Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock the iPhone 1.1.2 (Upgrade)

Default Unlock the iPhone 1.1.2 (Upgrade)
    Discussion thread for Unlock the iPhone 1.1.2 (Upgrade). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lalala For This Useful Post:

zua98 (2007-12-04)

I did this exact process and no luck.

I am running a legit att iphone sim, jailbroken via oktoprep 1.1.2 . It had never been unlocked before.
    My phone was purchased early september OTB 1.0.2.

WHen i insert a non legit att sim, i get no signal. The carrier options are in settings, but they are grayed out.

I was going on an extended vacation down to mexico for winter, and wanted to be unlocked...

Would onesim revert me back to normal? (baseband 04.02.13_G)
    I could really careless about having it for my vacation anymore...

Or should i try again?

EDIT- What anySIM mean by "Please make sure your new SIM is in your phone"
    should i put my legit att sim, other carrier sim, or an unactivated att sim that came on another iphone? (which i have from previous unlocks to other phones)???

I ran my unlock with a SIM from another carrier (telcel from mexico)
    Last edited by davalos; 2007-12-01 at 09:37 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i am in no way an expert at this, but i was in the same boat , so i searched and came over the unlock procedure on hack the iphone, does exactly what it says on the tin, if you do exactly what it says on the guide, took me about 8-9 attempts to jailbreak the phone, so thought it might not work......... but hey faith restored and now have an unlocked jailbroken upgraded 1.1.2, regards hope this helps

I'm a little unsure of the jailbreaking process involved for 1.1.2. Does OktoPrep do it?

How?

The guide sort of skips over that.

Quote Originally Posted by daveparki View Post
    i am in no way an expert at this, but i was in the same boat , so i searched and came over the unlock procedure on hack the iphone, does exactly what it says on the tin, if you do exactly what it says on the guide, took me about 8-9 attempts to jailbreak the phone, so thought it might not work......... but hey faith restored and now have an unlocked jailbroken upgraded 1.1.2, regards hope this helps
    I dont understand what you just said. Your first unlock attempt was a success? Or did you have to run the unlock several times?
    My first attempt at a jailbreak worked, but the unlock didnt....
    SO do you suggest i run the unlock again?

Everything in this manual worked as it should,
    1.1.2, modem firmware 04.02.18_G
    but then:
    - when i try to dial a phonenumber on the keypad it crashes when i hit a number.
    - when i receive a call it goes back to the slide to unlock screen, and caller directly goes to my voicemail.
    - if i open sms it crashes

i had a fully functional (unlocked etc) 1.1.1 T-mobile NL.

any sugestestions would be nice.

[edit 1 hour later]
    after reading the forums here and there I found the solution:
    just install iWorld via installer -> tweaks 1.1.2 to set up your country.
    did the job for me... pfew
    Last edited by frankie; 2007-12-02 at 01:19 AM. Reason: found the solution

I had no trouble with the upgrade - worked as described, and I appreciated the tip about iWorld - but now I've lost the parentheses around my area codes. About to go hunting through the forum for that.

But, the 1.1.2 upgrade worked great. Thanks

First, a huge thanks to Poetic Folly and the developers who have done great work now and in the past to help us (especially such as I who are living outside of the US) to free our phones from the tyranny that is AT&T.

I myself started with an already unlocked 1.1.1 iPhone (previously unlocked using Independence and anySim per the ModMyI Guide). Using this guide I was able to successfully update to 1.1.2 with everything working and without any glitches whatsoever.

Here are some comments which I think might prove helpful to others thinking about following in my footsteps.

I had several third-party apps installed on my unlocked 1.1.1 iPhone before I began the process. I was able to run the OKtoPrep application. When I connected the iPhone to my iTunes (on Intel Mac running Leopard) v. 7.4.2, I did not get a message to "Set Up New iPhone". Instead, iTunes 7.4.2 recognized my iPhone. I selected the Update button, which downloaded firmware 1.1.2. Once downloaded, I had to again press the Update button and agree to automatically download future updates before it would start the install.

The install went smoothly. From start to finish I had my foreign sim card in the iPhone (and never needed to take it out through the entire unlock process). The install did not brick my iphone despite the fact that I had several third-party apps on it (this must be the result of the OKtoPrep software).

Once installed and jailbreaked, I found that my SMS was not working. I installed iWorld, selected my country and this solved the problem.

Once up and running with 1.1.2, I found that my pre-existing third party applications, while not causing any difficulty during the install, jailbreak and unlock, had disappeared afterwards.

However, my songs and videos remained unaffected. They were all still there as they were before the install process began. I noticed, however, when i first played some the speaker volume was low. I powered off and on and the volume was restored to normal.

My notepad (which I had forgotten to backup via email as I have done before) also was unaffected. All my notes were still there (Whew!).

My calendar and contacts were also not wiped by the upgrade/jailbreak/unlock. Same was true of my email settings--I had all my existing email and was able to download new email without having to reenter any settings.

Same was also true of photos and weather settings.

Interestingly enough, in the iPhone iTunes WiFi store app, my purchases via the iPhone were no longer listed in downloads. The songs themselves were, however, still available in the iPod app.

Also all my ringtones installed using iToner were also still there and working.

I have reinstalled Summerboard and several other third-party apps, which seem to work fine on the new firmware.

Overall, the 1.1.2 upgrade does seem a touch more responsive (just barely noticeable, although I have only just started using it). The web surfing seems a bit faster as well (while download speed is the same, it seems to assemble and put up the page faster).

Hope these comments are helpful.

Default New OTB on Dec 01 - Update, Jailbreak, & Unlock
    Hey,

I purchased an iPhone on Dec 01.

I downgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbroke, using the provided method, then I upgraded in iTunes to 1.1.2 and jailbroke again. Both worked flawlessly by following the method in this post. Out of curiosity I tried to unlock (by following the instructions here) and had no joy. When anySIM attempted to run it finished with the error "AnySIM" can not unlock this phone please restart.

I assume this means that you can not unlock an iPhone purchased as of Dec 01. Happily it is Jailbroken and I can install apps and such. If there is another solution out there that might work, I would be happy to hear it. I am hoping to give this to my wife for Christmas.

Thanks and hope this helps anyone thinking of unlocking after Dec 01 with a brand new iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by chasev2 View Post
    I'm a little unsure of the jailbreaking process involved for 1.1.2. Does OktoPrep do it?

How?

The guide sort of skips over that.
    I upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.2 yesterday,
    Its not as difficult as it seems, buti had problems jailbreaking 1.1.2 for some reason.
    The way i managed it in the end was using iDemocracy (for windows)

Now its all up and running i cant see any noticable difference from 1.0.2 - i do miss the vertical scrolling in summerboard.
    Last edited by mopplecrump; 2007-12-02 at 09:00 PM.

I tried running this anysim 1.2.1 for 04.02.13_g, again after running it (see first post) and it not being succesful.

The 2nd time, anysim is telling me that it cannot unlock my phone. This phone was purchased on september 11, it came with 1.0.2, so it is not the new bootloader.

Any help?? I dont really care much for unlocking it anymore. Can I run onesim, or downgrade back to 1.0.2 and revirginize my iphone, than do the entire upgrading back to 1.1.2 (I have a legit att sim)??

I just want my phone back to normal.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to davalos For This Useful Post:

batman2010 (2007-12-22)

Default Worked great for me
    Hi i just did this upgrade from 1.1.1 and it worked like a charm,

The only thing left out was the part at the end where if you have a foreign sim card (mine is Australian) you will get a crash when you try to use your phone or sms. This is easily fixed by simply installing iworld from the installer as a final step.

Also it is a big ambiguous about setting up a new phone with itunes, i updated mine without setting up a new phone after installing oktoprep and it didn't seem to have a problem with that.

Good luck.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Treeml For This Useful Post:

batman2010 (2007-12-22)

Hi there Im from Spain and upgraded the iphone ti 1.1.2(3B48b) everything works except that I cant make phone calls. Already installed the Iworld aplication but still Anysim says it cant unblock my sim card and to restart my phone.
    Anyone knows a solution????
    Thanks

Unhappy Bump in the Road - No Luck w/process
    On Mac, you have to be careful when opening independence beta. Once Indi recognized my phone, iTunes started up again and tried to activate. I don't think this was supposed to happen so I Force Quit iTunes to keep Activate screen on phone.

At end of step 2, PF writes that phone should be activated and jailbroken 1.1.1. My phone was not activate (didn't see AT&T in carrier icon) but it was jailbroken on the proper F/W. At step 3, following add as new phone in iTunes and then updating, I got a 1065 error...I WAS SOOOOO CLOSE.

Any tips for this error.
    I'ts nice to be important, but more important to be NICE!

Unhappy Bump in the Road - No Luck w/process
    On Mac, you have to be careful when opening independence beta. Once Indi recognized my phone, iTunes started up again and tried to activate. I don't think this was supposed to happen so I Force Quit iTunes to keep Activate screen on phone.

At end of step 2, PF writes that phone should be activated and jailbroken 1.1.1. My phone was not activate (didn't see AT&T in carrier icon) but it was jailbroken on the proper F/W. At step 3, following add as new phone in iTunes and then updating, I got a 1065 error...I WAS SOOOOO CLOSE.

Any tips for this error.
    I'ts nice to be important, but more important to be NICE!

><
    I was in a rush and forgot to install BSD System. Now my iPhone is stuck and iTunes 7.5 refuses to restore to 1.0.2 (my original fw).

I was on a jailbroken/unlocked 1.1.1 iPhone. How can I restore my iPhone to ANY working firmware?

has anyone here tried boss tool to jailbreak 1.1.2?

Default Updated to 1.1.2 - all good
    I updated to 1.1.2 over the weekend and it worked great - followed the guides on modmyi.com - although you kinda need to do them in a different order

I have consolidated the step here (and included the iworld fix for all users outside of the USA)

Default I ran oktoprep..but
    I have a hacked iphone, was originally 1.0.2, I ran through the steps to update it to 1.1.1. that's been working great, so its jailbroken, activated, running 1.1.1 so now I want to go to 1.1.2. so I installed oktoprep. but according to the guide, when I connect to itunes it should ask me to set up as a new phone. but it doesnt do that. It automatically recognizes the phone and goes into sync mode. What should I do? should I continue with the rest of the steps? please advise.

Thanks for any help.

Default 1605 Error
    If you get the 1605 Error you can "hard shutdown" your iPhone by holding Home + Power buttons until it shuts down. Then turn it back on. iTunes will recognize the phone and ask if you want to update it. Click yes and you will be able to complete the update. In most cases errors with iTunes are not always the end-of-the-road that they seem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast