firmware the phone came out of the box with?

And if it came with 1.1.2 what I am reading there is no way to unlock the iPhone at this time correct?

need help ... how did you get this to do this I can't get it to ;load anything but the 1.1.2
    Last edited by brat220; 2007-12-31 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a PPC Mac, can I do this or do i need an Intel Mac? Thanks again!

Thanks

Red face It's a sad, sad day...
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyJH View Post
    Updated from 1.02 to 1.1.2, 4.02.13_G.

Followed the guide, but activation on page 2 does not work. When I put in #307# and press Call, it doesn't ring.

Any suggestions?

Actually, I couldn't check the SIM PIN after downgrading to 1.1.1 (stuck in restore mode).
    I am on AT&T, so no need for or history of unlock with my iPhone.
    When I put my iPhone back to 1.1.2, the PIN is off, Is that the default with my AT&T SIM for 1.1.1 as well? Did I miss something here?

I really need a solution for OSX that works, and if this is it, I would appreciate someone letting me know what I might be doing wrong.

(cross-post from [GUIDE] OS X 1.1.2, jailbreak, activation)
    You can see the situation in which I was stuck (quoted from 13 December). Well, just before Christmas, I finally got really impatient with my jailed iPhone. Having made every effort to jailbreak using both a PPC Mac G4 and an Intel based MacBook Pro to no avail, and finding no guidance for this failure, I went over to the dark side...
    ...I broke my iPhone out of jail using my Windows PC at work and iBrickr, which worked flawlessly.

Yes, it is truly a sad, sad day when I must resort to using PC over my Macs to get my iPhone to cooperate. Maybe this was a form of correction. Yeah, that's it. It was punishment for being iBad.

On the bright side, this ended my 2-week long OTB experience on 1.1.2. It's quite amazing how quickly one can become accustomed to the add-ons. They make the iPhone experience so much richer.

I really love the new horizontal scrolling in SMB over the vertical, but also really liked the blank app (" .app") and mini-dock, which I previously used to keep the initial screen clear to show off the background graphics.

Sad day = happy day.
    I'm so mixed up (shakes head and smiles).
    There are 10 types of people in the world...
    ...those that understand binary and those that have friends.

iMac (2.8 GHz, 4GB, OS X 10.5.8) | iPhone 3G (16GB, White)
    | iPod Touch 8GB

I am also trying to figure out where to find the "MobDev Tool" that instructions says is included in the iNdependence tool and it is not there. I know that this questions is already asked by other people but I didn't see any response from anyone on this thread.
    Please let me know where I can find this tool so I can proceed forward.

Thanks for help

Exclamation works with already at&t activated?
    Hello, I just got my iPhone less than a week ago.
    Do i need to check anything else besides the firmware version (1.1.2) to make sure this walkthrough will work?

Also I already activated through at&t (since unlocking isnt possible without hardware)
    is that going to affect how this plays out?
    I didnt see any mention of whether or not at&t had been activated prior to beginning this procedure.
    Please respond as soon as possible, Im anxious to get some more apps on my phone!

Hi guys:
    I followed the guide and was able to jailbroke it without any problem. Please note that there is no need for the mod dev tool with the latest Independence software.

On a different note, can anyone tell me how to restore the jailbroken 1.1.2 OTB back to its original state?
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast